Best Basic Audio Setup

edgeo

Known Member
Jul 4, 2005
Shah Alam
Dear audio sifuuu,

can advise me what will be the best basic audio setup, i mean HU + speaker....no amp or wat so ever.....I'm not really into serious audio enthusiast, just 'good sound' is enough for me....budget around 500....thanks in advance

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
With 500 you can only get a Pioneer, Kenwood or Sony HU with mp3 function. If want to buy speakers then you have to add some more money that will soon end up with adding an amp. But if you change HU and without changing your speakers, it is good also but only you cannot turn the volume too loud..

vladimir

500 RPM
Jan 5, 2006
budget around RM500 can enjoy good sound meh? u sure regret kau kau man~

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Must see our pocket first mah. If not going for very high end, change a HU and the speakers remain the same also can get better quality of sound.

NFS

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
interested in this also ... let say with minimal or average budget ... what kind of setup is considerably good ...

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
IHMO..go for an entry conponent set for the front and a 3way 6x9 for the rear.the 3way would give u sufficient bass.
wat brands?look at ur budget and go look around.
not forgetting a good HU...

soggie

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Let's say I get a pair of speakers with 150W rating. My HU pumps out 50Wx4. Do I need to get an AMP? Or I can use the speakers no prob just not that good sound quality?

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
my advice ... get a headunit that not expensive wit jus radio cassete player will do and buy a usb Mp3 player FM radio transmitter !
Then u can play Mp3 songs unlimited n good quality too .....
myself bought it plus 1GB pendrive ( below Rm200 ) the Mp3 plays wit normal cassete player !
the extra money u can spend it upgrading the speaker or add some amps !

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Pdguy, not to flame you. I have used a USB pendrive like what you said on my wife's car, the quality is so so only. Then i tried on my car with amp, also the quality is not what I'm expecting... The gadget is 100 and pendrive is 200, then a basic HU is 300, so total is 600. With this 600 you can get a Pioneer or Kenwood with mp3 function already. Only your way is more flexible if you normally transfer alot of files from 1 pc to another. No hard feeling please.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Yarloh, that's why is better ownself make mp3s from own original CD with the settings of 192kpbs minimum. If 128 the bass is not nice...

pdguy

500 RPM
Jan 18, 2005
Everywhere
kyheng said:
Pdguy, not to flame you. I have used a USB pendrive like what you said on my wife's car, the quality is so so only. Then i tried on my car with amp, also the quality is not what I'm expecting... The gadget is 100 and pendrive is 200, then a basic HU is 300, so total is 600. With this 600 you can get a Pioneer or Kenwood with mp3 function already. Only your way is more flexible if you normally transfer alot of files from 1 pc to another. No hard feeling please.
no hard feelings a bro ......
bro im using it without any probs coz im tellin this for a basic setup which people short of money to spend on car audio system ! if u wanted a really good one can go for branded players n sets that cost a bang n the quality surely home theater at home also wil loose :shades_smile:
as for me ( low budget like RM500 ) the FM transmiter RM100, HeadUnit RM150 (cheap one but digital FM tuner , pendrive RM50 (256MB) and the rest of money can fix amps n speakers ...... as for me jus listen to songs the quality wil loose a bit ( its ok for me ) and keep me company thru mu daily drive !
and as u said its easy to upload n delete latest songs onto pendrive unlike cd's hav to burn or buy that takes ample of time !

to cut short ..... depends on budget n wat to choose its jus depands on wat u want not just wat u can get in the market ?

hahahahaha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, my car 's CD Player the front cover (Display, Control; Can plug out tht one) has been stolen, now only left the back unit (Fix one). Can buy the cover only? or i must replace whole unit?

Need answer urgent. Thanks everyone.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience