Latest proton perdana

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
sound like the whole malaysia is full of people that either kana screwed, or like to screw ppl.....in business, in office, in govt, in education, etc

Thanks to our great leader, you know who la....
Rot always starts from the head, they say.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Correction. The average Malaysian are forced to buy Proton because they can't afford anything else.

Gotta agree with the SC personnel though. The bad thing about P1 is they aren't monitored like you said. P2 at least have a venue for people to complain (their website) and they take all complaints seriously. P1 doesn't give a rats ass about complaints.

Actually, I have seen a lot of Preves and Suprimas on the road. On the other hand I've yet to hit SupraFan with a rock. You're really discounting the numbers of Preves on the road. And personally I think Preve and Suprima is really value for money. These two are equipped to the hinge with technology and equipment and is one of the cheapest cars to buy out there with this level of trim. 6 air bags, leather all round, ESC, EBD, ABS, xenon, push start, etc. Name me an alternative that's priced in the same bracket.

The only downside to P1 is the apparent lack of quality. Lots of complained about the push start failing causing the car to immobile, the hoses flexing causing turbo lag, and all sorts of other minor things. However most if not all these problems can be remedied very easily. The car otherwise it's a pretty good car.

What's wrong with rebadging? Notice that the Accord they are rebadging is two generations back. It's Hondas smart in selling old designs to P1. P1's just being suckered into buying old junk. But it's plus in the eyes of public since we can barely ever afford another brand anyway.

Who says? My Kelisa was horrible. Myvis are no better. Rattling noises, expensive mountings, and the Alza is no better. I think all in all, all brands have different nibbling issues. And my Wira has been peachy since forever. Only issues happened whenever there was a problem with installation failures, ie-improper timing belt and a failed head gasket.
Aiyoh boss...in terms of provision for money, of course Preve n suprima tops the chart. I guess we both know why. Preve is getting more n more on the road, that is no doubt. So like I mentioned, let's hope that it doesn't disappoint again. And no doubt up until this day, P2 reliability is better than P1. Who dares to say no? And I'm not saying proton wira, I'm comparing all range.

When P1 rebadge, yeah we do get cheaper accord in a way. That's because we are damn taxed! We been hoping that p1 will make a great car on its own but in the end, they go back to rebadging. And selling it to us thinking that they should be proud because they have a good car to sell is so wrong to me lol. I believe that's why many bash P1 for this. And indirectly we are also bashing what's above P1.. What to do... Wait another 5 years lor haha

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
BULLSHIT

Speaking from first hand experience. This was at Proton Centre of Excellence next to Kesas highway. Excellent at what? Wasting your time.

First visit to fix a known problem, not fixed. Return again to fix the same problem, they broke something else.

Wasted my time to visit them to fix the "something else". And the something else is DUE TO THEIR NEGLIGENCE. Did they say sorry for wasting my time? No.

The something else was, they opened the bottom suspension to change bushing, didn't install all the grommets back, so the underbody diffuser or flap or banana leaf, whatever you want to call it, got chewed by the front tyres and gave my poor parents a shock of their life while travelling at high way speeds. My parents get heart attack, Proton reimburse me is it? If Tan Chong Mitsubishi is willing to service Proton Inspira, I am willing to pay their asking price.

knnmccb you think people buy Proton so can spend time to visit Proton SC is it? I make appointment at 9AM, your service consultant see me 10AM. HELLO, you INSULTING my intelligence is it? If the appointment is at 9AM, you better see me at 9 fucking AM.

Not only Proton. In Malaysia, fucking doctors also behave like that. Make appointment at 8AM, wait until 12PM. Then what the fuck for make appointment? And this was at Sunway Medical. This is called mentality lah.

I don't know about Toyota, but Perodua, my appointment 8.30AM, the service consultant will see me at 8.45AM tops, ask me about my problems, take my keys and smile. :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:
I visit Senaxis and Section 13 PJ not bad.
Senaxis particularly because it is owned by a 3rd party, authorized by Proton, service is pretty good. Except the son of the owners, like a stone, talk like stone.
Easy to inspect on their mech too since its a small workshop.

Section 13 is not bad. They attend to you fast but the service/repair is long.
Their mech is experienced too to fix my problem.
Although, I was at the counter standing for quite awhile, and raise my voice to say excuse me, she was on FB. Dulan betul.

All SC is common to have a thing, they turn on your air cond fully blown, accelerate super gao and leave the engine on for quite long. -.-

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What's wrong with rebadging? Notice that the Accord they are rebadging is two generations back. It's Hondas smart in selling old designs to P1. P1's just being suckered into buying old junk. But it's plus in the eyes of public since we can barely ever afford another brand anyway.
Want cheap give you old model loh! Mitsu have been doing so for so many years and Proton passing it to the rakyat as new....:banghead::banghead:

Zeroshift

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
BULLSHIT

Speaking from first hand experience. This was at Proton Centre of Excellence next to Kesas highway. Excellent at what? Wasting your time.

First visit to fix a known problem, not fixed. Return again to fix the same problem, they broke something else.

Wasted my time to visit them to fix the "something else". And the something else is DUE TO THEIR NEGLIGENCE. Did they say sorry for wasting my time? No.

The something else was, they opened the bottom suspension to change bushing, didn't install all the grommets back, so the underbody diffuser or flap or banana leaf, whatever you want to call it, got chewed by the front tyres and gave my poor parents a shock of their life while travelling at high way speeds. My parents get heart attack, Proton reimburse me is it? If Tan Chong Mitsubishi is willing to service Proton Inspira, I am willing to pay their asking price.

knnmccb you think people buy Proton so can spend time to visit Proton SC is it? I make appointment at 9AM, your service consultant see me 10AM. HELLO, you INSULTING my intelligence is it? If the appointment is at 9AM, you better see me at 9 fucking AM.

Not only Proton. In Malaysia, fucking doctors also behave like that. Make appointment at 8AM, wait until 12PM. Then what the fuck for make appointment? And this was at Sunway Medical. This is called mentality lah.

I don't know about Toyota, but Perodua, my appointment 8.30AM, the service consultant will see me at 8.45AM tops, ask me about my problems, take my keys and smile. :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:
Well, as i said, base on my experience...So maybe i'm lucky i guess...

For me, up till now, most of the issue i face are solved quite fast by those guys in COSE.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
On the other hand I've yet to hit SupraFan with a rock.

Who says? My Kelisa was horrible. Myvis are no better. Rattling noises, expensive mountings, and the Alza is no better. I think all in all, all brands have different nibbling issues. And my Wira has been peachy since forever. Only issues happened whenever there was a problem with installation failures, ie-improper timing belt and a failed head gasket.
:banghead: My kelisa is awesome. One of the best built to me from Daihatsu/Perodua.

Proton does take their complaint pretty well these day if you ask me. Only those smaller SC are pretty lousy apart from just wanting to do servicing. When it comes to warranty claims, go with the bigger SC like COSE or PJ Sec 13 and they are quite good when it comes to solving issue. At least from my experience. So just avoid smaller SC if you are doing warranty as they are either damn slow or they will give all sorts of excuse to ask you to get the warranty done at the bigger SC.

If you have any issue or there is a delay in warranty, just email the wecare. They will assist you and they quite fast in replying.

As for P2, their quality really lousy if you ask me. I have an myvi and alza at home, their quality really bad. Rattling all over. Thought i would say that their after sales service is a bit better than some proton SC.
wecare? More like wedontreply. Sent twice to complain on how the nails jutting out in the boot and yet there was no reply and I got a long cut on my hand from those nails/screws.

Will never go to SC again. Yet is wasting my time and ridiculous cost. Buy own spareparts, send to outside mechanic to do. No need appointment and yet is fast and reliable. Cheap too.

BULLSHIT

Can't agree more, make appointment 7.30am, only layan me 8.30am and car only done at 11am. :top:
Waiting hours is so long. Make appointment like not making any as they may serve those without making appointment that came early.

Want cheap give you old model loh! Mitsu have been doing so for so many years and Proton passing it to the rakyat as new....:banghead::banghead:
Some are easily feeling syukur...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Center of Negligence. CON.. :biggrin:

And Toyota, P2, and probably all workshops have the same issue of unscrupulous mechanics. They don't allow you to stay there to monitor your car so they can do all sorts of things without you noticing. Like not changing out your oil filter and saying they did. Or Keeping the unused oil for themselves and selling the days collection to punters. I've come across P1 not changing belting even though they charged me and claimed that they did. I'm not a complete idiot and I can tell the difference between a new and old belt. Too bad for them.

Which is why smile or no smile I never go to SCs unless I can monitor the mechanic working on my car.

:banghead: My kelisa is awesome. One of the best built to me from Daihatsu/Perodua.
You're lucky. I hated my Kelisa SE. Which is why I sold it after one unfortunate day I kena flooded. Managed to dry out everything inside but the ECU got fried so spent 400 buying a freaking half cut ECU. Why the hell is it so expensive?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

And Toyota, P2, and probably all workshops have the same issue of unscrupulous mechanics. They don't allow you to stay there to monitor your car so they can do all sorts of things without you noticing. Like not changing out your oil filter and saying they did. Or Keeping the unused oil for themselves and selling the days collection to punters. I've come across P1 not changing belting even though they charged me and claimed that they did. I'm not a complete idiot and I can tell the difference between a new and old belt. Too bad for them.

Which is why smile or no smile I never go to SCs unless I can monitor the mechanic working on my car.

You're lucky. I hated my Kelisa SE. Which is why I sold it after one unfortunate day I kena flooded. Managed to dry out everything inside but the ECU got fried so spent 400 buying a freaking half cut ECU. Why the hell is it so expensive?
Profit...RM400 is cheap, Mine was RM800......:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

ya seriously, I do think I'm lucky to get one with a good condition engine. Some parts may have slight damage before and was replaced and repaint buy previous owner. But to me as long it doesnt have much issue will do. Just the front passenger door was replace with non ori one since it sounded louder with a knock if compared with the rest of the doors and also the door was not installed properly. Misaligned. Had to slam it a bit to completely shut it tight.

Other than that running good.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I wonder why dont they use the petronas e01e engine on the new perdana?
Probably they dare not to risk anything like this in gov car. Like few years ago where there is this big case of gov officials claiming few hundred thousands repair cost to repair Perdana's gearbox. The same thing might repeat again if this new Petronas engine fails to work properly and be reliable.

VTEC for the win. xD
Old VTEC are powerful but new i-VTEC seems to have become weaker. I'm not saying K20A of course.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Probably they dare not to risk anything like this in gov car. Like few years ago where there is this big case of gov officials claiming few hundred thousands repair cost to repair Perdana's gearbox. The same thing might repeat again if this new Petronas engine fails to work properly and be reliable.

Old VTEC are powerful but new i-VTEC seems to have become weaker. I'm not saying K20A of course.
You mean the SOHC ones as well? :rolleyes:
From DOHC to SOHC.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

The SC near to my place allows me to monitor or see my car being serviced. The have a waiting room which has an overview of the workshop. If my car is at another end of the workshop, I can actually stand behind the lines to chat with the foreman and see my car, which is less than 3m away.

They will put all parts into a plastic bag, and then bring to the car. Everything that is changed will be put back into the plastic bag, but usually they will only give me the engine oil balance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A rather dismal images of what seems to be the shop floor of a spark plug manufacturing operation in China.

To be clear, there is very little in the way of information to color what we’re seeing in these images, but the overall picture is one of rather scary working conditions. Cramped workbenches, metal shavings in every corner of the room, as well as what looks like up close and personal handling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience