Looking For Seat To Drive In MME2006

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
first of all, im not angry, im annoyed or in fact abit amused by ur bias comment, if i dint recall wrongly.. ur just being bitter becoz u were once rejected by honda msia team for some position

another thing, im talking abt driving skill rather than modification, but guess u cant get my point, let me explain once more, a car with a higher level of modification driven by say Jimmy Low or Eric Yeo are only slightly quicker than our integra cars who relatively are pretty standard.. our drivers not as good? give it a thought before u even comment

cartoon

500 RPM
Sep 7, 2005
KevinGarage.com
www.kevingarage.com
GT3 " sorry b'cause I don't know your name ^_^! " you are one of the organizer right? Can you organizer a event about searching a new driver or star driver? some thing like "america idol" or like Bestmotoring "Top-gan"

First, Pro driver tech the basic of racing skill to other driver, then drive their ownd car(any) and run a time attack see which driver can do the better lap time.

Then Pro driver use the car of the other driver make a lap time, then see the driver can make the same lap time or not. If yes, a new pro driver born. If no, see you in next round, How you think this idea?

You have see the message that I have post, I'm really happy. And also you know I been reject from Honda racing team for some reason. Then you know what I'm thinking right ? ^_^ All I want to say is........give a chance to other driver ^_^

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Whoa Whoa.....cool it guys.
Cartoon.....
Welcome to the real world......This is normal. It doesnt matter if those drivers in the Integra cup race are good or not. What is most important is they have the $$$ to buy the cars and get the cars running for the series. It doesnt matter coz their daddy's can afford to buy them the cars and run the teams for the whole season.
U tell me who has a few hundred k's and I mean Rm 200k to Rm300k to run a year's race? If they can come up with that kind of money....what dont they sponsor their own ppl or children.
No point arguing friend. This is the real world. Im running my own car in MSS with my own money and some small sponsors from friends and friend's workshops. The good part is with this limited amount of budget, support and sponsors, and I can still be competitive among the bigger and well organised team cars.....it offers me some form of consolation.
Right now, Im just be thankful that i can race. Remember....even our national Rally Ace Karamjit Singh cannot get sponsors to defend his APRC tittle.
This is the irony of Malaysian motorsports. Who asked u not to be born with a silver spoon?

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
hi guys,

I believe that some of the Cup car owners race the series with sponsor money.. There are some that really can perform to get sponsor but of course some that had proper connection to get sponsors to run their cars..

Sponsorship nowadays are hard to come by.. Very hard... Why?? did anyone ask this question before?? I had been a sponsor for race team or event, and now myself racing and i look for sponsor now.. I felt that in the earlier days, too many drivers and teams had taken the Sponsors money for a joy ride. Not fulfilling what they had promise and not doing what a team/driver should be doing for its valued sponsor.. It is a pity here.. Because of a bunch of these bad apples, we are now all having a hard time to look for sponsors for our racing team/career... hai.. :(

So, an advice for new drivers and up and coming drivers, you guys can't expect someone or company to just give you a FREE ride just because you may be the fastest newbie... Its a very much more hardwork you may think!! It is a whole complete package that sponsors are looking for now and we all racers have to work really hard to shine in all areas to impress and get sponsors coming in..

just my 2 cents...

chris2000

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
Tomei,

Hi, i was at the MSS event last weekend too... Which car number you driving?? Next time we can meet for chat or yum cha in SIC then.. :)

cartoon

500 RPM
Sep 7, 2005
KevinGarage.com
www.kevingarage.com
Chris2000, that is why I suggest make a event something like "america idol", searching for new driver, skill prove and sponsor will come.

Sorry GT3, I apologize to you, please forgive me... ^_^

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
cartoon,

well truth to be told we at JPM are trying to make racing cheaper hence we introduce the integra cup.. the aim is simple actually.. with the same spec of cars u cant spend much on modifiying the car hence save cost.. plus it is a very reliable car so unless u have a driver mistake n blow the engine or whatever parts u can race the car whole season

moreover we did have ur idea before this event even started but frankly its easier said than done.. we are still trying though in case u wonder

ah another thing, if we do get support from the relevant parties we are looking to introduce an entry level for new drivers who has a relatively tighter budget.. again that depends on the support we can get

chris,

u hit the bull's eye.. being the organiser itself i could not agree with u more on why sponsorships are hard to get.. we have been approaching many potential sponsors but many of them are not able to see the value of sponsoring an event.. and to be fair to them i can understand their point of view, first of all so what if u put their stickers on ur racing cars.. who will see it in the first place? its not like the racing scene in msia are covered by tv live..

thats why believe it or not we have been doing our best for our sponsors (and to some extend our drivers' sponsors) to get press coverage, tv coverage and so on.. i admit however the exposure is still far from ideal but at the same time im certain its is relatively better than b4

so as an conclusion, racing require money (and alot of it frankly) and aside from support from family and frens sponsorship is crucial.. to get them to sponsor well give them something worth it in return becoz then only a long term relationship will be developed

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
in malaysia racing scene, you need to have a good PR and connection to approach sponsors.

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
Also lack of coverage from print media deters companies from sponsoring driver's teams or events.

Local newspapers only give coverage to MME, Formula 1, SuperGT and MotoGP. others, like Mss get next to nothing in terms of exposure.

So companies that are potential sponsors rather spend their money during these times. Max exposure.

And Chris is right, too many of previous race drivers and team were unprofessional in their treatment of their sponsors.

The irony is before Formula One came to town there were more money for local racers. Now the focus for sponsors are mainly for F1 weekend in March.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
faisal said:
Also lack of coverage from print media deters companies from sponsoring driver's teams or events.

Local newspapers only give coverage to MME, Formula 1, SuperGT and MotoGP. others, like Mss get next to nothing in terms of exposure.

And Chris is right, too many of previous race drivers and team were unprofessional in their treatment of their sponsors.
bros,

i agree with you guys about exposure on MSS. the only thing we got is a small 3 inch by 2 inch coverage with no photos on the newspaper section, zilch on TVs.

But, look at cub prix...man...even their spectators can fill up the grandstand, TV3 gives coverage, the event is actually happening...and they have support from petronas. MSS? can see cleaning lady nia... :P

even drag races also the spectators outnumber the ones in MSS.

Something must be done la...this one SIC PR/Press/Media Dept must do something lah...i remember during 2003-2004 when MSS was at its infancy there's quite a number of spectators one...there the time when we used to held races at the south track...and got proton carnival somore with 1.6/1.8 and gti class.

SiGH....

And i know one team last time got sponsor money to supposedly buy tyres...went and used up the money to buy halfcut and pasang into his personal car...tyres used back old one...Triple SigH....then tell sponsor engine kondem need more money... ahahahahhaa..

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
Well guys,

If you guys notice or whom been participating in the MSS Rd. 4 last weekend,

They still putted the wrong name of mine Which is car no 55 Richard Phong.

Richard competed in round 1 and 2 during the MSS.

But now round 4 they still have Richard's name there.... it was suprising.SIC officials din't realised car no 55 was driven by me!

And the most funny thing is....

On every single piece of the result's paper.... no matter Qualifying, Race 1 or Race 2 result sheet, Still stated there Malaysian Super Series Round 3<--- Round 3????

i Don't know are they doing it purposely or they just don't care about these MSS event anymore.......

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Kerajaan negeri selangor please built another medium sized circuit + drift track somewhere outside KL/PJ for gawd sake!

Thats why u see legal racing scene in klang valley declining due to lack of advertisement and promotion by SIC. They dont even have night CCT like in BT3! At least we visited BT3 almost every weekend without checking thru their website for trackday schedule (i dont think BT3 even have any website at that time).

Missed those days when seeing satria LYDIA, "EK biru hantu" and putra MATSPEED dominated the Sat Night CCT in podium place.

MitonCT26

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Seremban
cos we know every first saturday...sure got track day no matter come rain or shine. then tomorrow sure got free running. LoL.....

damn i missed BT3

Faisal : er...did i miss anything in my post?

faisal

1,500 RPM
Oct 20, 2004
The Valley
ignition.my
No la, just pointing out the Proton Track Carnival had a big turn out because of Proton & R3's marketing effort.

SIC's marketing and promo effort seems more focused for the big races..

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

bought satria 2002, fuel injected, from 2nd hand car owner. I plan to go outstation to cameron from KL soon, so i need a fulls service to the car. I dunno much about car as this is my first car. What i did was i filled up the battery with battery water. I check the radiator water level it seems to contain some greenish stuff which i believe is coolant, it is attaching to the yellow metal cap which says do not open while its hot.

i do not plan to go to Authorised Servis Center mainly...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience