Advise on camber kit please?

vtecDIEhard

Known Member
Sep 30, 2004
Hi guys,

I am having problem with my front car tyres as it wears out on the inner side. I've tried pumping the camber 3 times, but the same problem happens. The cost of pumping each time is 45 per side :(
Hence I thought the economical way would be changing the upper control arm. The original Honda set is around RM230-280 per piece. So I'm considering either Arospeed, Omni Power or Skunk2

Should I stick to Honda or get a cheaper alternative, Arospeed RM 580? Or just Omni Power/Skunk2 (RM999) straight?

If Arospeed, is there anything I should be take note or know before hand?
Can't find much feedback on Arospeed online though.

Thanks for your input guys.

p.s. Any idea on price for Omnipower?

Last edited:

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
i think just get the normal upper arm should do the trick. i got mine, 2nd hand unit, only cost me rm40 per side. and make sure the bush is in decent condition before paying. if all goes well, ur camber setting should be ok.

if u got a bigger budget, go for the adjustable ones as it will save u alot of money in the future. but yes, the price for the adjustables are like... 500 onwards... so... think properly.. hehe

just my 2 cents.

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Most tire wear issues usually related to worn bushings, so check that before buying a camber kit

camber kits are ORIGINALLY meant to fix the camber when you lower the car/alter the suspension. It was never meant to fix tire wear issues.

unless you've lowered your car, the stock camber arm should do just fine.

Please note how fast your tire wears.
If you have inner wear that is quite rapid, then I'd say you have a toe problem.
Of course, this will likely happen after I say this.

"But I did alignment and everything is ok!"

in which case, let me save time and explain why the alignment machine is only as good as your bushes.

During acceleration on the front wheel drive, the wheels automatically toe in a bit (or more, if your bushing is really worn.

That's where the tire wear issues happen.

Or sometimes, if the tire alignment technician set it to minimal toe out -0.2 or something, the toe out will wear the insides of the tire too, but instead of while acceleration, this happens when you are coasting (off throttle)

That's why even if you set a 0 degs, sometimes tire wear issues happen.

Camber also plays a part, but not so much. with minus -2 camber on each wheel (okay, I did lower my car) but I only see noticable inner wear after 5000kms, and even then it's not really extreme, but when that 5000km is a month's mileage.. well.. I needed to do something about it, which was why I bought the s2 camber kit. (front and rear)

They look very beefy, but the rear camber arm bush tends to squeak (at very low speeds ONLY, like goin over a bump). I thought about putting poly grease (different from regular grease) like I did to my front, but thinking of all the sand that's going to stick to the grease and then get embedded in the bush, I opted not to do it.

Been using them for a year plus now. Probably closer to two.
And I've never ever needed to set them again after the initial first time installation.

Last edited:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
i would recommend you to get skunk2 adjustable camber kit. or if you prefer not to adjust the camber setting, get the cusco camber correction kit. it will solve your problem tho its a bit hard to source..

vtecDIEhard

Known Member
Sep 30, 2004
Guys thanks for all the input especially you Shiro. Appreciate it.
I found a pair of slightly used Arospeed camber adjustable. Might just opt for that since its cheaper than buying the new ori Honda parts. Will jus replace the bushing in future if I have to.

As for the rear kit, my rear tire wear is still alright. I guess it's the front that's bothering me. My new sets of tires wouldnt last more than 1 year bcos of heavy foot :P

Anyway, I lowered my car previously but did not do anything on the camber kit. Now jus running on stock tokico abs. Stil facing the prob and that's why I'm planning to change the upper control arm once and for all before I burn more money on tires.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
a set of Honda Camber kits for sell:
Vision Front Upper Adjustable Camber Kits(90% new) & AMS Japan Rear Adjustable Camber Kits(95% New). goes for rm1300 for both pair.:smokin:

017-620 7538 can help u out. Thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've 1 HKS 3037 turbo need repair, the bearing come out oredi.. any workshop is the most recommanded or anyone here can pm me if u're doing repair turbo service..
roughly how much if repair this kind of ball bearing turbo?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience