Civic EG launch control problem

andrew777

andrew777

Sep 22, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all,

My civic eg running on p30 ecu neptune chipped with launch control function.
On recent drive, Vtec kick in on 5.8k rpm as usual, after that the car engine remain at full throttle, and if the car is idling, it also on 4k rpm launch control even i didnt press accelerator.
Visible check no vacum leak, throttle cable all fine, and once i unplug the map sensor, rpm remain on 2k rpm.
Anyone have clue/solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm not clear on what the issue is. This is you trying to launch or is this idle?

Isn't the P30 Neptune a stock ECU with some extra add ons? The launch control rechip didn't do properly?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all,

My civic eg running on p30 ecu neptune chipped with launch control function.
On recent drive, Vtec kick in on 5.8k rpm as usual, after that the car engine remain at full throttle, and if the car is idling, it also on 4k rpm launch control even i didnt press accelerator.
Visible check no vacum leak, throttle cable all fine, and once i unplug the map sensor, rpm remain on 2k rpm.
Anyone have clue/solution for this?

Thanks in advance.
The launch control function cuts throttle or ignition during full throttle,
if your throttle is still cable operated then it shouldn't have anything to do with the launch control or chip.

Could it be the floor mat, or just a stuck cable?

andrew777

andrew777

Sep 22, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
I'm not clear on what the issue is. This is you trying to launch or is this idle?

Isn't the P30 Neptune a stock ECU with some extra add ons? The launch control rechip didn't do properly?
The scenario is like these:
I cruising on highway, and i kick in vtec to overtake a car, after that, i feel the car keep throttle even my right foot didnt press on the accelerator, then i have to emergency stop by roadside, and turn off the engine, when i restart the engine, the engine is in full throttle

andrew777

andrew777

Sep 22, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
The launch control function cuts throttle or ignition during full throttle,
if your throttle is still cable operated then it shouldn't have anything to do with the launch control or chip.

Could it be the floor mat, or just a stuck cable?
Ya, i checked the throttle body cable, is in normal condition, and not floor mat, really no idea what to check next...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The scenario is like these:
I cruising on highway, and i kick in vtec to overtake a car, after that, i feel the car keep throttle even my right foot didnt press on the accelerator, then i have to emergency stop by roadside, and turn off the engine, when i restart the engine, the engine is in full throttle
That's seriously weird.

Your car sounds it has a stuck WOT throttle body. But it's not the cable right? Did you port the TB? Butterfly not closing properly?

andrew777

andrew777

Sep 22, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
That's seriously weird.

Your car sounds it has a stuck WOT throttle body. But it's not the cable right? Did you port the TB? Butterfly not closing properly?
Yes, not the cable, i try pull the cable and it works fine, and then i dismantle air filter hose to TB, try to see if anything stuck inside TB or the butterfly flap got any strange, but found nothing.

sweelt

2,000 RPM

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Yes, not the cable, i try pull the cable and it works fine, and then i dismantle air filter hose to TB, try to see if anything stuck inside TB or the butterfly flap got any strange, but found nothing.
did you dismantle TB recently ?
Happened to me during diy clean tb. Found out i fix gasket in wrong orientation, gasket tip interrupting tb movement.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
did you dismantle TB recently ?
Happened to me during diy clean tb. Found out i fix gasket in wrong orientation, gasket tip interrupting tb movement.
Ah, makes sense. Mine was when I tried fitting K&N air filter last time, the adapter, at one corner less than 1mm block, the acceleration all haywire.....lol

VtecBear93

VtecBear93

Apr 20, 2020
Hey guys..I'm very new to Neptune chip and new to this forum as well.. like what are some of the features that we can do with? Apart from the launch control is like basically pushing down the throttle.. like what are other things that we can do?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, i own a 06 Citra
my air cond was giving me problem ...when i accelerate, there is this whinning sound that goes louder as i acccelerate.
Notice when i switch off my air cond, no problem
after a while i notice, only when the compressor kicks in ...then this sound will come

Went to air cond shop in Sunway 1-2 months back, confirm compressor bearing problem, but they cant fix, just advice me take a recond set (650 including service, cleaning and new filter)
after install, tested...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience