throttle body upgrade for 4g13..., need sifu's opinions... :)

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
Guys, recently I have modded my engine, fully rebuild with 74mm pistons... Mine is MMC EFI, 2000 model... So now planning to upgrade the throttle body to 1.6... So my question, is it beneficial for the throttle body upgrade and how abou the fuel consumption? As I read some forums, it is stated that the fuel efficiency will increase, which lower fuel consumption... Do comment and give some suggestions guys... Thanks in advance...

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Re: throttle body upgarge for 4g13..., need sifu's opinions... :)

Upgraded TB will improve engine response and allows more air into the intake manifold
Fuel efficiency will depend on your engine's tuning and also your right leg. Since you already fully rebuild your engine with bigger pistons, I would say don't worry too much on the fuel part to enjoy power with the upgraded TB :P

Note: Engine fully rebuild with ported and polished head, expect fuel efficiency to DECREASE when you paddle to the metal :D

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka

thanks Shinjite... I already have changed the t/b last saturday... Better throttle response, better pick up too... Done with tuning too... About fuel consumption, cant say anything for now as still observing and calculating on it... :)

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang

Plan to go for a dyno run to see how much you have gained after running in the engine? :P
Me curious on the torque and HP figures XD

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka

haha... sure will do dyno test... but not now i guess... My plan is exhaust upgrade after this, might dyno after that... But for t/b, its just very nice when 'tarik' time... Just nice for town driving la bro... :)

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang

Oh your exhaust haven't change yet eh, icicic
A nice full HotBits exhaust set XD

How about your intake? Open pod or high flow drop in? :D

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
My intake part i haven't touch yet bro... Planning to get a K&N drop in filter... My mods are towards fuel efficiency... Previous stock setting was consuming slightly higher fuel consumption due to underpower... Now better... haha... For exhaust, planning to set up at kweng84 GT... How much does hotbits full exhaust set will cost?

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
Well full set of HB is around 1k plus and of course it is optimally tuned already
Kweng's one I dont know because never experienced before, however if you are going for custom made exhaust system, make sure it is done right :)

Exhaust is a make or break thing as well.....Header 4-2-1, try sourcing a long 4 then a short 2 into 1 design and get a high flow bullet/mid box and a nice mandrel bend piping. Muffler is up to you :D

Me also using K&N drop in, mari join the gang XD

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
alrite bro... still reading up about exhaust setup... yeah, I understood the risk of choosing custom exhaust setting... btw, where are u from bro?

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
alright bro... Do u significant improvement after upgrading to K&N filter? How about the fuel consumption?

luorenzo

Aug 14, 2010
sabah
i suggest to do your exhaust first instead of putting the k&n. As u know,after changing the 4-2-1 exhaust and down pipe until the end of muffler,its give you a responsive acceleration .. thats normally they did on 4g13 engine.. a fast increment of hp bro ..

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

k&n only add up few hp only ... fuel comsumption is depends on ur foot on the pedal ..

S16

Known Member
Nov 17, 2010
Melaka
thx a lot for ur suggestion bro... planning to mod my exhaust system soon... but I'm from malacca, so Im nt sure which exhaust shop is good... so gonna do it ta kweng... :)

Shinjite

500 RPM
Feb 27, 2006
Klang
High flow drop in filters don't expect much in HP increment, most important is the response ^^

Bigger CC cars will benefit easier from an upgrade than than us smaller CC cars

luorenzo

Aug 14, 2010
sabah
yes correct..smaller car CC cannot expect much hp increment... for for exhaust without hesitate.i did on my 4g13 b4 and its response quite well. make sure muffler straight flow.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just a couple of weekends ago, we were invited to participate in a Lotus Cars-only drive to Genting Highlands along with Ex-F1 legend, current Lotus Ambassador Jean Alesi and Gino Rosato, Director of Corporate Operations at Group Lotus. It was a drive not-to-be-missed for me not just because the Genting Highlands' uphill route is still one my favourite weekend pastime, or the opportunity to drive with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience