mods on Accord CF4

aja said:
jester,

When the time come, let us eat 'sup gear-box' (gearbox soup)!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

can! can!

as long as it's not sup torpedo sudah la :biggrin:

Sato said:
i was worried too last time when i got the car...then thought of getting gearbox oil cooler.....mocal make......but then....even several rows of oil cooler costs a bomb....then...i went like " what the heck...juz drive...." Until now.....still ok woo..hahaha

Iwas told that if wanna add oil cooler for gearbox.....u got to think if it does help the gearbox !? Run too cold will damage the gearbox too...

just do regular flush of the gb bro

jester said:
just do regular flush of the gb bro

Better change to manual la, try to mod gearbox from H22A. Donno can fit or not.

Actually, for Japanese make, the most tahan gearbox is Toyota/Daihatsu. Other makes like Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru etc or even BMW auto gearbox not soo durable. For instant, my Charade Detomaso, currently milleage clocked around 120k++ km..the auto gearbox still intact!. Still can speed up to 180kmh!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

aja said:

Actually, for Japanese make, the most tahan gearbox is Toyota/Daihatsu. Other makes like Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru etc or even BMW auto gearbox not soo durable. For instant, my Charade Detomaso, currently milleage clocked around 120k++ km..the auto gearbox still intact!. Still can speed up to 180kmh!!:biggrin: :biggrin:

180km/h... the speed limit of my CF4... cannot go faster :(

aja said:

actually i saw 1 h23a dohc vtec engine in one chopshop in subang 2 months ago. sure monstrous torque punye :rock:

amdfaisal said:
I thot H23 DOHC non VTEC only.

H23A is accord CF6 engine rite ? Wagon that comes with performance engine...if not mistaken !

Sure got dohc Vtec ~

jester said:
actually i saw 1 h23a dohc vtec engine in one chopshop in subang 2 months ago. sure monstrous torque punye :rock:

H23A is on CF wagon, carrying chasis CH9. Rated 200ps, with better torque,of course. This CH9 wagon chasis is good for going to morning market...beli ikan etc, cause can put a lot of things inside!!:biggrin: . Blue cover engine with tiptronic gearbox.

Last time, in S. Alam got one SV4 with H23A inside. Pink color SV4, belongs to my friend's mechanic in Section 26 there. Very tidious mod i think..but they managed to do it clean and tidy. Got JPJ approve somemore. the only thing can't be fitted is the EPS system. BTW, it's already be modded, of course! (as what i've been told)

Performancewise, donno in actual facts and real time..but one of my friend with Charade Auro GT 1.3 Turbo already lost to this SV4 during traffic-light sprint at Sect. 26 there, one those day.

So, for me no comment!!

aja said:
F20B 5 speed manual really hard to get, unless u try to mod CD6 H22A manual gearbox into it. Donno can muat or not!!

The H22A gearbox will fit. the only issue is that I lose the LSD on the SIR-T. and the ratios on the SIR-T are closer and more aggressive than the CD6 H22A.

the next gearbox to look for is actually the CL1 Euro R with fantastic ratios and a very good LSD. Again. So rare. :(

Sato said:
H23A is accord CF6 engine rite ? Wagon that comes with performance engine...if not mistaken !

Sure got dohc Vtec ~

It's CH9 with DOHC Vtec blue cover engine inside. FYI, the meter panel also nice. If i'm not mistaken it comes with white color + italic numberings.

It comes with 5 lugs wheel bearings, same as Euro R.

lidistick said:
The H22A gearbox will fit. the only issue is that I lose the LSD on the SIR-T. and the ratios on the SIR-T are closer and more aggressive than the CD6 H22A.

the next gearbox to look for is actually the CL1 Euro R with fantastic ratios and a very good LSD. Again. So rare. :(

Euro R manual gearbox is damn hard to find & pricey (carrying code T2W4) and the stock ratio actually not that fantastic la. FYI, the ratio for this year 2000 2.2cc CL1 is moreless the ratio for 1997 1.6cc Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec only (Second Gen Mivec..CK4A). The only different is the 5th gear, whereby at stock standard CL1 5th gear could drag to the speed of 259kmh @7800rpm, as stated by Honda. 5th gear for Mivec CK4A/CJ4A would last around 237kmh @ 73++ rpm. FYI also, 5th gear CL1 speed around 236kmh, rpm stood around 73++ rpm also. Standard readline for CL1 is 78++rpm (sometime 80++rpm) and for Mivec CK is 83++rpm.

So, for me..driving CL1 don't gave much different from driving my previous old Lancer CK!.
Sometimes i wonder why this happened, cause comparing Honda 2.2cc with Mitsubishi 1.6cc ...by right this 2.2cc should gave us more!!

H22A CD6 manual originally don't have LSD. If u want to use it, so have to buy after market one. Apprently for non Type R engine, only non-helical LSD are available. FYI, only Honda Type R engine comes with Helical LSD. So, it won't give too much power constrains to your wheel.

As for the gear ratio, that one can always adjust one. no need to worry!!.

Last edited:
aja said:
Euro R manual gearbox is damn hard to find & pricey (carrying code T2W4) and the stock ratio actually not that fantastic la. FYI, the ratio for this year 2000 2.2cc CL1 is moreless the ratio for 1997 1.6cc Mitsubishi Lancer Mivec only (Second Gen Mivec..CK4A). The only different is the 5th gear, whereby at stock standard CL1 5th gear could drag to the speed of 259kmh @7800rpm, as stated by Honda. 5th gear for Mivec CK4A/CJ4A would last around 237kmh @ 73++ rpm. FYI also, 5th gear CL1 speed around 236kmh, rpm stood around 73++ rpm also. Standard readline for CL1 is 78++rpm (sometime 80++rpm) and for Mivec CK is 83++rpm.

So, for me..driving CL1 don't gave much different from driving my previous old Lancer CK!.
Sometimes i wonder why this happened, cause comparing Honda 2.2cc with Mitsubishi 1.6cc ...by right this 2.2cc should gave us more!!

H22A CD6 manual originally don't have LSD. If u want to use it, so have to buy after market one. Apprently for non Type R engine, only non-helical LSD are available. FYI, only Honda Type R engine comes with Helical LSD. So, it won't give too much power constrains to your wheel.

As for the gear ratio, that one can always adjust one. no need to worry!!.

alternatively, just tarbo charge it la :biggrin:

jester said:
alternatively, just tarbo charge it la :biggrin:

kekekekeke. Turbo-charged need some $$$ also. Just drive whatever have la. More than enough already.

Anyway, the server down again arrh.?

jester said:
aja, what's the color of your car? white? or red?

Silver..My favorite color. Car so dirty also people don't notice!!. kekekeke

aja said:
It's CH9 with DOHC Vtec blue cover engine inside. FYI, the meter panel also nice. If i'm not mistaken it comes with white color + italic numberings.

It comes with 5 lugs wheel bearings, same as Euro R.

eh aja... i'm planning to convert to 5 lugs after this (tukar cermin, cat kete dll). ngam or not if i install this CH9 py axle. cheaper than euro R or more expensive??

jester said:

jester,

just want to know where this shop la. maybe want to take a look at the axle... 5 lugs :)

amdfaisal said:
eh aja... i'm planning to convert to 5 lugs after this (tukar cermin, cat kete dll). ngam or not if i install this CH9 py axle. cheaper than euro R or more expensive??

Estimate costing (useback current disk + full set braking caliper + axles etc) :-

1. 4 pcs CH9 5 lugs bearings (RM150/pc) RM600
2. Labor cost, to drill current disk to 5 hole(RM30/pc) RM120
3. Other labor (installation) RM50
Total RM770

If u can get the CH9 full sets axle including the 5 lugs disk, the wheel bearings, brake calipers total sets all etc , better. No need to drill the disk. Should be plug and play. Pricewise, should be more expensive la. Donno the price. Have to ask the kedai.

As for buying Euro R sets itself, hmmmm... quite hard to get. Price?. Won't be that cheap. Normally it will come with halfcut one!!

amdfaisal said:
jester,

just want to know where this shop la. maybe want to take a look at the axle... 5 lugs :)

Ajak me also. then can view those items!!

amdfaisal said:

Should be ngam. All Type R 5 lugs bearings almost the same. The axles shuld be different la.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom