Best SQ setup shop

Aug 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hey all, I am looking for a good audio installer with a lot of experience and patience. I am planning to upgrade my audio system to a rainbow profi vanadium 3 way speaker setup. Furthermmore i am also planning to change my headunit to an Alpine cde 137 and add in a alpine pxa- h800 processor.

My current system :

HU : Pioneer double din 8450bt

Front stage : dls reference rm6.2

Rear : none

Amps :Rainbow Ipaul 4.300 ( 4 channel active)

Rainbow Ipaul DM2000 ( Subwoofer)

Sub : Rainbow Profi Line

I also would like to mention that i am considering KK LAU and KF Audio . However i really am confused as to which installer to choose ? However other installer reccomendations would be much appreciated as well . Thanks

andycheah

Nov 5, 2006
I do my set up at Dream Wheel s/b is 2 shop lots from KF Audio, very good. I'm an audiophile car myself Mcintosh all the way and scan speak
. Lets met up, not too many car audiophile now days. I'm Andy 012-321 9743

LazyCrazy

8,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2009
PJ
www.youtube.com
KF Audio is my recommendation.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
My recommendation is CV Audio Uptown Damansara. They sell H800's like hotcakes there and are an authorized Alpine and Rainbow dealer.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
My recommendation is CV Audio Uptown Damansara. They sell H800's like hotcakes there and are an authorized Alpine and Rainbow dealer.
Current Alpine HUs are rubbish, more money for less features. No active crossover, and they call it flagship, really? More like flagshit.

Any idea if ACP in SS2 still in business?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Current Alpine HUs are rubbish, more money for less features. No active crossover, and they call it flagship, really? More like flagshit.

Ah. You're not looking at the big picture. They've stopped the F1 flagship range and all for a reason. It wasn't selling as well they expected and with new cars coming with built in equipment, HUs are no longer their key focus. It's more on their processors. You should see what the H800 can do

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Ah. You're not looking at the big picture. They've stopped the F1 flagship range and all for a reason. It wasn't selling as well they expected and with new cars coming with built in equipment, HUs are no longer their key focus. It's more on their processors. You should see what the H800 can do
H800, at what price?

BTW you know any kang tao for Clarion HU? I think I'll get a Clarion CZ703A

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003

ACP...hehe, passby at night, signboard still there so i think it is :D but from 2 shops cut down to 1 i think, not sure.

Jysw1986

Aug 21, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I would like to ask sifu for advise.
proton persona car
head unit : pioneer aht 4550sd
component: morel tempo 6

Going to get hertz ep4 amp to drive my component and stock blaupank rear speaker
I'm considering woofer as well. going for sq setup.
Wat amp/woofer to get? lets say budget below 2k?
Thanks

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
H800, at what price?

BTW you know any kang tao for Clarion HU? I think I'll get a Clarion CZ703A
Yeah well, the H800 is the current "king" of the all the processors out there. The DAC and all already makes a big difference.

As for that Clarion, I think Howie from EA Autoworks has that model. It's not too expensive, I believe he said 1200.

I would like to ask sifu for advise.
proton persona car
head unit : pioneer aht 4550sd

Going to get hertz ep4 amp to drive my component and stock blaupank rear speaker
I'm considering woofer as well. going for sq setup.
Wat amp/woofer to get? lets say budget below 2k?
Thanks
If you're serious about sound, you'll want to forget about the rear speakers (or just fade it away). Use the 2 channels to power the comp and the remaining 2 channels for a sub. Not sure if the Hertz can do that or not though. If your budget for just the woofer is 2k, that's a pretty healthy budget. Get the JL W3v3 or the Boston G5 sub. There's a used Boston in CV Audio at the moment that's selling for less than your budget. But again - I don't know if that Hertz amp can power this sub.

Jysw1986

Aug 21, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks. i'm in jb. so i dun know where to source the sub.
sub i am considering to get a decent sub below 1k and maybe add a monoblock for it
i still wondering if 2 channel from the hertz can support. someone told me can support if the sub is 10" and low rms.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks. i'm in jb. so i dun know where to source the sub.
sub i am considering to get a decent sub below 1k and maybe add a monoblock for it
i still wondering if 2 channel from the hertz can support. someone told me can support if the sub is 10" and low rms.
Aiyo.. suggest you learn up how subs and all work before spending hard earned money on a sub. It doesn't work that way.

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/E4B0...-A807-6E73F79CFF02/doc/hertz_ep4_tech_eng.pdf

That's the tech details of the amp. If you look at the power ratings, it's rated at 14.4v so that means the power in our cars (Japanese cars rated at 13v give or take) will be lower. Look at the 4 channels, focus on 190w x 1 (4ohm).

That's how much power it can deliver as a single channel. Meaning you take 2 channels, bridge them to be a single channel. Why single? Cuz your sub is a single speaker so that's just one channel.

Also 4ohms means the sub must be able to run at 4ohms. There are 3 types of subs, single voice coil, double voice coil and active subwoofer. The active one is the simplest since they come amplified and can fit under your seat. Single voice coil woofers only have one coil and are usually wired up at 4ohm. *Usually* SVC subs are musical and very soft going, not very hard thumping. The dual voice coils are usually larger and most cases more powerful. But need more to drive them. Usually they come in 2 x 4ohm voice coils or 2 x 2ohm voice coils. So depending on what type of DVC sub you buy, this Hertz amp might not be able to match it since it supports 4ohm.

So yes - the power it can give is low (190w at 14.4v, meaning at 13v it's about 150w only) and that's kinda low for a sub, but what kind of sub bass do you want? My JLW6v2 works with 300w power and I'm feeding it way more than that. The kind of thump I get works great with my dance trance type of music.

Too many things to think about. Don't blindly blow your money on an install without understanding it.

And you can do better than the Hertz amp. Your budget seems relatively healthy so shop around and try to find a 4 channel that can do better.

Jysw1986

Aug 21, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, would like to ask if pheonix gold z500.4 (4 channel amp) is suitable for me.
head unit : pioneer double din aht 4550sd

Will put front door sound proof with stp black 2 layers each door

besides that, will consider next upgrade of woofer and monoblock.
Pheonix gold z500.1 monoblock and pheonix gold rx 12" woofer

Will this be an ok setup for sq? Thanks

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys, any1 here have the experience in upgrading their wira suspension?
i mean from 1.3 to 1.6 suspension... as i know, the 1.6 absober n spring is bigger in diameter. so is the top mount different? i mean the black cover to coordinat the spring n to screw at the top. i ask a few forman n some suspension sellers, some said need to change. but some of them nvr mention abt that thing at all, say just buy the 1.6 spring n absober will do.
any1 could help me?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience