How to determined for kelisa lower arm replacement and bushes?

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
Hi Folks,

Im driving a 8 year old 2nd gen kelisa and was wondering on how to determine for lower arm replacement?

As for bushes what does this function as in our cars?

Thanks

nyantong

Known Member
Jul 26, 2008
To determine whether the lower arm needs replacement, you need to visually check the condition of the bushes. Lift up the car and look for cracks or broken rubber on the bushings. If they are not visible or you are not sure, pry the bushings using a pry bar and see if the bushing is very loose. If yes, they need to be replaced.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
What about if we feel like the Kelisa seems kinda stiff when going through uneven roads? is like as though the suspension is
not absorbing any of the impact. For instance, going through speed warning markings...the car bumps like as though is going through tons of uneven surface....:banghead:

I'm just worried my kelisa mounting will go Kong in no time if this continues...

I suspect may be bushings and suspension together. Bought it 2nd hand. 2006 car. I guess the previous owner didn't change.
Took it for a check after buying, was recommended to change the suspension, so could be bushings as well is time to change.

Imprezho

Known Member
Dec 30, 2003
May i know how much these bushings may costs as well as the lower arms?

v1ctorong

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
Lower arm around RM90-120 original per piece.

As for your case, where unpleasent feeling while going speed warning marking. that might be due to following:
1) chassis getting loose
2) absorber mounting
3) absorber itself.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi ppl,
Anyone interested in doin air brush?cost around rm600-700 for a bonnet...location at subang!Interested pm me!Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience