need help on camber Again!!!!

killa626

Known Member
Jan 10, 2006
yo guys...

i need help again with my camber lah..heiyooo, i tell you, the `96 civic ej6 not having a camber nut is a real nuisance...right now my camber is tilting outwards..this means negative camber rite...my tyre makan on the outside part...my mech advised to push back the whole arm using the pump..i`ve done this earlier but i was warned that if it is done excessively, the bearing might get stuck...my question is is this true and is it safe to use this "pump" method?

really need some advise guys...thank you.

G.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
negative camber 'eat' inside.
either u can pump it, then throw the whole set of knuckle into longkang after several years... or u just buy the adjustable camber kits.

btw, ur EJ6 is Double Wishbone F & R, wat do u expect it got an idiot so called "Camber Screw/Nut" for it..?? those nut is for those low cost setup like korea & local made.

wanna know more bout 'double wishbone', try read the Ferrari or F1 article bout handling setup....

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ur camber setting at the moment is positive. negative would the be other way round, where ur tire makan on the inner side. track car setup.. :biggrin:

anyway, i dun see why u would worry about excessive camber adjustments? by right, u only do it once in awhile, unless there's something wrong with ur lower arm that requires constant camber adjustment. if u feel the need to adjust very often, do invest in adjustable camber kits, its not cheap, but its an investment for easy-adjusting in the near future.

pencalat

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2006
JB
yo guys...

i need help again with my camber lah..heiyooo, i tell you, the `96 civic ej6 not having a camber nut is a real nuisance...right now my camber is tilting outwards..this means negative camber rite...my tyre makan on the outside part...my mech advised to push back the whole arm using the pump..i`ve done this earlier but i was warned that if it is done excessively, the bearing might get stuck...my question is is this true and is it safe to use this "pump" method?

really need some advise guys...thank you.

G.
PUMP METHOD usually a lil risk on ur bearing.. that's all...
also can reduce ur bearing in longlife.. if u never pump the camber...
u can do so.... i think the price rm45 per camber....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm very interested to get an FD2R, also the price just dropped. Above that I'm putting a side about RM20k for car mod. What am I looking at & what could I get from that kind of budget?
I don't need a track car & not going to spend too much. If needing topping up above the budget abit would be fine. I'm asking this before getting the car...

What I have is mind is NOT to change the major parts in FD2R. What comes in with the car should be good enough already. Just mod it to the limit that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience