Kelisa ride/handling problems

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
But anyway cannot do much in 165/55R14 size, unless can find PP2 like Bro. SF or use BS RE-030. Others are entry level tyres only. Even NCT5 consider not bad when new, Your NCT5 are already after 50% so the performance is pretty bad now. Even NCT5 do not have in this size. The lower Duraplus and Ducaro only have.....:rolleyes:
No la, I mean he asked if Hankook its okay or not. We need the actual model ma.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No la, I mean he asked if Hankook its okay or not. We need the actual model ma.
Yes, Hankook also have many models, but what I am trying to say in Kelisa tyre size of 165/55R14 very little choices as bro. SF have found also. No performance tyres in this size for Hankook

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But anyway cannot do much in 165/55R14 size, unless can find PP2 like Bro. SF or use BS RE-030. Others are entry level tyres only. Even NCT5 consider not bad when new, Your NCT5 are already after 50% so the performance is pretty bad now. Even NCT5 do not have in this size. The lower Duraplus and Ducaro only have.....:rolleyes:
Ya is a sad sad world for K-Car owners like us. Tyre manufacturers no look up to us small cars :rofl:
PP2 adi discontinued. Even if can find, can only pray that it is not that old. I think if 3 years old still can buy if it can last about 2 years.

Threadwear is 240 if not wrong, but then seems the thread left still a lot in my kelisa coming close to 2 years. Sometimes only whack corners but not hardcore kind of whack :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya is a sad sad world for K-Car owners like us. Tyre manufacturers no look up to us small cars :rofl:
PP2 adi discontinued. Even if can find, can only pray that it is not that old. I think if 3 years old still can buy if it can last about 2 years.

Threadwear is 240 if not wrong, but then seems the thread left still a lot in my kelisa coming close to 2 years. Sometimes only whack corners but not hardcore kind of whack :biggrin:
K cars not meant for performance, if yes then go 15".....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
K cars not meant for performance, if yes then go 15".....:driver:
15" also that time the size we mentioned also not much variety right bro?
165/50/15?
Archilles K sports have for this 15" and 14" but then wet time die la.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
15" also that time the size we mentioned also not much variety right bro?
165/50/15?
Archilles K sports have for this 15" and 14" but then wet time die la.
At least you remember, but have Kumho KU31, at least should be better then entry level....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
At least you remember, but have Kumho KU31, at least should be better then entry level....:driver:
Sure remember your teaching. Is priceless :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Teach no problem, but must remember. Some in one ear out the other......:banghead:
Ya, but I do tend to forget, I need to repeat the process or listen to it more than once at times. Slow learner :biggrin: That's why i think next round DIT i better note down whatever things im learning.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

But K Sports that one is just sports pattern, not really semi slick.
In the wet should be okay gua.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But K Sports that one is just sports pattern, not really semi slick.
In the wet should be okay gua.
LOL! This one just stated by vr2turbo once before. How can a tyre have semi slick pattern and not a semi slick?

chriszzz1225

Oct 10, 2012
Penang
30-40 is quite slow and since your tyres are new, it can't be. What is the year of the tyre? If corner + sudden hard breaking on wet, is possible to skid. Cuz rear tyres will lock, then when is wet, is even worse. Really no puddle of water when you recalled? Maybe only little oil spilled by trucks or buses?

I skidded before on my silverstone tyres during a corner. About 70% thread left. Drizzling only, ground is wet. During the corner, I stomp the brake hard and I skidded. Lol. Saved by the curb.
I couldn't recall whether there was water or oil spill as i didn't went to the area to check... lol checking my car's crash impact was the only the thing running in my mind during that time :(

I didn't brake hard or downshift too, just released my throttle and attempted to slowly take the corner. I learned my lesson on how hard braking can lead to skidding in my last crash... lolll :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

If car handles well in the dry, then it is either tyre problem or something on the road at that corner. Oil and water is one of the most slippery surface. The Kerinchi link from KL have got many victims already. Buses usually spill diesel in that corner and when it rains many cars have skidded and hit the wall. I have actually seen a SUV skid in this same spot.
Coming back to you what model of Hankook tyre are you using?
Ventus, Optimo or Kinergy range?
The model is Optimo Meo2 bro. I'm not too sure whether its an all weather tyre but they certainly perform better in the dry than my previous silverstones...

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Bro, don't judge things by brands. Goodyear NCT5 is shit but Goodyear Eagle F1 asy damn magnificent. Right? Give us the model, VR2 sifu can advise.

I have a hunch its you bought bad spec tyres.
Yeah bro, I thought so too. I was on a budget that time, couldn't really for good tyres. Plus 14 inch tyre choices are rather scarce..

sudah notified my tyre model btw...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I couldn't recall whether there was water or oil spill as i didn't went to the area to check... lol checking my car's crash impact was the only the thing running in my mind during that time :(

I didn't brake hard or downshift too, just released my throttle and attempted to slowly take the corner. I learned my lesson on how hard braking can lead to skidding in my last crash... lolll :rolleyes:

The model is Optimo Meo2 bro. I'm not too sure whether its an all weather tyre but they certainly perform better in the dry than my previous silverstones...
Yeah bro, I thought so too. I was on a budget that time, couldn't really for good tyres. Plus 14 inch tyre choices are rather scarce..

sudah notified my tyre model btw...
Then seriously I think is oil spilled la bro. The main point is that, is your kelisa now okay or not after repaired and etcs? Do u still skid during similar corners at other areas when is wet? If no, then the higher possibility is that you were unlucky to hit an oil patch.

chriszzz1225

Oct 10, 2012
Penang
Then seriously I think is oil spilled la bro. The main point is that, is your kelisa now okay or not after repaired and etcs? Do u still skid during similar corners at other areas when is wet? If no, then the higher possibility is that you were unlucky to hit an oil patch.
So far I have yet to get the chance to corner my car in the wet. No heavy rain since the day of my crash. -.-
My car is okay now I guess, cornering in the dry seems to have no issues though...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, been a long time not posting here. but anyway, as the title mentioned earlier, i have problem with my seat belt warning light and the annoying chimming sound. My car is a 2010 Mitsu Lancer GT, until now i don't have any problem. it's been almost 5 years now. yesterday, as i got into my car to go home after work, i plug in my seat belt first, then start my engine, and drove off. suddenly the chimming sound went off. i was surprised and when i look at my indicators, the seat belt icon is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience