Dropping voltage (the best sq voltage solution)

[email protected]

Sep 26, 2008
Just want to ask la. my pioneer can display voltage value of the car. when the car is started it was 13.8. the when the ac is on it change to 13.4. then when the headlight in on it was 13.1. and when the fog light is on it was 12.8. is it will affect the sound of my audio set and is it will also consume more fuel. what is the best voltage for sq. how can i increase and maintain the voltage at peak.

[email protected]

Sep 26, 2008
cant la. now days are very hot. must turn on ac. my car don have night vision equipment must turn the light too. can you give me some suggestion or solutions is a voltage stabilizer going to help.

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
upgrade your charging system... starting with the alternator...

problem still presist? mayb there is a voltage leak... so that is one hard thing to find...

good lluck...

oh ya... the best vostage for sq? i say 14.4V...

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
always check your battery, and buy good quality ones, non maintenance free usually lasts longer

can also upgrade wires from alt to batt to a bigger size, as well as the ground cables.

if more adventurous can upgrade your alternator to something rated higher (if your stock alt is below 100A maybe u can find one thats 100 or 110A that can fit your car)

also can add 1F capacitor in your system just before the amp.

[email protected]

Sep 26, 2008
thanks guys. i will try by upgrading my battery first and maybe the wire between battery and my alternator. my altenator is 90amp. my batteries already 2 years old. once i listen to songs in the car without turning on the engine and the car cant be started. when i check the battery is liquid is dried. some says that when it happen the battery is not in a good conditions any more.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
battery is the obvious answer...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

First launched in 1994 and 18 years later, the Toyota Camry has been well renowned for its quality, durability, reliability and quite arguably – style. And after having sold over 96,000 units within Malaysia alone, it does little to surprise when it already possesses 47% market share for its own segment since 2006.

<!--more-->The new Camry is now being locally assembled at UMW Toyota Motor’s...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience