Need some opinion about this engine !

levin

1,000 RPM
Dec 12, 2004
Visit site
Need some opinions from all sifus here !

I'm thinking about change my car AE92sc to a cefiro which

been converted to a manual RB20DET .

-My problem is this RB20DET engine can
reliabity like toyota engine or not ?

-And how the potential to modified ?

-How the performance part are there easy to get ?

-Spare part easy to get or not ?

-How to check the rear gearbox have change to R32 gearbox
or not ?

Very appreciate every opinions in
here ! :shakehand :beer:

Last edited:

EVO3gsr

Known Member
Jul 22, 2005
KL
potential to modified is alot......engine is reliable....parts need time to search.....not as easy as ur ae92

maintenance higher compare to ur ae92.....

wat else huh? erm..... :albertein

levin

1,000 RPM
Dec 12, 2004
Visit site
EVO3gsr said:
potential to modified is alot......engine is reliable....parts need time to search.....not as easy as ur ae92

maintenance higher compare to ur ae92.....

wat else huh? erm..... :albertein
u mean what part need time to search leh :tongue: ?
maintenance i think is not a major problem lah coz now i every 3-4k change my engine oil + oil filter :rolleyes: and petrol also cost me RM40 for 2++km only ( running with oversize crank pulley , boosting to 0.9bar )
:rock:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
levin said:
u mean what part need time to search leh :tongue: ?
maintenance i think is not a major problem lah coz now i every 3-4k change my engine oil + oil filter :rolleyes: and petrol also cost me RM40 for 2++km only ( running with oversize crank pulley , boosting to 0.9bar )
:rock:
rm400 for 2xxkm id wat car u mean?

parts for rb20 is slightly different to find..not as easy as proton or toyota......

u gota use fulys yn n change every 8k or 9k.....rm200++ for oil n filter change

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
levin.

i also having an A31 here.....maybe can give u some info abt RB's engine.....

last time u serviced your car at 3k-4k.....remain the same with RB engine but is 6 liter of lub oil......no need go for fully sync unless money is nothing to u.semi sync is acceptable.

reliabity like toyota engine or not ?u can count on it

-And how the potential to modified ? money is the most important,from RM1k to RM10k alos got

-How the performance part are there easy to get ?not too hard to get,we can order from japan directly.also the same lo,got money all settle.:biggrin:

-Spare part easy to get or not ?see what kind of things u want,mostly very easy to get(for me lah,coz got a bunch of friend playing with RB....also got friend doing in chop shop)

or not ?i not sure,pls refer to other who knows,u can ask cmng.actually what so special abt R32 G/B?

for my last advise,u got sit on a RB20 manual b4?satisfy the power of RB20det?i dun wan u to feel regret of putting RB20.....unless u thinking some weird modification:biggrin:

Last edited:

levin

1,000 RPM
Dec 12, 2004
Visit site
bvalve said:
levin.

i also having an A31 here.....maybe can give u some info abt RB's engine.....

last time u serviced your car at 3k-4k.....remain the same with RB engine but is 6 liter of lub oil......no need go for fully sync unless money is nothing to u.semi sync is acceptable.

reliabity like toyota engine or not ?u can count on it

-And how the potential to modified ? money is the most important,from RM1k to RM10k alos got

-How the performance part are there easy to get ?not too hard to get,we can order from japan directly.also the same lo,got money all settle.:biggrin:

-Spare part easy to get or not ?see what kind of things u want,mostly very easy to get(for me lah,coz got a bunch of friend playing with RB....also got friend doing in chop shop)

or not ?i not sure,pls refer to other who knows,u can ask cmng.actually what so special abt R32 G/B?

for my last advise,u got sit on a RB20 manual b4?satisfy the power of RB20det?i dun wan u to feel regret of putting RB20.....unless u thinking some weird modification:biggrin:

actually i think want change to a big car . :tongue:

color=red]for my last advise,u got sit on a RB20 manual b4?satisfy the power of RB20det?i dun wan u to feel regret of putting RB20.....unless u thinking some weird modification .
u mean rb20 not is a good car to modd and the power is so so only kah ? :confused:

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
nope,rb20 is good to play and modd......actually see how u modd it,if u really want rb20 to run fast,must spend a lot.....

pls note that A31 is quite heavy,i think the weight is 1360kg if i not mistaken.a stock standard rb20 power really so so only.dunno lah maybe for me only:biggrin: .....maybe for u,u can accept.
if want the car go faster,turbine,exhaust,open pod filter,intercooler a must must change.want the car be more faster,dump in a standalone,put in cams,do some internal parts,stroke it to 2.2 or 2.3cc........hehe....that time your car can fly liao........:cool:

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
in my opinion i think if ur gonna get a cefiro A31 with a skyline engine u should go for the cefiro with RB25 or the RB26 TT engines... much more power there. however i do notice since the drifting fever is really hitting m'sia recently the price of the cefiros i c on sale is GOING UP also! pls don't flame me but sitting in an A31 with RB20 with bigger turbo and front mount intercooler, BOV, and other mods here n there the power is honestly f.cking lousy dude. cefiro owners with RB20 pls dun flame me ya i'm not insulting ur cars hehe i dunno maybe my fren's car is jus plain lousy la. RB25/26 the power is much much better la i think for the power to weight ratio thingy...

i don't own a nissan car but i can say that the RB series of engines does have plenty of modding potential. lotsa RB aftermarket parts on sale... LONG LIVE THE SKYLINE! hehehe...

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
true.....that y i told him dun regret if u get a RB20.but yet there are some as we call 'monster' rb20 around us........hehe.even can chop down a rb26 with modd easily.

but rb20 halfcut is much more cheaper compare to rb25/rb26.summore the roadtax will let u cry for a 2500/2600cc...........:argh: im crying liao.

crystal_method,

i think there is a bunch of ceffy with rb20 owner will going to kill u....muahahaha

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
bvalve said:
true.....that y i told him dun regret if u get a RB20.but yet there are some as we call 'monster' rb20 around us........hehe.even can chop down a rb26 with modd easily.

but rb20 halfcut is much more cheaper compare to rb25/rb26.summore the roadtax will let u cry for a 2500/2600cc...........:argh: im crying liao.

crystal_method,

i think there is a bunch of ceffy with rb20 owner will going to kill u....muahahaha
bvalve,

waaaa dun la like tat bvalve! hehe i oledi said pls dun flame me wei! hehe yes yes i know got some hardcore RB20's out there. hehe maybe my fren's A31 with modded RB20 lousy hehe! i heard of one monster RB20 in a nissan sunny even!!! damn man every time i c a cefiro on the road i gonna b scared man! hehe but its ok lor i guess, i live 4 the competition hehehe!

crystal_method

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
levin,

dude ur makin a wise choice in buyin a nissan skyfiro dude... my neighbour jus bought a black A31 a few months ago (RB25 inside) n altho minor minor problems here n there he's been lovin it since day 1. my housing area got all his tayar marks and donut rounds everywhere hehe! one thing i love about the RB25/26 is that it has so much potential 2 b modded, more or less bulletproof man... so even though the A31 is quite old, ppl driving evo, supra etc etc even other skylines will know and think twice b4 they fuck around wit u hahaha! rip it up!

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
crystal_method said:
bvalve,

waaaa dun la like tat bvalve! hehe i oledi said pls dun flame me wei! hehe yes yes i know got some hardcore RB20's out there. hehe maybe my fren's A31 with modded RB20 lousy hehe! i heard of one monster RB20 in a nissan sunny even!!! damn man every time i c a cefiro on the road i gonna b scared man! hehe but its ok lor i guess, i live 4 the competition hehehe!
y wanna be scared?just cucuk him n see wherether is a cat or a tiger.......hehe:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My roadtax and insurance is going to expire next week. It is a 14 years old car.

Any members have renewed their 10+ years old car' insurance without loading?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience