Looking For Seat To Drive In MME2006

cartoon

500 RPM
Sep 7, 2005
KevinGarage.com
www.kevingarage.com
To all Pro driver, I'm new in motorsport world, so to all senior, can you teach me how to start? B'cause I (or may be "we") don't have much money like the others, so to start this business is very hard, any suggestion to a newcomer ?

sabelt

500 RPM
Dec 7, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
cartoon said:
To all Pro driver, I'm new in motorsport world, so to all senior, can you teach me how to start? B'cause I (or may be "we") don't have much money like the others, so to start this business is very hard, any suggestion to a newcomer ?
Yeah. Start a new thread, shout to get a free seat for racing, hoping to receive sponsor for free and expect them to chase you. Just wait and pray just like someone did in this forum. :_:

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
Hie there DC5_kate,

Are you the team which using the yellow Integra DC5 during the Malaysian Super Series Rd 4 in the Super Saloon Class?? Of course i'm interested driving for your team for the up coming events but the most important thing is... once your team's car is ready , arrange a sunday drive , let me have a go on the car and sees am i fit enough for your team member. Please do Contact Jacky if you need more information about my racing progress.

Actually i'm at the MME that nite also in JC Racing's Pit helping out, maybe we did bump each other just don't know who we are...hehehe...

Keep In touch,

Akina Teo

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
Hie there Cartoon,

For the first step to get involved in the industry, u need to have at least a liitle bit of cash. Depends on what kind of event you want to be into. Drag, Drift , Rally or circuit racing.

To share my experience, how i get started in circuit racing, i shared up very little amount of money with a friend to buy a proton track car which cost us Rm2500 each. My fisrt track car was a proton satria 1.6cc. Then drive it to the track for sunday track day , Maybe Sepang Circuit ,practise as hard as posibble, try to get a record time and try to make it consistent.

After a few practise , get the AAM license and register to the local event, (but for nowdays only events for Proton cars is Johor Circuit), try to race with the pros and the regulars track drivers. Get experience and learn to race while racing, because during racing need alot of sudden ideas on how or where to overtake and to trick the other drivers to get into the front. Not just race like a crazy guy.... hehehe..

Play more simulation games such as gran turismo because it do really help. Or i can reconmend Battle Gear 3 which is available in Mid Valley Entertainment that cost you Rm1 a game. I used to played there to keep myselkf into shape also... maybe it sounds kinda of funny but there is really where i learned also.

After a few exposure and experience in the National racing scene, try to get some sponsors. try on for some smaller type of sponsors, normally they will support on kinds or goods. It will be good no matter what they sponsor as long as they can fit into our race cars. I have an experience which a sponsor told me they would glad to only sponsor those new racers which haven't make any big name in the Local Racing Scene, because they want the newbies to win with their product. Their explaination is if they sponsors famous drivers, even after they win the event , normally people outside will still saying the race car win because of who's driving it not what product the car using. They have their point also.

After a few winnings or good proven track records, then we start to aim for much more bigger sponsors. And all these will have to take alot of sacrifice and time to achieve it. It not easy, but if we have the passion, just do it. don't give up so easily. Normally at these time you will enjoy alot of critics.

Along the way, critics and supports are from everywhere. Nothing is easy in our life. Just accept whatever we receive along the way. Future is in our own hands not other people.

We decide our own future and the way we wanted to go . And not other people to tell us where or what we should go. Because we don't belong to them.
Human is selfish. Whatever they think they can't do , they will tell the world it will never happens. But for me , i love critics very much, alot of things people said i can't do this and do that, i take it as a challenge and prove it that i can do( People said me Kiasu) . If we failed, we tried. If we succeed , is good for our own.

With all the critics it will be a kind of motivation to us to do more better and never lose to the people who talks only. That's why i am a guy who always accept critics.

When i started racing, people judge me from my look and my body shape. Most of them laugh at me saying i can't race because they tought i was a nerd. Even until today when i'm standing in Sepang Circuit for an event, people who don't know me they still tought i a nerd from nowhere until the race head to head with me.

so... cartoon my friend, if you really have the blood in motorsports,start somewer, select and type of motorsports you wan to be involve in.Such as...
Autocross, Karting, Rallying, Drifting, or Circuit Racing.

Peace bro,
Akina Teo

Note: Without the critics from those days until today, i will never have achievement of today and there will be no Akina Teo. Thanks to those who critic me.

akinateo

Known Member
Aug 20, 2005
kuala lumpur
nismo502 said:
Akina.
now, assuming i have a race team. 3 drivers. 2 paying for their seat and i m looking for a 3rd driver. Do you think i will pick you if I know that you went around saying how others have it easier than you and they are not neccessary better drivers than you? You will not be perceived as a team player.
This online begging for a drive thingy is not working for you. You offend more people along the way. My sincere advice, shut up, work harder with your PR. If it is not working, work harder in your 9-5job and pay for your own drive.
On another note, there are really a lot of better drivers out there than you. My 2cents opinion.

hie there Mr Nismo,

regarding your 2cents opinion note, i raise 2 hands up totally 100% agreed on what you mention there are really alot of better drivers out there than me. As a chinese word always says, " theres always a mountain higher than a another mountain "

And a champion is born everyday. Who knows who is, not until we race with them.

Peace Bro.

Akina Teo

GT3

Known Member
Mar 8, 2005
KL
Visit site
akinateo said:
current integra one make star....Sharjihan Ghouse...damn good driver but finding difficulties to get sponsors...
current Integra one make leader.. Ferhan..very good driver and he got alot of big sponsors.......because of?........

Hi, while i do not wish to comment on any of the related topic u created i just wanted to clear out some facts

Sharjihan or better known as Munir, is a fully sponsored driver from Wald in the integra cup. I do however grant u that he might be having problem in getting sponsors for his super saloon challenge but then again I am not sure as I did not speak to him regarding that

Also its Firhat that is leading the championship and not Ferhan (who incidently is another driver in the championship), before I got flamed for being bias (as some might know he is my team mate for MME for years) he is a better driver than I ever known, which is proved during the super gt weekend where he beat everyone by at least a second and that includes certain well known drivers in the region (of coz i was beaten as well, and hats off to him, he was untouchable that weekend)

oh ya before i forget he is also one of the fully sponsored driver like Munir

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Lai quoted me rm1430 for complete 3" non-stainless piping. this includes downpipe + resonator + midpipe + centerbox + endpipe. all Mandrel-bent joints. NO muffler.

wanna ask the more experienced members out there, is the price reasonable? if so, i would go get it done next month. thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience