My SetUp = )

J101

1,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2005
malaysia
the simplest so far is to get the innovate afr system then get your apexi tt hooked

innovate = approx 1600
apexi tt = approx 250
----------------------------------
approx 1850 for your accurate reading
-----------------------------------

unless u wanna go to the dyno and see how the afr like on idle, cruising speed and high revs.

hattech-v said:
yes, agree with that... apexi tt reading is inaccurate...
btw, where did the timer get those a/f value? o2 sensor wire?

Enthusiast

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2005
omfg....i found the root of my power loss today.....juz view the pics and u will know why!

and this is what rescued my car....type-r 4-2-1....and 2.5 inch piping from jaafar replacing my old 2.3 inch ones..these are marco brand....issit branded stuff or something?

this is just eye candy = ) my chromed cover!

well i was pretty surprised how the exhaust system could affect the car soooo much....after installing the type-r ext and 2.5 inch piping coupled with a jasma 5zigen fireball......the sound will give uncles walking past heartattacks......the ride was much smoother.....and the power improved tremendously! I can finally feel the power of a Rojak-R instead of the b16a power i was stuck with the past few months.....

anyways....gonna go install safc2 and dynotune my car in Millenium motorsports very soon.....will let u guys know abt the results here !!

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
hattech-v,
yeah..can go mars...but still...w a 12.XX af during cruising n he still manage 230km w RM50 worth of fuel is fantabulous wat?heehhehe......btw,really ar 2.5inch too big 4 B16A?got a fren running full 5Zigen piping(2.5") on his EG6...he swears by it wor....n its like,5Zigen produced it specifically 4 d EG6.... =)

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Enthusiast said:
omfg....i found the root of my power loss today.....juz view the pics and u will know why!

well i was pretty surprised how the exhaust system could affect the car soooo much....after installing the type-r ext and 2.5 inch piping coupled with a jasma 5zigen fireball......the sound will give uncles walking past heartattacks......the ride was much smoother.....and the power improved tremendously! I can finally feel the power of a Rojak-R instead of the b16a power i was stuck with the past few months.....

anyways....gonna go install safc2 and dynotune my car in Millenium motorsports very soon.....will let u guys know abt the results here !!
Yup.. love to see those dyno results.
Well.. told you any kinks and bends result in power loss... that's why for exhaust mandrel bent = good, compression bend = bad.

although with 2.5 inch.. won't your engine bog if you apply too much throttle at low revs at low speeds?

However, your choice of rims and tires (the corner of the pic.. izzit your?) have got to make me wonder.. how much do they weigh? (O_o)

Last edited:

xxxx

1,500 RPM
Feb 9, 2005
this EK9 extractor seems heavy...anyone knows the weight?

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
xxxx said:
this EK9 extractor seems heavy...anyone knows the weight?
I think it's heavy.. that's why I recommend the DC2R's one.. not cast iron, but actual mandrel bent pipes.

Enthusiast,

Where you chrome your parts?

Electro-plating, or spray paint? It looks like spray paint, but it could be just your camera.. so which one is it?

I want to chrome some parts of my bike, so looking for anyone who knows.

Last edited:

Enthusiast

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2005
Ok guys been missing some time....anyways here are some updates on setup and the Dyno results that i promised......

Changes on setup : b18c gsr block, b16a head, b16a IM, B16a TB bored to 66mm, mugen chip, Type-r 4-2-1, Racecraft cf filter, 2.5 inch jaafar custom piping, 5zigen fireball muffler, b20 injector, pr3 cam, p30 piston, engine n flywheel lightened, exedy semi race, p72 gearbox w lsd, safc2....running on 250 psi compression prolly due to the p30 pistons and head skimming and ligthening by previous owner....

After some tuning on the afc2, manage to get 166 whp, 168nm torque.....I feel like there are much much more hp that can be squeezed out of the engine...

Issues :

1) The compression if converted i think will be approx 12.xx ratio.....is this ratio enough to maximise the power of jun/toda/crower cams? or shud i juz plonk in ctr cams?

2) My a/f map leans out all of a sudden to ridiculous figures at around 2 - 3k rpm.....tuner suggested something is wrong with the mugen chip.......and tuner claim engine was still running abit lean due to safc2's limit of adding fuel at higher rpms....again due to the limitations of the original mugen mapping.....the afc can only add more fuel till a certain point before the signal overloads and check light comes on.......can chips be faulty having this kind of problems? any solutions/suggestions from sifus?
btw i tuned it in GT auto.

3) i aim to get 180 whp or above.....any suggestions? i feel like taking the head out....p/p head and Im......and plonk in aftermarket or ctr cams.......ths should yield same results as a b16b head + b16b IM imo......no point spending so much extra for the type-r items i guess......

thats abt it......sorry for the long post.......but hope there'll be more of this kind of posts, like in jdmuniverse and honda-tech.com.........any other member willing to post up their specs and dyno results?

Some pics of my ride...

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
Entuhsiast,
may i know who built d engine?y r u using PR3 cams?frm wat i know,PR3=small v,right?...n how on earth did u bore d B16A TB to 66mm?i tot d max is only 64mm?how much did it cost u 2 bore d TB?i'm interested w dis mod but m not sure who 2 turn to....n dude,no offence but 166whp frm a high compression B18C(12.xx cr IS high!!!) is not impressive i wud say....d torque figure seems ok....but wat i'm more interested is ur total power n torque curve...smooth?spikey?etc?.....n u keep mentioning ur engine leans out..is dis really due 2 d MUGEN chip(ppl haf told me MUGEN chips run lean) or is it d B20 injectors?how big r dis injectors compared 2 B16A?haf u tried other chip or even d stock ECU(coz all stock DOHC VTEC ECUs will run slightly rich)...thn u might haf enuff fuel 2 support ur high compression B18C...dats wat i think ler..i m not saying i'm right...just chipping in....w ur CR,u shud b running aftermarket high cams instead of Type R items..but thn again,even w d PR3 cams ur facing leaning-out problem..u shud look @ dis 1st b4 u proceed w high cams...
cheers........

Enthusiast

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2005
Hi akuma....previous owner built the engine...in spoon sports i think.....im not sure wether cams are pr3 or not but my cam gears state pr3 on it........the TB i exchanged my ori one with a friend.....it is confirmed not b18 wan becoz i compared it to a b18 one before......so either its 16a or 16b wan......and measured 66mm.........gave quite alot of response.........i think whats keeping the horsepower down is fueling issues and small cams.......thats why i'm asking for opinions on the setup.........hp figure is smooth and peaks at 7,900........but torque curve is very spikey for some reason........i got no idea of the capacity of b20 injectors as it was installed by previous owner.....but seeming tat it was meant for a 2.0 it should be bigger than b16a injectors? anybody can comment on this?
i think my next step would be pnp head and IM.....type-r cams.......and a proper tuning chip maybe from drax........proper tuning would solve everything i guess.....i was initially expecting 170whp......well not much diff but my engine is mostly stock components with I/H/E so i can't expect much anyway.........
i've looked around on the net and most jdm stock integra type-r's are running 165-168 whp only.......so it's actually not bad lol.......

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
ooo..so Kenny built d engine ei?who was d previous owner?a member of d Furtive gang too?.....anyway,i dun quite get it?y wud u wan a DRAX chip whn u oredy haf d MUGEN chip n AFC2?juts 2 share w u....i'm running small v B16A w duno-wat-chip-d-fella-dun-wanna-tell-me n VAFC...dynoed @ LINKS.....netted 161whp @ 7800rpm n Ah Kee din pull pass dat mark whn i told him my engine can take it....of course my torque figure of abt 145nm is pale in comparison 2 urs...urs is a 1.8L anyway.....n my VAFC is set 2 minus all across d rpm range....whc means my fuelling capacity is under utilised......
i still think u need 2 rectify ur fuelling problem....

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Enthusiast?

You can try the following to work around the VAFC add fuel limit..

Use the aftermarket regulator to pump up the rail pressure, then use VAFC to trim the fuel.

but the fact that you're running B20B injectors should not cause any issues of running lean.. It's kind of strange that you're having to resort to such measures and having your engine still run lean.

Check fuel pump voltage / connections.. maybe some problem there??

My vafc is leaner on the lower 1-4K ranges and scales up after vtec. also running 3 bar on the regulator.

plugs are brownish, which means the mix is roughly right.

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
enthusiast, i dun think b16 tb can be oversized till 66mm. max is 63.5/64 if not mistaken. dont measure the outer tb. measure it from inner tb (butterfly size).
all campulley regardless its b16b, b18c r oso stated pr3. n that dosnt meant ur cam is pr3. try double check it again.
the torque is ok i think since torque is much related to the displacement.
1.6 = 14-16lb (140-160nm)
1.8 = 16-18lb (160-180nm)
* estimated.

maybe u can post ur dyno chart here n we can see how the afr reading.
n i think with the head + 1.8 block setup, ur compression shud be around 11-12 static cr.
u can try to calculate it using the static cr calculator n available on net.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, i am looking at purchasing a RX-8, which i am aware that it is a rotary and fuel hog. Its just for my weekend drive. Manual transmission is around RM50k. The cons would be, no matter what the previous owner says about the engine, it may still fail and i would be looking at a rebuild at about RM8k or transplant, which is about 12k. The pros about a manual transmission RX-8 at this price range would be that it is maintained well than the much lower priced ones.

Alternatively if i get...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience