Axia or Kelisa?

zrasam

Nov 26, 2014
Hi guys, I want to ask for your opinions. I am still a student, staying at shah alam and studying at melaka.

At first I want to buy Kelisa 2005 (A) Special Edition, rm 14000. Then my mom said why not buy Perodua Axia?

I was confused as I read there are a lot of problems by its user.

Anyway, I'm going to use this car mainly for travelling back and forth between Shah Alam and Melaka. And of course using it to get around the campus.

And my main concern is the fuel consumption since I am a student, I want to save in the fc.

This is my first car since I get a license 2 years ago. My driving skills probably karat.

Which car do you think I should buy?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well, if you can afford it, it is better to get a new car than a 2nd hand year 2005 car which is already 9 years old. Since you're doing long distance travelling, a new car would be much less hassle. At least you don't have to worry so much about wear and tear for your new car. So, I suggest Axia.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Axia, unless u can afford and know how to maintain the car yourself then would have ask u to go for Kelisa.

2nd hand, just need to standby at least RM3K for kelisa wear and tear parts to replace. Down the road few months, there will be parts u realised need to be replace. Unless u really lucky to get a real good condition kelisa.

At least new car still under warranty. Then certain parts still FOC if replaced within warranty period.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Buy used kelisa. Use the extra cash to mod the kelisa kaw-kaw......

Then use kelisa to cucuk Axia cars... :idea:

zrasam

Nov 26, 2014
Thank you for the replies. Yes I realized that Axia is newer and better in terms of technology. But I'm still leaning towards the Kelisa. I mean a newbie driver like me would prefer smaller car to drive. I intended to buy the Kelisa until my family gave me another choice which is Axia. Is the Kelisa (2005) that bad? I mean how long can it last? Another 10 years can ah?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Axia, unless u can afford and know how to maintain the car yourself then would have ask u to go for Kelisa.

2nd hand, just need to standby at least RM3K for kelisa wear and tear parts to replace. Down the road few months, there will be parts u realised need to be replace. Unless u really lucky to get a real good condition kelisa.

At least new car still under warranty. Then certain parts still FOC if replaced within warranty period.
Is the 9 year old Kelisa that bad ah? My heart leaning towards the Kelisa. :egg:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Thank you for the replies. Yes I realized that Axia is newer and better in terms of technology. But I'm still leaning towards the Kelisa. I mean a newbie driver like me would prefer smaller car to drive. I intended to buy the Kelisa until my family gave me another choice which is Axia. Is the Kelisa (2005) that bad? I mean how long can it last? Another 10 years can ah?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

Is the 9 year old Kelisa that bad ah? My heart leaning towards the Kelisa. :egg:
Kelisa is agreat car.
however,since u r a student i dont think a secondhand car can tahan the way a student lanyak the car.
no offence but 99% of students whom drive car only drives the car and neglect the, maintenance.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

Is not that bad, just that Cons of getting 2nd hand cars, u got to prepare to fork out cash to standby for any repairs or parts to be replaced. Timing Belt surely have to replace even though the salesman/owner would tell u that they changed it already. Can't see until it is open.

Also at least new car, certain parts still under warranty and the car most likely problem free for 3 years.

Kelisa only thing costly is the engine mounting. That have to check and see. Best bring a regular mechanic to go along with u if u dunno how to check.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi guys, I want to ask for your opinions. I am still a student, staying at shah alam and studying at melaka.

At first I want to buy Kelisa 2005 (A) Special Edition, rm 14000. Then my mom said why not buy Perodua Axia?

I was confused as I read there are a lot of problems by its user.

Anyway, I'm going to use this car mainly for travelling back and forth between Shah Alam and Melaka. And of course using it to get around the campus.

And my main concern is the fuel consumption since I am a student, I want to save in the fc.

This is my first car since I get a license 2 years ago. My driving skills probably karat.

Which car do you think I should buy?
Ok I interpret a few things based on your own words :

1. You can't drive that well since you haven't driven in a while.
2. You'll need to drive long distance
3. You want good FC
4. Budget does not seem to be a big issue.

Here's my thoughts :

1. A Kelisa that old will be expensive to maintain. Parts will need changing and the insurance will on the high side since it's 9 years old (if not mistaken regardless of market price the minimum insured amount must be 12k and you'll get a 5% loading charge due to age). If you have the money to repair the Kelisa and replace all the seals, gaskets and worn parts after buying the car, then it's a good idea to buy the Kelisa. Seals, gaskets and mountings aren't cheap for the Kelisa so put aside about 4k all in to do a once over replace-worn-stuff-including-tyres if you buy 2nd hand. Also bear with the insurance amount which isn't really a lot.

2. Your driving skill isn't what it used to be, then you're likely to get into fender bender accidents. An old car like the Kelisa won't hurt your feelings as much as damaging a new car. Spare parts for the Kelisa are abundant too.

3. The Axia won't have headaches that early in terms of maintenance. You'll have warranty to go with the car too so lesser a headache except you'll need to go back to Perodua for everything.

4. Both these small cars should be pretty decent with FC since both use 3-potter engines and have chassis' that are feather weight.

5. Having owned a Kelisa SE and test sat in an Axia, I'm not impressed with either car but the Kelisa does have a slightly better driving position and comfort. Slightly longer wheel base and wider track means Kelisa is probably better to drive around and with the 1.0 engine it's quite zippy.

Personally I think it all boils down to how much you can afford. If you just wanna buy and drive, buy a new car. If it's buy, fix and drive, then Kelisa.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Older car needs more maintenance only. How long it last depends on your maintenance....:driver:
I have two, one is 23 and the other 18 years....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Let me tell you one thing about using an old car. I'm currently using a 15 year old Wira which I got it since october last year. Until today, over RM1k had been put into the car for wear and tear maintenance. This Wira is not a 2nd car. It has been purchased by my father since 1999 which means I'm familiar with the car's history and how it is driven. The car is quite well taken care of throughout the years with regular service.

Therefore, what I'm trying to say is, even with a car that had a good history, you still can't avoid the usual wear and tear since the car is already quite old. If you're getting the 9 year old Kelisa and yet, don't know about the car's history, then you should prepare a few thousand ringgits just in case for repairs and maintenance. What SupraFanatics said earlier is true, prepare at least RM3k to be safe...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Let me tell you one thing about using an old car. I'm currently using a 15 year old Wira which I got it since october last year. Until today, over RM1k had been put into the car for wear and tear maintenance. This Wira is not a 2nd car. It has been purchased by my father since 1999 which means I'm familiar with the car's history and how it is driven. The car is quite well taken care of throughout the years with regular service.

Therefore, what I'm trying to say is, even with a car that had a good history, you still can't avoid the usual wear and tear since the car is already quite old. If you're getting the 9 year old Kelisa and yet, don't know about the car's history, then you should prepare a few thousand ringgits just in case for repairs and maintenance. What SupraFanatics said earlier is true, prepare at least RM3k to be safe...
That is only the beginning, means after buying over the car, change all the fluids, service the car, etc. etc...Having an older car the repairs can be more often as this or that will need replacing....:smokin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
not all second hand kelisa car is bad. You could find a good deal if the kelisa owner takes good care of it. Or you know the history of kelisa becoz you are very close to the kelisa owner. Like brother in law selling kelisa to sister, etc.

As for kelisa sold at car dealers, I wont believe completely what the salesman say, or claimed. Better be safe than sorry. Just bring a mechanic and check out the car.

No worries, as there are many 2nd hand kelisa out there on sale. Take your time and shop for the best car, and the best deal.
Dont rush buying a car, bro.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
not all second hand kelisa car is bad. You could find a good deal if the kelisa owner takes good care of it. Or you know the history of kelisa becoz you are very close to the kelisa owner. Like brother in law selling kelisa to sister, etc.

As for kelisa sold at car dealers, I wont believe completely what the salesman say, or claimed. Better be safe than sorry. Just bring a mechanic and check out the car.

No worries, as there are many 2nd hand kelisa out there on sale. Take your time and shop for the best car, and the best deal.
Dont rush buying a car, bro.
But even well kept, after 9 years things are bound to wear and need replacement....

According to bro. SF getting less, right? since out of production already. Many hunting for it means less cars too....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sorry 2 be rude guys...juz pissed..i parked my car out side summit..go and yumcha..when i comebacki saw 2 guys near my car i asked them wuts wrong...than they said someone reverse and bang my car..twice...my lights broken..bonet dented..bumper broken..its goona cost me a bomb..
according 2 a witness..the guy came out from the feng tau club..
he didnt get the car plate//all he go was

car type: wira
nuber plate: WEA ****
colour : brown

if any of u see dis guy...his car..the back bumper is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience