opinion needed here..

momong

Aug 2, 2012
Kuching
greeting and well wishes for the new year.

i dont know if this is a hanky panky stuff but i just need some reviews to ease this collective mind of mine.

1. when my car is idling, example at the traffic light, and i switch on my air-con, the car vibrate. when i push a bit of gas, it aint vibrate anymore, the i hook off my feet, it vibrate again.. (still idling ler) :confused::confused::confused:

2. when night come and im about to buy my cigratte :smokin:, i notice that as i switch on me car my dashboard light is bright.. when i switch on my headlamp, the dashboard light is no bright anymore. why leh? :banghead:

anyone, can anyone can you pleaseeeee pimp my ride..
ooooopps, i mean, enlighten me with those above issues. :nurse:

gracias mucho...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I think is normal that when you start up your car your dashboard lights as in your speedometer and other meters lights are very bright. But
once you turn on your headlamp, it will dim a little but still bright enough to see.

More like distribution of the voltage I assume. Cuz all 3 cars of mine is like that also.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
First thing: what car are you driving.
Second: age of car
Car vibrating can be due to failing engine mount. Light dimming can be due to poor current circulation or it is programmed to do so. Some car have night light for dashboard meters to avoid glare.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
wat is your rpm reading while idling, yeah suspect your engine mounting worn out too.
an ideal idling should be between 600-800rpm.

try getting some grounding cables.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wat is your rpm reading while idling, yeah suspect your engine mounting worn out too.
an ideal idling should be between 600-800rpm.

try getting some grounding cables.
Should be what RPM reading without air con and with air con on?

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Problem 1: Check the rpm 1st. If the vibration happen at 800+, then can check the engine mounting. At 900rpm also like that, need tuning. Temporally solution is to raise the idle rpm to 1k or slightly lower. For long term, 1st must replace the engine mounting and then see how.

Problem 2: Voltage regulator + grounding cables will help a bit if your battery is still ok (not sure for those imitation cheap voltage regulator). You can also replace the alternator with an aftermarket high amp model if you want to.

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yes I think csl is correct.

Your battery may be weak or your alternator is not functioning well..

Or maybe your aircond compressor is "pulling" the strain on the rpm

Is your aircond compressor noisy?

momong

Aug 2, 2012
Kuching
thanks guys for the feedback...

lights are normal i guess cuz i did sit on most of me fren's car.. im drivin an old 06 vios. for engine mounting i dont know much bout it, but i should check those out.

yea, driving home back from work, purposely wait for the lights go red, i did test those above mentioned. while im idling, the meter show between 600-800, when i switch on the aircon, the needle went 2 lines up and goes back again to 600-800.

ermm, bro what is IACV ? my car knowledge is shallow.. im sorry..

aircon compressor, how should the sound be? i guess its noisy, like when u switch the air-con on. battery and alternator i don't know about it.
Voltage regulator + grounding cables - er, what is that? u mean those PIVOT things? does it works? i tot modern car come with its own mechanical capacitor?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
thanks guys for the feedback...

lights are normal i guess cuz i did sit on most of me fren's car.. im drivin an old 06 vios. for engine mounting i dont know much bout it, but i should check those out.

yea, driving home back from work, purposely wait for the lights go red, i did test those above mentioned. while im idling, the meter show between 600-800, when i switch on the aircon, the needle went 2 lines up and goes back again to 600-800.

ermm, bro what is IACV ? my car knowledge is shallow.. im sorry..

aircon compressor, how should the sound be? i guess its noisy, like when u switch the air-con on. battery and alternator i don't know about it.
Voltage regulator + grounding cables - er, what is that? u mean those PIVOT things? does it works? i tot modern car come with its own mechanical capacitor?
IACV is Idle Air Control Valve, but since you mention Air con cuts in the RPM goes up first then stabilize back to 600-800 means IACV is working....
Looks like engine mounting issue if IACV is working....

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Since this thread is active, can I request permission to ask a question which is out of topic here?
Brian,

A lot of threads are active here...

If you want to ask question, feel free to go ahead open a new thread...

Better still start a new thread, the forumers here will be glad to reply...:biggrin:

Last edited:

Brian Lanq

Dec 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Lesley

Thanks for replying..

I would like to find out in general whether vapor in head lamps is common?

Cause I just bought a car and when it rained vapor built up inside the head lamp.

I would like to see whether anyone else has experienced this

Thanks

Brian

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey all sifu here,anybody can teach me how to DIY change kancil dashboard light??
i hope can change to white lights or blue..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience