My SetUp = )

Oderf

1,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
KL
www.zerotohundred.com
yeah bro...go find some piggyback to tune ur car...looks like the tuning part is sux....aso, u r running a bit low compression with tht stock GSR pistons....better get P30 if not PCT pistons ler.........cheers...

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
shiro,
wats wrong w 12.xx on WOT?mine stock small V only ler...more thn enuff ler.....super tuned engines might need 10.xx ler...me no nid....12.xx is rich enuff 4 me.....urs ler?

Enthusiast

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2005
oh dear.......thats like fckn bad news man.......only when i release the throttle near stop only the a/f went down to 11 - 12 - 13 - 14..........my rm50 can go around 230.......

compression part is funny........coz when i went to avant garde eric tested my comp..........and it was 250 psi on all four consistently............+_+.............make me headache lar wei.............how to explain this? i tot 250 is considered high?

zamrioo2

Known Member
May 2, 2005
Enthusiast said:
i see.....tuning a/f must be damn important then.....the last i checked a/f on my apexi turbo timer was 10.0 while crusing.....doesn't look like a good number.......coz the tt sometimes shows the ratio but sometimes doesn't....i think my o2 sensor siao siao adi........10.0 is running too rich or too lean?

well if it's true that safc-II is more than enough for my settings then i will be getting it this saturday already......go dyno tune in links rm150 rite?

and my extractor....im not sure where is primary bend where is secondary bend......but the kemek part is right below the oil pan there......the whole strect there kena ketuk adi the upper 2 pipes.......around 17 inch in length i think........affect much????
better get the oem xtractor back i guess... vafc2 is gud enough if do properly tuning... too many factors must be considered while marking... for ur satisfaction better start while cruising in 1st gear... to me, so4 juz suitable for 'lawa-lawa' je... :_:

Enthusiast

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2005
using apex'i turbo timer...but shud be inaccurate.........yeah 250 quite high tats y im suspecting extractor and tuning........how bout clutch? if clutch tak makan then car will be sluggish too?

Enthusiast

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2005
zamrioo2 said:
better get the oem xtractor back i guess... vafc2 is gud enough if do properly tuning... too many factors must be considered while marking... for ur satisfaction better start while cruising in 1st gear... to me, so4 juz suitable for 'lawa-lawa' je... :_:

wah...ur lawa lawa make alot of us Terasa WEi!!!

shiroitenshi

3,000 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
Err...just got a reality check.....

from what I know.. unless you have a wideband 02 sensor installed in your car... the stock sensor is only able to measure a small range.. and if I'm not wrong.. the range is very small

which means that your AFR meter should be reading wrong.. check the manual for the connections.. does it say that it is supposed to be connected to the narrowband sensor? or the wideband type sensor? Wideband is 5V... and narrowband.. well... I forgot.

here's a link.. http://www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/WideBandO2

now that my memory is refreshed by the above link.. it would seem that the narrowband can only read the range of 14-15 A/F Ratio.. so check again which sensor you're using.

If you're running narrowband.. that's the stock sensor that is on the extractor's end (OBD1/2) or if you're running earlier gens (OBD0), it's on one of the primary bends off the extractor. (stock EF, anyone?)

If you're running a seperate wideband.. it's usually mounted on the straight pipe (where the cat used to be).. since the ECU requires a narrowband... usually people leave the damn thing alone (unless you got those expensive a/f stuff that gives an output to the ecu)

My guess is.. that reading you got wasn't accurate.. or if you spliced the wire off the stock narrowband 02 sensor.. it probably whacked up the readings... both to your turbo timer, and to your ECU..

Then again.. I'm not the one looking at your engine.. have a mechanic take a look and let us know the results.

zamrioo2

Known Member
May 2, 2005
Enthusiast said:
wah...ur lawa lawa make alot of us Terasa WEi!!!
it's true kn...? hehe... joking la bro... so4 is similar to evo series... cool to jln2, hot to floor... :shades_smile:

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
WOT @ 10.xx,static compression 250psi n u still get 230km out of RM50 petrol?amazing ler...can i ask ur mechanic 2 do my car oso ar?hehehehhe

c00lric

500 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Enthusiast said:
using apex'i turbo timer...but shud be inaccurate.........yeah 250 quite high tats y im suspecting extractor and tuning........how bout clutch? if clutch tak makan then car will be sluggish too?
HI Bro,

Have u check the apexi TTimer manual? It did says there that the reading is not accurate as compare to those 02 wideband reader. Dont rely on the TTimer reading coz it only tells u whether ur car is running lean or rich. I've also attached a piece of excerpt frm the manual.

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
akuma said:
WOT @ 10.xx,static compression 250psi n u still get 230km out of RM50 petrol?amazing ler...can i ask ur mechanic 2 do my car oso ar?hehehehhe
akuma, i think its not static cr... its dynamic compression...
if static cr 250 how come... piston can go to mars maybe... kekkekeke

hattech-v

Over 10,000 RPM!
Oct 10, 2004
Seri Kembangan
www.avantech.com.my
c00lric said:
HI Bro,

Have u check the apexi TTimer manual? It did says there that the reading is not accurate as compare to those 02 wideband reader. Dont rely on the TTimer reading coz it only tells u whether ur car is running lean or rich. I've also attached a piece of excerpt frm the manual.
yes, agree with that... apexi tt reading is inaccurate...
btw, where did the timer get those a/f value? o2 sensor wire?

Enthusiast

500 RPM
Oct 10, 2005
i really have no idea bout that.....

anywayz.....bought the safc-II from my friend today.......and much to my surprise it's actually the special edition D1-imamura version!!! Wahahahha bugger comes with stand manual and box samore....rm400!!! omgwtfbbq valueness......

nywayz.....anybody know of a good workshop to install it and how much it would cost? also the cost of a dyno tune plz?