Status
Not open for further replies.

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
[PIMPIN];1063647322 said:
My nephew's '99 R34 GTR V-Spec is currently for sale. Its advertised at RM165k on Mudah, however as with all sales there is room for negotiation since the loan is probably harder to obtain for some.

Mileage on the car is 106,000km however the engine was rebuilt in January 2011 using an N1 block, Tomei oil pump, Tomei sump baffle and if I'm not mistaken N1 water pump. Otherwise, the engine is totally stock and fresh.

Suspension has been upgraded to TEIN HA and the clutch is an easy to drive Exedy single plate. Air flows in through twin HKS filters and out through an ARC titanium catback exhaust.

Inside the interior is spotless and clean with no tears or stains on the seats, dash or carpets. The only additions are in the form of a turbo timer and an Apexi RSM.

There are no real problems with the car to be honest. Initially, there was a misfiring problem which was easily rectified since the wrong plugs were used. The suspension could use servicing being a wear and tear item however at this point its only noisy at times and does not affect handling.

The MFD screen is showing signs of needing replacement but the display can still be seen but its not clear. However, all sensors for the MFD are fully functional.

Whoever buys the car is really getting an R34 GTR which has not been thrashed and everything feels well put together. You get that 'tight' feeling as the handling is still sharp and the gear shifts are nice and smooth. I personally believe its the best in KL at the moment for someone looking to start a project build since its the most stock and pristine platform around.

But don't take my word for it, give Sean a call and view the car first. Then go and check out all other GTRs in KL to compare. The only thing working against this car is the age unless you're paying cash.

Have fun searching and if anyone wants someone to tag along to view other GTRs then I'd be happy to come and check it out with them. Anything for Skylines I guess :)
RR make sure you dont drive or warm up this virgin car ye...knowing u haha :banghead:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
when u say it is rebuilt using N1 block, do you mean the original block was swapped with another?...hence need to register new engine block cause the engine number now different?....
Yes, would need to change the engine number on the geran. Obviously that isn't the buyers concern as the seller would need to settle it beforehand. No worries bro, easily done as there is nothing to fault with the car anyway during inspection.

RR make sure you dont drive or warm up this virgin car ye...knowing u haha :banghead:
Hahah bro, if not for me the car wouldn't be running as smoothly as it is now :reddy:

udengfahlawi

1,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2004
putrajaya
Visit site
Ive just registered a different block and procedure is so easy. Only cost RM60.

N1 block costs well over RM10,000 new from Nissan and now is very difficult to source.

:burnout:
...actually what a potential buyer might be more interested to know is what happen to the original block?....did the owner blew it and has to replace it?....or he just upgraded to a better one (perhaps preparation for future further upgrade maybe, since I've no idea what N1 block has to offer over stock block)?....

...i would seriously consider this car if i'm in the market for it since someone here personally knows this car (rather than scouting at used car dealers)....it's a safer bet i think...but for me not now lar...with raya coming and all....baju raya first....car later....:biggrin:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
...actually what a potential buyer might be more interested to know is what happen to the original block?....did the owner blew it and has to replace it?....or he just upgraded to a better one (perhaps preparation for future further upgrade maybe, since I've no idea what N1 block has to offer over stock block)?....

...i would seriously consider this car if i'm in the market for it since someone here personally knows this car (rather than scouting at used car dealers)....it's a safer bet i think...but for me not now lar...with raya coming and all....baju raya first....car later....:biggrin:
So you're after some details regarding the actual history of the car. Should have just said so, would be glad to tell you all that I know. As far as I know, the car when purchased wasn't in the best condition but not to the point of engine blowing, etc. Sean has a history of project cars, from a drift car he mostly built at home or using facilities at friend's workshop to all sorts of other cars before settling on the GTR. The original plan was to build it and build it properly from the ground up and since he was based in Penang at the time, he had a cheap daily to get from home to the airport daily so wasn't too bothered with GTR being off the road.

The GTR was meant to be his project but nothing like what I would go for. Rather, he's gone with mostly original parts except for some upgrades which most of us know are necessary. The car was only going to run GT-SS turbos and nothing more.

However, several months ago he was transferred back to KL and now faces a commute from Taman Tar to LCCT which he doesn't fancy doing in the GTR. Plus, I guess his circle of friends etc has changed somewhat and he's now into Continental cars since all the cars at my sisters house are either BMWs or Mercedes. He's selling the GTR in order to purchase either a BMW 335i or a Porsche Cayman (I don't think even he knows what he wants actually).

Anyway, that is to the best of my knowledge based on what he's told me. I could be wrong about the engine blowing in the past but if that's the case then I'm no less a fool than anyone else here. However, I doubt the car blew since there is no ECU, boost controller etc to begin with. I can however confirm that the engine has been rebuilt because the Tomei sump baffle was one of many gifts from me to Sean and was brand new when it went in. So I can vouch for that at least.

I could have gotten a few details wrong here and there such as what car he's upgrading to etc and if so, I apologise but I'm only sharing what latest information I have. I don't necessarily know everything about Sean despite him being my nephew so for those interested, give him a call and talk to him direct. I can tell you that the engine sounds good and is really smooth and nice to drive.

gobiz2

Known Member
Nov 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
N1 block is far superior to a standard rb26 block, except for the first 500 r32 gtr rb26 blocks (or a Nismo RRR block). :listen: :biggrin:

Mr.JY

Known Member
May 3, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Mr. RR, that is the reasons why I always prefer buying cars from people I deemed are trustworthy rather than those in Mudah or used cars dealer, where they tend to throw some white lies at you trying to market their car. Based on what I read, I'm surprised the car is not sold yet (of course there is always the loan issue faced by potential buyers!) :biggrin:

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Mr. RR, that is the reasons why I always prefer buying cars from people I deemed are trustworthy rather than those in Mudah or used cars dealer, where they tend to throw some white lies at you trying to market their car. Based on what I read, I'm surprised the car is not sold yet (of course there is always the loan issue faced by potential buyers!) :biggrin:
I wouldn't apply such a stereotype to all car dealers as I've come across some really good ones. I think reasons car has yet to be sold is that Sean is probably the laziest person when it comes to showing the car. I guess his work schedule is a huge factor. Secondly, its the loan which I guess most people can't get due to Banks requiring huge deposits, high interest rates or declining loan application completely.

mr. pimpin - can the r34 gtr get loan from bank, what the best price?
Alvin, no idea about loans so you'd have to speak to your bankers. As for best price, I think you should take the time to view the car first so you can assess its worth.

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
hi, a friend of mine brought me along to view a GTR Vspec. the car comes with haltech ecu. after slow talk with the owner, he allowed us to test the car. there is a few things i need to check with all Skyline Sifu here....since my friend not familiar with it.....i busy body wanna know the problem we faced.

1) the car idling was low - after crank, it idle around 500rpm or lower then once on air cond, it went a bit lower then when engage gear and releasing clutch, the engine dies off - we repeated again and again - also same thing. then we off the air cond and drive it out.

2) the engine wont accelerate, the max it goes is less than 3000rpm and the blow off is very soft.....i guess its in "safe mode"....but not very sure.

then the car wont go above 60km/h. ...and the side mirror also wont retract....

can the sifus here advise - how much the cost for the side mirror and is it the safe mode or anything wrong with the gearbox or engine...

thanks in advance....
tell him to unlock valet mode.

if he dunno what the hell valet mode is, walk away as far and as fast as you can from the car.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
tell him to unlock valet mode.

if he dunno what the hell valet mode is, walk away as far and as fast as you can from the car.
Bro, from my understanding the valet mode should limit how the car can be driven. For example limiting the revs to 3000rpm max as that is all that's needed to park a car. It shouldn't make the car idle or run terribly would it?

Doesn't sound like a feature worth having if it makes the car run badly?

cosmicgate

Known Member
Oct 14, 2005
[PIMPIN];1063654944 said:
Bro, from my understanding the valet mode should limit how the car can be driven. For example limiting the revs to 3000rpm max as that is all that's needed to park a car. It shouldn't make the car idle or run terribly would it?

Doesn't sound like a feature worth having if it makes the car run badly?
Maybe just a shitty tune with valet mode? To give the impression that the car is shit when the key is passed to valet parking? Maybe you're right, ecu in safe mode, walk and run as far as you can from that car.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Maybe just a shitty tune with valet mode? To give the impression that the car is shit when the key is passed to valet parking? Maybe you're right, ecu in safe mode, walk and run as far as you can from that car.
Well suddenly there are quite a few for sale, no reason to focus on this one. Might as well move on like what cosmicgate said.

boblp

Sep 3, 2011
Johor Bahru
all your stories bout buying skyline makes me jelly... when will i own one? already planted the dream of owning it one day.. wait for me my destined skyline... weeeeeeeeeeee :burnout:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just to let u guys know that skunk2 fake intake manifold has arrive on our shore.
so for those potential buyer,be aware what u paid for.what i'm afraid of is some
of the shop pass it as genuine item.i'm not saying that they purposely sell u a fake
1 and claim it to be genuine but some of them doesn't even know how to tell the
different.that's not all,some of their supplier don't even bother to tell them.
for those of u who don't know how to differentiate between them,just look
at the vacuum...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience