mods on Accord CF4

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
jester said:
yes, that's the one i want la. the power windor motor. i don't need the switches because they are still fine. since you've already sold them, it's ok lah

btw, do you have extra central locking for all doors?

What i've is inside the pic only, incluidng the central locking switch. Others don't have!!:biggrin:

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Jester,

Welcome to the CF4 problematic club....hahahah

I juz had my right side rear power window's motor changed. Ordered from Honda service centre...cost me RM1000+ shipped/air from japan. I've done some research from the web and found out that the power windows motor for CF4 is really problematic. So....fingers crossed for the other 3 motors ! Hahahaha...

As for the central locking system....mine also juz dead not long ago....few weeks back if not mistaken....sent to service centre...they said the central locking module is f*cked...hahahaha...so they can't do anything about it...but to change other alarm system that can trigger the door locks...now...my car still using keys to open the door locks !

And if u guys didn't checked the previous topics....CF4 in japan were recalled due to faulty inside door handle.....like the one aja shown ! It seems that the chrome metal handle will break and the coating will hurt hands......i had mine changed after talked to Honda Malaysia.....Free of course...hehehhee

lidistick

Oct 23, 2005
Hi guys.

Actually a Malaysian living in New Zealand. cars here are so cheap so I went and bought a Honda Accord SIR CF4. F20B(2) DOHC VTEC with 180ps.
Mods so far include
1) K&N Air filter and removal of resonator - awaiting the fabrication of my CAI
2) TRR twinloop Mugen copy exhaust.
3) Awaiting my Mugen 4-2-1 headers from a wrecked CL1 :D
4) Awaiting Tein coilovers to arrive from Japan.

Some pics when I first got the car.

Came with PIAA nakajima 16x7 alloys ;)

Fantastic car.
Cannot believe the prices you guys pay for cars back home. Pengsan. :o

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
lidistick said:
Hi guys.

Actually a Malaysian living in New Zealand. cars here are so cheap so I went and bought a Honda Accord SIR CF4. F20B(2) DOHC VTEC with 180ps.
Mods so far include

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~mlhs/Accord%20SIR/Accord%20SIR.jpg

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~mlhs/Accord%20SIR/F20B%20engine.jpg

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~mlhs/Accord%20SIR/sjde.jpg

Fantastic car.

How much NZ dollar your CF4 cost?. how much?. Current exchange rate was NZ1 = RM2.65 (moreless)

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
Guys,

i still got Euro R doors trim. Selling cheap2. Whonever interested, do pm me. Thanks

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
lidistick said:
I paid NZD9K :eek:
kekekeke. That will cost around RM24k jer, without prior tax in/out. Hemmm... that price mostly equal to 1998 kancil 650c here!!:biggrin: . Can buy 4 units one row!!!

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
BTW, i've tested a K&N filter before, just same size as OEM one. for me, original CF4 air filter still the best!! Feel power loss when testing using the K&N filter!1

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
lidistick said:
Hi guys.

Mods so far include

Fantastic car.
bro lidistick,

did you buy the car 2nd hand or brand new? cos it looks brand spanking new dude! almost a virgin :biggrin:

anyway, nice color. cf4s always look good in that color :rock:

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
aja said:
BTW, i've tested a K&N filter before, just same size as OEM one. for me, original CF4 air filter still the best!! Feel power loss when testing using the K&N filter!1
aja,

u sure or not that the cf4 ori stock filter is better than the k&n? btw where did you get the k&n filter? and how much did you pay? been looking high & low for that k&n replacement filter

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
aja said:
kekekeke. That will cost around RM24k jer, without prior tax in/out. Hemmm... that price mostly equal to 1998 kancil 650c here!!:biggrin: . Can buy 4 units one row!!!
of course la car prices in nz is cheaper because they don't have their local car to protect unlike here. thanks to proton, average malaysians can only afford to buy it's brand only. :thumpdown

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
See...that's the bumper i've been talking about....pics posted by lidistick.....rear bumper side got lights one.....

Is that the honda original bumper ? How come mine dun have ?

And y that car got mud flap ? Hehhehee...mine dun have wooo....

It's really great bargain there huh...NZ9k......i have to add another 0 behind the 9 la....to get the car.

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
Sato said:
See...that's the bumper i've been talking about....pics posted by lidistick.....rear bumper side got lights one.....

It's really great bargain there huh...NZ9k......i have to add another 0 behind the 9 la....to get the car.
relax la sato. i think almost all cf4 here don't have that rear bumper side lights la so don't worry :rock:

the mudflap is standard on cf4 but not on cl1 because of the rear lower lip. if you rear bumper has a euro r rear lip, then it should not have the mudflaps.

Sato

2,000 RPM
Jul 28, 2004
Rear bumper with lights looks much better ma...hahahhaa...

I think...the car that lidistick got...was manufactured year after 98 or 99. Newer version of CF4 with some touch up la....

Mine 98' version...so...dun have rear bumper lights, no mud flap, no bodykits, no rear spoiler, no navigation system, no sunroof (optional la) hahaha..., no door visors !

Can't complaint much though....those juz exterior finishes.....

Oh yeah.....where to get K&N drop in filter ar ? I went to ask N1 racing...they said K&N didn't manufacture filter for CF4...ahhahaa.....my brain was thinking " YEAH RITE!!"

Currently using Monster Power Filter...althought sucking power is good....but...i dun think it filter the dirt very well lor.... still keep looking for K&N.....

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
Sato said:
Rear bumper with lights looks much better ma...hahahhaa...

I think...the car that lidistick got...was manufactured year after 98 or 99. Newer version of CF4 with some touch up la....

Mine 98' version...so...dun have rear bumper lights, no mud flap, no bodykits, no rear spoiler, no navigation system, no sunroof (optional la) hahaha..., no door visors !

Can't complaint much though....those juz exterior finishes.....

Oh yeah.....where to get K&N drop in filter ar ? I went to ask N1 racing...they said K&N didn't manufacture filter for CF4...ahhahaa.....my brain was thinking " YEAH RITE!!"

Currently using Monster Power Filter...althought sucking power is good....but...i dun think it filter the dirt very well lor.... still keep looking for K&N.....
i prefer to use k&n replacement filter because i want to you the ori airbox.

n1 don't have so does speedworks which is one of the largest distributer of k&n products.

maybe we have to order direct from http://www.knfilters.com/ :biggrin:

lidistick

Oct 23, 2005
Sato said:

those are extra options from japan. i bought mine 2nd hand.

BTW, petrol here is $1.55 a litre. each full tank is about $80!!! RM200!!! :eek: :mad:

lidistick

Oct 23, 2005
Sato said:
mine is actually a 97 model :)

Acutually K&N didn't. I got my mechanic to fabricate the aluminium piping from the filter to the throttle body/intake manifold. any pod filter will do. doesn't have to be branded. It will be better than the OEM. (but you have to remove the intake resonator)

yeah the car is mint. the paintwork is in awesome condition. some scratches and scrapes. but I need to lower the car. Cant wait for the Teins and mugens to arrive :)

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
jester said:
aja,

u sure or not that the cf4 ori stock filter is better than the k&n? btw where did you get the k&n filter? and how much did you pay? been looking high & low for that k&n replacement filter
Yeah. Affirmative. Yesterday tested in my euro R. FYI, the Honda original OEM filter (square one) is much2 expensive than the K&N one. Don't why suddent power loss. Very noticable. Wheneever i pressed the pedal, it's looks like a lag there. No immidiate respons like stock filter. BTW, timing/tuning has been done earlier!!. BTW, it's a K&N filter in marron color. Made by K&N, cause got K&N logo there.

As for the rear left power window motor, my friend got stock. RM500 .kekekeke. But it's for Euro R one, still can be used for CF4. FYI, the CF4 problematic power windows motor is due to the tiny plastic cable inside the motor, which is non-heat resistance. The cable won't last long if u always parked your car to direct sunlight, cause it tend to expand & later broke. Donno why Honda so stupid with this!!. As for Euro R, the cable was not made from the plastic. Do pm me if u really want it. BTW, FYI it's a best price already!!.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
lidistick said:
those are extra options from japan. i bought mine 2nd hand.

BTW, petrol here is $1.55 a litre. each full tank is about $80!!! RM200!!! :eek: :mad:
peerggh, luckily we are now in M'sia!!.:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, it is the time for my Wira 1.5 to change the timing belt. A mechanic ask for RM270 with the replacement of :
a) Mitsubishi original timing belt (RM90)
b) two oil seal
c) one bearing
d) water pump
e) workmanship

May I know whether this price is reasonable or not?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience