mods on Accord CF4

lidistick

Oct 23, 2005
aja said:
Y

As for the rear left power window motor, my friend got stock. RM500 .kekekeke. But it's for Euro R one, still can be used for CF4. FYI, the CF4 problematic power windows motor is due to the tiny plastic cable inside the motor, which is non-heat resistance. The cable won't last long if u always parked your car to direct sunlight, cause it tend to expand & later broke. Donno why Honda so stupid with this!!. As for Euro R, the cable was not made from the plastic. Do pm me if u really want it. BTW, FYI it's a best price already!!.
umm because the accord was only made for japan without the crazy 35+C temperatures of malaysia? :)

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Sato said:
Rear bumper with lights looks much better ma...hahahhaa...

I think...the car that lidistick got...was manufactured year after 98 or 99. Newer version of CF4 with some touch up la....

Mine 98' version...so...dun have rear bumper lights, no mud flap, no bodykits, no rear spoiler, no navigation system, no sunroof (optional la) hahaha..., no door visors !

Can't complaint much though....those juz exterior finishes.....

Oh yeah.....where to get K&N drop in filter ar ? I went to ask N1 racing...they said K&N didn't manufacture filter for CF4...ahhahaa.....my brain was thinking " YEAH RITE!!"

Currently using Monster Power Filter...althought sucking power is good....but...i dun think it filter the dirt very well lor.... still keep looking for K&N.....[/QUOTE]

Sato,

My opinion is, with proper timing and tuning..try to compare the throttle response of ori filter with the aftermarket ones (the one u are using). See the differences. But in case, if u still need the K&N square filter,'ll asked my friend later.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
jester said:
aja,

u sure or not that the cf4 ori stock filter is better than the k&n? btw where did you get the k&n filter? and how much did you pay? been looking high & low for that k&n replacement filter
sorry, forgot to tell u that the K&N one i'm testing is meant for euro R. Donno same size with CF4 or not. Actually, that K&N filter is belong to my fellow euro R member from S'pore. I've already passed back to him thru my friend yesterday. But if u really need to try it, maybe one when he come i'll asked him to bring along. Current ly he is uisng MUgen air box + filter inside his Euro R.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
lidistick said:
umm because the accord was only made for japan without the crazy 35+C temperatures of malaysia? :)
Yeah, maybe la kot. :biggrin: :frown:

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
Aug 13, 2004
Atlanta, GA
photobucket.com
Sato said:
See...that's the bumper i've been talking about....pics posted by lidistick.....rear bumper side got lights one.....

Is that the honda original bumper ? How come mine dun have ?

And y that car got mud flap ? Hehhehee...mine dun have wooo....

It's really great bargain there huh...NZ9k......i have to add another 0 behind the 9 la....to get the car.
The light is optional and can be fitted on any car if you like to install. There is another bigger one in Japan which is in rectangle shape about 3" x 5", red color and it's installed on the rear view of rear bumper. Works as a 3drs brake lights or parking light I assume.

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
Hikaru said:
The light is optional and can be fitted on any car if you like to install. There is another bigger one in Japan which is in rectangle shape about 3" x 5", red color and it's installed on the rear view of rear bumper. Works as a 3drs brake lights or parking light I assume.
i normally see that additional red light on the rear bumper on cars in UK. i think it's mandatory for cars in UK to have this. probably for safety when snow/fog.

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
aja said:
Yeah. Affirmative. Yesterday tested in my euro R. FYI, the Honda original OEM filter (square one) is much2 expensive than the K&N one. Don't why suddent power loss. Very noticable. Wheneever i pressed the pedal, it's looks like a lag there. No immidiate respons like stock filter. BTW, timing/tuning has been done earlier!!. BTW, it's a K&N filter in marron color. Made by K&N, cause got K&N logo there.

As for the rear left power window motor, my friend got stock. RM500 .kekekeke. But it's for Euro R one, still can be used for CF4. FYI, the CF4 problematic power windows motor is due to the tiny plastic cable inside the motor, which is non-heat resistance. The cable won't last long if u always parked your car to direct sunlight, cause it tend to expand & later broke. Donno why Honda so stupid with this!!. As for Euro R, the cable was not made from the plastic. Do pm me if u really want it. BTW, FYI it's a best price already!!.
aja

it's not the plastic cable. it's the plastic roller that winds and unwinds the cable that raises/lowers the window. mine broke because my son was playing with it like a toy. i think they changed the roller from plastic to metal in euro r.

btw, i'll pass on the rm500 power window motor. thanks anyway.

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
aja said:
sorry, forgot to tell u that the K&N one i'm testing is meant for euro R. Donno same size with CF4 or not. Actually, that K&N filter is belong to my fellow euro R member from S'pore. I've already passed back to him thru my friend yesterday. But if u really need to try it, maybe one when he come i'll asked him to bring along. Current ly he is uisng MUgen air box + filter inside his Euro R.
i see. actually i found a website in hong kong that sells k&n filters for cf4. here it is. http://kingsmart.com.hk/products/product_details.php?id=DNN-E131-00130

if you convert the price it'll be around rm312 which i think it's ok.

i'm using hks replacement filters which is the square green sponge. engine response and induction noise are very good but you know lah. have to throw after the sponge begin to koyak and have to buy a new one

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Exactly....K&N actually produced air filter for CF4. It's available in HK since nowaday u can see many CF4 on the road in HK.....it's juz a matter of how to get those filter...!

It won't worth buying if that product is halted in custom malaysia once arrived !

I found that original air filter for CF4 is not really good la....Monster filter felt more power lor. It's a drop in filter....using back the original filter box.

I did try 911 zentrum last time....a salesperson is really very helpful indeed. He ordered the K&N filter for me....upon delivery....the filter is not the correct size..hehehee...so ended up i dun want lor. That salesman also pissed off la....complaining honda produced many version of air filter size....have to check it real and accurate.

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
Sato said:
Exactly....K&N actually produced air filter for CF4. It's available in HK since nowaday u can see many CF4 on the road in HK.....it's juz a matter of how to get those filter...!

It won't worth buying if that product is halted in custom malaysia once arrived !

I found that original air filter for CF4 is not really good la....Monster filter felt more power lor. It's a drop in filter....using back the original filter box.

I did try 911 zentrum last time....a salesperson is really very helpful indeed. He ordered the K&N filter for me....upon delivery....the filter is not the correct size..hehehee...so ended up i dun want lor. That salesman also pissed off la....complaining honda produced many version of air filter size....have to check it real and accurate.
sato,

this monster filter, is it washable like the k&n or have to throw every 10,000km like the hks?

& from where did you get it from?

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
jester said:
aja

it's not the plastic cable. it's the plastic roller that winds and unwinds the cable that raises/lowers the window. mine broke because my son was playing with it like a toy. i think they changed the roller from plastic to metal in euro r.

btw, i'll pass on the rm500 power window motor. thanks anyway.

Yeah, i think that the one la, the plactic roller. So, u guys all should be more careful when using the power windows !!!

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
jester said:
sato,

this monster filter, is it washable like the k&n or have to throw every 10,000km like the hks?

& from where did you get it from?

Yes, washable...not like K&N material....more like HKS....but this one...double layer...have to apply oils.....but no need throw away like HKS....

Juz wash....clean......apply oil.....use again....

I asked a HK friend to get it for me..in hk...but now...he's in OZ......if not..will certainly ask him to get me K&N....

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
Sato said:
Yes, washable...not like K&N material....more like HKS....but this one...double layer...have to apply oils.....but no need throw away like HKS....

Juz wash....clean......apply oil.....use again....

I asked a HK friend to get it for me..in hk...but now...he's in OZ......if not..will certainly ask him to get me K&N....
i see. i thought you got the monster filter from a local shop.

how much did you pay for it?

wanna compare with the k&n

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
jester said:
i see. i thought you got the monster filter from a local shop.

how much did you pay for it?

wanna compare with the k&n
Sorry....forgot already...hahaha...have been using it for 2 years already ~

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
aja said:
Yeah, i think that the one la, the plactic roller. So, u guys all should be more careful when using the power windows !!!
waaa now this thread very long la.

anyway, my power window rear left did give me one problem once.

was on the way to balik kerja. it was hot so before starting the car i wound down all 4 windows then i got in. to my surprise i saw the rear left window still up. pushed the button a few times still no response.

then i just drove off. a few minutes later i tried and it worked.

Now I test all power window once a week.

teruk la honda like this. like proton lak

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
let's hope the worse doesn't happen..........

...........the gearbox

lidistick

Oct 23, 2005
aja said:
Yeah. Affirmative. Yesterday tested in my euro R. FYI, the Honda original OEM filter (square one) is much2 expensive than the K&N one. Don't why suddent power loss. Very noticable. Wheneever i pressed the pedal, it's looks like a lag there. No immidiate respons like stock filter. BTW, timing/tuning has been done earlier!!. BTW, it's a K&N filter in marron color. Made by K&N, cause got K&N logo there.
Alternatively, if you still have the original airbox, you can always get K&N OEM replacement panel filters which do a better job.

IMHO, get the intake, headers and exhaust sorted first and then get the car dyno tuned with VAFC 1 or 2 (doesn't really matter).

Like I said, I'm waiting for my Mugen headers to arrive and then get the car tuned with the VAFC. I'm hoping for at least 120hp at the wheels, if not more.

after the bolt-ons are done. time to do internals.. cams, cam gears, pistons, P&P etc.

I'm trying to source a 5sp MT for a conversion. incredibly difficult to locate. :mad:

also need to get my speed cut removed. Maybe the Apexi RSM. heh.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
lidistick said:
Alternatively, if you still have the original airbox, you can always get K&N OEM replacement panel filters which do a better job.

IMHO, get the intake, headers and exhaust sorted first and then get the car dyno tuned with VAFC 1 or 2 (doesn't really matter).

Like I said, I'm waiting for my Mugen headers to arrive and then get the car tuned with the VAFC. I'm hoping for at least 120hp at the wheels, if not more.

after the bolt-ons are done. time to do internals.. cams, cam gears, pistons, P&P etc.

I'm trying to source a 5sp MT for a conversion. incredibly difficult to locate. :mad:

also need to get my speed cut removed. Maybe the Apexi RSM. heh.
Lidi,
With my current H22A engine & MT, i still think that the original gave better throttle respons better than K&N OEM one. kekekeke. So now i just stick to the current one jer la.

Yeah, change the header or extractor would give u at least 3% throttle response better, not sure about bhp/torque increase. Currently i'm on testing og FGK extractors. Feel the car a bit lighter. As for mugen, those should be much better i guess.

F20B 5 speed manual really hard to get, unless u try to mod CD6 H22A manual gearbox into it. Donno can muat or not!!

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
jester said:

...........the gearbox
jester,

When the time come, let us eat 'sup gear-box' (gearbox soup)!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
jester said:

...........the gearbox
i was worried too last time when i got the car...then thought of getting gearbox oil cooler.....mocal make......but then....even several rows of oil cooler costs a bomb....then...i went like " what the heck...juz drive...." Until now.....still ok woo..hahaha

Iwas told that if wanna add oil cooler for gearbox.....u got to think if it does help the gearbox !? Run too cold will damage the gearbox too...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is there any hid that:
high beam = hid
low beam = normal yellow lamp?

usually hid that i saw at accessories shop sell
high beam normal yellow
low beam hid
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience