Looking for nissan skyline gtr34 around rm 160k

Status
Not open for further replies.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Add me on Facebook lah: Razlan Radzi
Profile picture like Malay Edward Norton one.

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
maybe owner put it in valet mode...restricts engine revs n speed...but depending on his security system

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
maybe owner put it in valet mode...restricts engine revs n speed...but depending on his security system
Nice, thinking outside of the box. Certainly helps when troubleshooting. IMHO, valet mode would stop the car revving above a certain RPM when driving (eg: maximum 3000rpm). It would not make the car idle any less than the 950rpm or so that GTRs are supposed to idle at. Definitely not 500rpm, that's not normal at all.

EvolutionZ - did you check to make sure all intercooler, intake piping is tight? Where is this car located? I can come along, live up to my busybody status :confused:

Last edited:

frootloops

Known Member
May 28, 2009
i dont mind coming along too...heheh...500rpm is just abnormal...the car must be shaking like mad...since you say it has haltech i'm sure it's properly tuned or at least tuned

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i dont mind coming along too...heheh...500rpm is just abnormal...the car must be shaking like mad...since you say it has haltech i'm sure it's properly tuned or at least tuned
I'd say since it has Haltech and runs like that, properly tuned is the last thing this car is LOL

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
yup...according to the person who looking after the factory - the car is not used for a month or so. was wandering what went wrong....location at sri damansara....let me arrange again cos me n my friend went there twice....dunno they still let us in or not.

or maybe it has some problem thats why selling.

like that what u advice bro....:adore:
I wouldn't advice anything I have no idea about bro. I wouldn't call this something that could be realistically diagnosed online. If you're friend truly is serious about the car besides the idling problem then it would be wise to get it checked out by mechanic of your choice, either by tow truck or with owner's cooperation. Obviously cost for inspection would be at your expense. That's how I bought my GTR, pre-inspection, dyno etc.

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
hi, a friend of mine brought me along to view a GTR Vspec. the car comes with haltech ecu. after slow talk with the owner, he allowed us to test the car. there is a few things i need to check with all Skyline Sifu here....since my friend not familiar with it.....i busy body wanna know the problem we faced.

1) the car idling was low - after crank, it idle around 500rpm or lower then once on air cond, it went a bit lower then when engage gear and releasing clutch, the engine dies off - we repeated again and again - also same thing. then we off the air cond and drive it out.

2) the engine wont accelerate, the max it goes is less than 3000rpm and the blow off is very soft.....i guess its in "safe mode"....but not very sure.

then the car wont go above 60km/h. ...and the side mirror also wont retract....

can the sifus here advise - how much the cost for the side mirror and is it the safe mode or anything wrong with the gearbox or engine...

thanks in advance....
Hmmm, at the moment there's several nice gtr34s and even converted gtt34s on the market.

If I was in the market for one, I'd probably just give this car a miss. It's probably not worth looking at again, since the seller should have sorted out very fundamental problems like not idling properly and not being able to boost.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Hmmm, at the moment there's several nice gtr34s and even converted gtt34s on the market.

If I was in the market for one, I'd probably just give this car a miss. It's probably not worth looking at again, since the seller should have sorted out very fundamental problems like not idling properly and not being able to boost.
I have to agree. Currently, a GTR34 buyer would be spoilt for choice compared to even a month or two ago.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
yup..agree...will inform him. now searching in mudah..saw a few.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
yup..agree...will inform him. now searching in mudah..saw a few.
My nephew's '99 R34 GTR V-Spec is currently for sale. Its advertised at RM165k on Mudah, however as with all sales there is room for negotiation since the loan is probably harder to obtain for some.

Mileage on the car is 106,000km however the engine was rebuilt in January 2011 using an N1 block, Tomei oil pump, Tomei sump baffle and if I'm not mistaken N1 water pump. Otherwise, the engine is totally stock and fresh.

Suspension has been upgraded to TEIN HA and the clutch is an easy to drive Exedy single plate. Air flows in through twin HKS filters and out through an ARC titanium catback exhaust.

Inside the interior is spotless and clean with no tears or stains on the seats, dash or carpets. The only additions are in the form of a turbo timer and an Apexi RSM.

There are no real problems with the car to be honest. Initially, there was a misfiring problem which was easily rectified since the wrong plugs were used. The suspension could use servicing being a wear and tear item however at this point its only noisy at times and does not affect handling.

The MFD screen is showing signs of needing replacement but the display can still be seen but its not clear. However, all sensors for the MFD are fully functional.

Whoever buys the car is really getting an R34 GTR which has not been thrashed and everything feels well put together. You get that 'tight' feeling as the handling is still sharp and the gear shifts are nice and smooth. I personally believe its the best in KL at the moment for someone looking to start a project build since its the most stock and pristine platform around.

But don't take my word for it, give Sean a call and view the car first. Then go and check out all other GTRs in KL to compare. The only thing working against this car is the age unless you're paying cash.

Have fun searching and if anyone wants someone to tag along to view other GTRs then I'd be happy to come and check it out with them. Anything for Skylines I guess :)

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
when u say it is rebuilt using N1 block, do you mean the original block was swapped with another?...hence need to register new engine block cause the engine number now different?....

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
when u say it is rebuilt using N1 block, do you mean the original block was swapped with another?...hence need to register new engine block cause the engine number now different?....
Ive just registered a different block and procedure is so easy. Only cost RM60.

N1 block costs well over RM10,000 new from Nissan and now is very difficult to source.

:burnout:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Ive just registered a different block and procedure is so easy. Only cost RM60.

N1 block costs well over RM10,000 new from Nissan and now is very difficult to source.

:burnout:
change engine block (same CC & same make) need to do 10 point inspection or not? some say need, some say don't need.

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
change engine block (same CC & same make) need to do 10 point inspection or not? some say need, some say don't need.
My one I changed engine block (different CC & same make). I think Puspakom did 10 point inspection anyway (RM35). Then need previous inspection report (RM25).

Give copy inspection to insurance company to update system.

Then just go to JPJ to endorse new registration card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Saturday morning was the finals for the Shell Helix Ferrari World Challenge. The finals was held at the theme park in Berjaya Times Square, and participants had to compete in eight challenges that including a food tasting test, rollercoaster ride, memory recall, treasure hunt and more. Each challenge worked in a point system format, and participants competed...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience