Civic EK3 front camber problem

skyline2m

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Kota Kinabalu
Dear honda sifu
currently my bar front camber got problem and it was known when i change rim n tyre, my old tyre worn out at the inside part of the tyre
after change rim n tyre then i directly do alignment at the same shop and found out that the reading at the alignment machine give the red reading meand gt prob then the shop told me that honda camber is non adjustable and need to pull using a jack and he describe the risk that if my luck is not good there will be a problem. May be something at the arm will crack or break.

My question is anyone here try to take the risk to pull it using a jack?got bad thing happen. Crack or break?

my ek upper arm still standard (non adjustable). The shop said that is I've change the upper arm to adjustable then can adjust but the adjust arm will missalign quickly than the original 1. The shop said that there were 3 honda take the risk to pull and all of them safe. Nothing happen. Afraid mine is crak or break

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
ek doesnt come with adjustable camber therefore the only way to "adjust" it is to bend the arm using machine to get the right camber degree, however this is not advisable because u are force bending the arm, may make it weaker at some point.

solution: save money and get a well known brand of adj camber kit.. like skunk2 or something..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
i did the pulling of the arm with my ex-kelisa last time..no problem...

i suggest giving it a try... since from the workshop says 3 out 3 all safe... i guess its ok...if its done properly

skyline2m

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Kota Kinabalu
the workshop did said that better to pull during weekday (because is was sunday when i change rim) so that is something happen can buy part directly because spare part shop open
by this friday will go try my luck if not my new tyre will also worn out at the inside part
just afraid that something bad happen

want or dont want also must adjust the camber to prevent abnormal worn out on the new tyre

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Check the bushings first, sometimes its just worn bushings, not the arm that's bent...pulling the arm will be a temporary fix if the the bushings are worn..the cambers will go out of whack after a short while.

The upper arms are very durable (usually only bending if accident), the bushings are usually the culprit most of the time.

Last edited:

Lesley Fung

From Facebook
Aug 28, 2010
Kota Kinabalu
camber was adjusted using a jack
nothing happen
the reason i take the risk is because my camber misalign a little bit only (in the alignment machine was in red)
the alignment mechanic said that the honda last time he did with camber misalign a lot because he said the car too lowered until need to adjust camber

skyline2m

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Kota Kinabalu
they jacked the arm that link to the upper arm ball joint
now is ok
can feel that the car going stairght when driving in a straight road
when they jack it, nothing crack or break
just they bent the arm to the right angle for the car
feeling satisfy

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Glad to hear that. I have just changed my front upper arm (both) today due to worn out ball joint. Have to use ori arm coz the taiwan made one caused the camber to 'lari', car steer itself to the left. Money flew already... :bawling:

skyline2m

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Kota Kinabalu
before i jack my arm that day i did also ask them (same shop) to change the ball joint and they diamantle my upper arm and found that the ball joint come with the upper arm. It can't be change, must change the whole set. They did found the taiwan set but i dont want because i know it will bent easily then i ask them to find the bush only (luckily got sell only upper arm bush) and also my ball joint still ok
then they only change upper arm bush, but still got a bit "tik tok" sound when come to a bumpy road
may b after CNY i will change all the lower arm bush. meanwhile the alignment is ok with slightly worn out bush

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
i see.. you saved a lot of money already.. me not so lucky :shot:. Are u sure it's the lower arm bush that caused the 'tik tok' sound?

skyline2m

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Kota Kinabalu
i guess so
because my car got a lot of tik tok sound last time
1st i change the tie rod ball joint, it reduce a bit but still annoying sound
2nd i change upper arm bush. sound reduce a lot and better handling and car more stable when bumpy road but still gt a bit of tik tok sound

after cny will go change all lower arm bush because when i see my upper arm bush, it was cracked

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

I own a CRZ and at the bottom of the front windshield, there a part that always collect water.
And I am not sure if its due to rain water or tap water collecting there. Here's a pic.

Any way i can try to remove it?

Ive tried glass cleaner and elbow grease, but doesnt seem to work at all. Am afraid it might be permenantly marked.

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience