Latest proton perdana

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I am one of those who condemns Proton. Here's why:

1. They are overly protected by cronies and government they produce crappy cars.
2. Malaysians are forced to buy Proton because they cannot afford a Honda.
3. Proton is selling their cars at a higher price to Malaysians than in other countries. E.g. Australia Preve.
4. Proton SC personnels are not all well trained or monitored.
5. etc etc i lazy to type. Summary is: In the end, they still build crappy cars.

So...people complain when Proton rebadge some cars. People complain when Proton builds their own. Perodua did the same like too i.e. rebadging cars but it seems not nobody really condemns them. Why?
Proton started off in automotive industry by rebadging Mitsubishi model and came out with Saga, Iswara, Wira, Satria, bla bla bla. Many people complain too at that time. Then there were these few batches of proton cars were quite good. For example, proton wira. Many users were happy and start to believe in Proton which is a good thing. So Proton then started to build their own cars with their own knowledges and experiences. Result? Proton Waja, Gen-2, Savvy, bla bla bla....and they were? CRAP! (Excuse my language and honesty). The first few batches of waja and gen-2 have so many problems. The knowledge and experience - kapult, gone, vanish and so does the faith of many people.
Ok so they know that they have to do something to earn $$. Tadah ~ Saga and Persona. Are they great cars? Well you decide. Then they have a trade with Mitsubishi and rebadge the Lancer. Just change the bumpers design, logo, rims, and tadah ~ great car and value for the money. Or is it? Basically what you get in an Inspira is cheaper materials being used in a lancer shell. Proton is selling the Inspira at 75k? Well lets remove the absurd tax from a Lancer and compare again. Will the price be so much different? Hmm...and you get Japanese quality and localized Mitsubishi service compared to Malaysia plastic with Proton SC.
The Preve and Suprima, well so far there werent many complains on these cars because if you throw a stone towards the highway, chances of you hitting Supra Fanatics is higher than you actually hit a Preve or Suprima. So I have no comment on these models and I hope they do well and do not disappoint again.
And now they rebadge the Accord which is an older model somemore. It is a benefit for Malaysians who cant really afford a Honda Accord because with a lower price, we can get something similar. Well, it is either Proton untung sama you, or the government untung sama you. To me, they are both the same. But why does Proton needs to rebadge some other cars again? Cant they produce their own ALL NEW PERDANA? Ok lets say rebadging an Accord is easier and probably much more profitable. But lets look at KIA and Hyundai. Their cars were not so good in the yesteryears. Now, they have became one of the market leaders in some big countries. I am ashamed. That is why I condemn and complain I guess.

Why not many bash Perodua pulak ? Double standard and just being a hypocrite ka? Nope. Yes perodua does not really produce a car on their own (only second gen kancil, if i were right). But their cars are much more reliable and consistent than Proton. Ya at first we complain that they cannot produce their own cars, but if the product the make is good...nowadays who cares? And they have moved forward too. Now they produce myvi to be sold as Daihatsu Sirion in Indonesia. That means it is some sort of Daihatsu Indonesia is rebadging the myvi. A japanese company has confidence of selling cars manufactured in Malaysia.

Of course, people buy Perodua because they cant afford a Toyota. But at least the car doesnt give you high blood pressure after 5 years.
:banghead: bugger, want to throw stones at me so badly meh...:bawling:
I'm eager to find out the price of Accordana, seriously I don't mind getting this Honda Accord at lower price...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Somehow I think that the new Perdana had better looking front grill and bumpers than the original Accord.

ragerunner

Known Member
Mar 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The Accordana is last gen Accord, which has the same 2L engine as the current Accord. The current Accord's 2.4L has EarthDreams tech, which I think won't be available on the Accordana.

ALL this for lower price than Honda. Imagine buying previous gen Accord for a price lower than current Civic. I would say it is not a bad deal.

Why are you disappointed?

I don't know what Malaysians want really.

Proton make their own (shit) cars like Preve and Supramaniam S, people disappointed (like me)
Proton stick their logo on good cars like Mitsubishi Lancer & Honda Accord, people disappointed (like you)

Proton probably asking, apa lanjiao you mau?
I can answer. I mau Proton tutup kedai, excise and import duty removed, cars same price as USA. Then we can drive real Accords and real Lancers instead of fake ones. Everybody wins.

FYI Malaysia's cars are among the most expensive in the world.

This.

Until the ridiculous amounts of taxes on "foreign" cars are removed (don't see that happening anytime soon), driving rebadged good cars for (hopefully) a fraction of their original price is the best the average rakyat who strives for something better than your average Persona or Preve can hope for.

Haters will hate and bashers will bash but trust me, when it is released and assuming it is competitively priced, the car will still be laku like hot pisang goreng. Inspira was a good example.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
appaling

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Throw away d absurd tax on import cars n let our market decide what car would be d best n d worst seller :wink:

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Last time everyone would say, perdana sei, perdana v6. Now perdana vtec , hahaha. Im guessing there is going to be a bigger depend on those type R engines now.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Buy an Annaconda...I mean Accordana and masuk Type R K20A . :biggrin:

option1978

Known Member
May 25, 2009
Oh, safety huh. Thats a good point.
Prior to the 2008 / 09 recession, it's very safe there.

I can withdraw huge amount of money from any ATM without having to hide left right.

I can walk around with > RM 10k in my wallet without having to worry much.

I can carry with me RM 300k in cash to a construction site to pay our workers without worrying about getting rob while getting there or while at site

I can forget to lock my house / car door & return with everything still intact.

That's how safe it is in Dubai.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
2. Malaysians are forced to buy Proton because they cannot afford a Honda.
4. Proton SC personnels are not all well trained or monitored.
Correction. The average Malaysian are forced to buy Proton because they can't afford anything else.

Gotta agree with the SC personnel though. The bad thing about P1 is they aren't monitored like you said. P2 at least have a venue for people to complain (their website) and they take all complaints seriously. P1 doesn't give a rats ass about complaints.

The Preve and Suprima, well so far there werent many complains on these cars because if you throw a stone towards the highway, chances of you hitting Supra Fanatics is higher than you actually hit a Preve or Suprima. So I have no comment on these models and I hope they do well and do not disappoint again.
Actually, I have seen a lot of Preves and Suprimas on the road. On the other hand I've yet to hit SupraFan with a rock. You're really discounting the numbers of Preves on the road. And personally I think Preve and Suprima is really value for money. These two are equipped to the hinge with technology and equipment and is one of the cheapest cars to buy out there with this level of trim. 6 air bags, leather all round, ESC, EBD, ABS, xenon, push start, etc. Name me an alternative that's priced in the same bracket.

The only downside to P1 is the apparent lack of quality. Lots of complained about the push start failing causing the car to immobile, the hoses flexing causing turbo lag, and all sorts of other minor things. However most if not all these problems can be remedied very easily. The car otherwise it's a pretty good car.

To me, they are both the same. But why does Proton needs to rebadge some other cars again? Cant they produce their own ALL NEW PERDANA? Ok lets say rebadging an Accord is easier and probably much more profitable. But lets look at KIA and Hyundai. Their cars were not so good in the yesteryears. Now, they have became one of the market leaders in some big countries. I am ashamed. That is why I condemn and complain I guess.
What's wrong with rebadging? Notice that the Accord they are rebadging is two generations back. It's Hondas smart in selling old designs to P1. P1's just being suckered into buying old junk. But it's plus in the eyes of public since we can barely ever afford another brand anyway.

Of course, people buy Perodua because they cant afford a Toyota. But at least the car doesnt give you high blood pressure after 5 years.
Who says? My Kelisa was horrible. Myvis are no better. Rattling noises, expensive mountings, and the Alza is no better. I think all in all, all brands have different nibbling issues. And my Wira has been peachy since forever. Only issues happened whenever there was a problem with installation failures, ie-improper timing belt and a failed head gasket.

Zeroshift

Known Member
Oct 19, 2004
Correction. The average Malaysian are forced to buy Proton because they can't afford anything else.

Gotta agree with the SC personnel though. The bad thing about P1 is they aren't monitored like you said. P2 at least have a venue for people to complain (their website) and they take all complaints seriously. P1 doesn't give a rats ass about complaints.

Actually, I have seen a lot of Preves and Suprimas on the road. On the other hand I've yet to hit SupraFan with a rock. You're really discounting the numbers of Preves on the road. And personally I think Preve and Suprima is really value for money. These two are equipped to the hinge with technology and equipment and is one of the cheapest cars to buy out there with this level of trim. 6 air bags, leather all round, ESC, EBD, ABS, xenon, push start, etc. Name me an alternative that's priced in the same bracket.

The only downside to P1 is the apparent lack of quality. Lots of complained about the push start failing causing the car to immobile, the hoses flexing causing turbo lag, and all sorts of other minor things. However most if not all these problems can be remedied very easily. The car otherwise it's a pretty good car.

What's wrong with rebadging? Notice that the Accord they are rebadging is two generations back. It's Hondas smart in selling old designs to P1. P1's just being suckered into buying old junk. But it's plus in the eyes of public since we can barely ever afford another brand anyway.

Who says? My Kelisa was horrible. Myvis are no better. Rattling noises, expensive mountings, and the Alza is no better. I think all in all, all brands have different nibbling issues. And my Wira has been peachy since forever. Only issues happened whenever there was a problem with installation failures, ie-improper timing belt and a failed head gasket.
Proton does take their complaint pretty well these day if you ask me. Only those smaller SC are pretty lousy apart from just wanting to do servicing. When it comes to warranty claims, go with the bigger SC like COSE or PJ Sec 13 and they are quite good when it comes to solving issue. At least from my experience. So just avoid smaller SC if you are doing warranty as they are either damn slow or they will give all sorts of excuse to ask you to get the warranty done at the bigger SC.

If you have any issue or there is a delay in warranty, just email the wecare. They will assist you and they quite fast in replying.

As for P2, their quality really lousy if you ask me. I have an myvi and alza at home, their quality really bad. Rattling all over. Thought i would say that their after sales service is a bit better than some proton SC.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Proton does take their complaint pretty well these day if you ask me. Only those smaller SC are pretty lousy apart from just wanting to do servicing. When it comes to warranty claims, go with the bigger SC like COSE or PJ Sec 13 and they are quite good when it comes to solving issue. At least from my experience. So just avoid smaller SC if you are doing warranty as they are either damn slow or they will give all sorts of excuse to ask you to get the warranty done at the bigger SC.

If you have any issue or there is a delay in warranty, just email the wecare. They will assist you and they quite fast in replying.

As for P2, their quality really lousy if you ask me. I have an myvi and alza at home, their quality really bad. Rattling all over. Thought i would say that their after sales service is a bit better than some proton SC.
BULLSHIT

Speaking from first hand experience. This was at Proton Centre of Excellence next to Kesas highway. Excellent at what? Wasting your time.

First visit to fix a known problem, not fixed. Return again to fix the same problem, they broke something else.

Wasted my time to visit them to fix the "something else". And the something else is DUE TO THEIR NEGLIGENCE. Did they say sorry for wasting my time? No.

The something else was, they opened the bottom suspension to change bushing, didn't install all the grommets back, so the underbody diffuser or flap or banana leaf, whatever you want to call it, got chewed by the front tyres and gave my poor parents a shock of their life while travelling at high way speeds. My parents get heart attack, Proton reimburse me is it? If Tan Chong Mitsubishi is willing to service Proton Inspira, I am willing to pay their asking price.

knnmccb you think people buy Proton so can spend time to visit Proton SC is it? I make appointment at 9AM, your service consultant see me 10AM. HELLO, you INSULTING my intelligence is it? If the appointment is at 9AM, you better see me at 9 fucking AM.

Not only Proton. In Malaysia, fucking doctors also behave like that. Make appointment at 8AM, wait until 12PM. Then what the fuck for make appointment? And this was at Sunway Medical. This is called mentality lah.

I don't know about Toyota, but Perodua, my appointment 8.30AM, the service consultant will see me at 8.45AM tops, ask me about my problems, take my keys and smile. :thefinger::thefinger::thefinger:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can i actually know wat is the use of installing fibre hood???

is it can absorb heat?? or juz a decoration???

fibre is it very crispy??
thx for answering:adore: :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience