JPJ woes...

peachmonkey

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Hi all!!

I need some advise here. I just got stopped at a JPJ road block and they issued a warning letter for my headlights. Asked me to go back for inspection on friday. I changed my headlights to a slightly yellow color recently so I could see the road better. (Guess it was too yellow :confused_smile: )

I am driving a proton wira which I have installed a GSR front bumper (bonnet + fenders + lights). I'm worried that even though the JPJ official didnt mention anything about the body kit, it might come up during the inspection.

My questions are:

1. Is it illegal to install a different type of bodykit on a car? What are the chances that I would be asked to replace the GSR bumper? :cry_smile:
2. Is there anything that I can do for my bumper?
3. How much does it take to register a color change for a car? (I re-sprayed my car and I have yet to register the color)

Any advise on what I should and shouldn't do?

Thanks in advance!

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I believe u can mod the car to look like a GSR provided u maintain the original outlook and emblem.

peachmonkey

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
acbc said:
I believe u can mod the car to look like a GSR provided u maintain the original outlook and emblem.
Hrmm,could you clarify what you mean? The GSR has the mitsubishi emblem on the front grill but I didn't stick the red mitsubishi sticker. The rear end still looks like a wira however the front looks like a GSR.

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Strictly ... No Mitsubishi talks shall go to Proton Wira or other compatible versions. The outlook shall only be Wira .. no GSR/EVO facelifts, no matter if u change lancer lights and to act safe putting proton logo in the middle.

Think of so smart cheating enforcement? .. haha .. still ure car will be dragged into inspection of JPJ. I have gone thru this many time and i sold my GSR outlook and changed to Wira.

Anyway, wats wrong with Wira looks anyway and most of Proton cars i see carrying Mitsubishi facelift ... Why dont be smart save money and buy original than acting smart ;) ...

Cheers!

peachmonkey

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
sakuraguy said:
Strictly ... No Mitsubishi talks shall go to Proton Wira or other compatible versions. The outlook shall only be Wira .. no GSR/EVO facelifts, no matter if u change lancer lights and to act safe putting proton logo in the middle.

Think of so smart cheating enforcement? .. haha .. still ure car will be dragged into inspection of JPJ. I have gone thru this many time and i sold my GSR outlook and changed to Wira.

Anyway, wats wrong with Wira looks anyway and most of Proton cars i see carrying Mitsubishi facelift ... Why dont be smart save money and buy original than acting smart ;) ...

Cheers!
So basically your saying I'm screwed eh? Hahaha!

Hrmm, so when I go for the inspection on friday I will be asked to change my bumper to the original wira's set up? Hrmm,need to respray everything again. Heh, what a waste of cash. Made a wrong decision down the road.

Thanks anyway.

JacEK

500 RPM
Nov 7, 2005
Peachmonkey, it depends on ur luck bro. u might just get lucky and the officer only inspect ur headlamp.

i was once saman by JPJ and called for inspection on my ekzos due to illegal mod. when i was there, the officer only inspect my exhaust (change back to stock) and i was good to go :). FYI, my car was fully tinted black but nothing happen.

but the wira in front of me, was there for number plat inspection. but unfortunately, the Officer not only inspect the plat number, the officer check the interior, tear off the window tint and he has to go back for 2nd inspection. in other words, he will b getting more than 1 summon.

so, it depends on the officer bro.

tips: bring a cun chick with u during the inspection to attract his attention hehe...j/k bro.

peachmonkey

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
JacEK: Hahah! Cun chick eh? Hmm,have to start ringing up my girlfriends lah like that!
:p

Anyway,I'm tearing off my tint first before I go for inspection. Don't want to give anymore reason for the JPJ officials to 'cari pasal' with me. Hoping for the best and a miracle if that fails...

Btw, how much does it cost to register a car color change with JPJ? And do you need to bring in the car for inspection as well?

boosook

Known Member
Jul 14, 2005
Shah Alam
another thing to do is..find a fren that has a wira or putra or satria... change the bumper with him/her...after insp. change back... the tint u dun have to tear urself...if they check they will tear it for u...if they dun ur lucky..thats wat happened to me..they tear for me..hehehe

colour change dun need insp. i think? last time must la..but now i dun think so...

peachmonkey

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
boosook: Color change don't need inspection but still need to register right? Any cost involved?

Heh, I tore down my tint already. Didn't want to give them a chance to find more faults with my car and I don't trust that their handling of the windows :p

That's what I was thinking. If they do ask me to change the bumper, I would need to loan the full front set from a friend. Lamps, fender, hood and bumper. Lots of work if come to think of it.

Going to change the lamps in a bit. Than might go straight to JPJ for inspection. Wish me luck...

EjaT3000

Known Member
Mar 2, 2004
Yup, color change don't need inspection but still need to register and just F.O.C.
I do that for my car.

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
peachmonkey said:
So basically your saying I'm screwed eh? Hahaha!

Hrmm, so when I go for the inspection on friday I will be asked to change my bumper to the original wira's set up? Hrmm,need to respray everything again. Heh, what a waste of cash. Made a wrong decision down the road.

Thanks anyway.

hehe .. i had the same situation, got threatened to pay RM600 for the compund of body swap .. but managed to escape by doing some "rayuan" to the officer in-charge inside the cabin ..

Yes, must change back to stock wira for inspection and please remove any fancy stuffs from the lamps if u have (eg. coloured stickers) .. they do check everything .. bulbs, engine, horn and exhaust. They dont check on lowering the car because lowering is just increases the road holding and downforces .. my car is just 2 inch from the road ..

Good luck bro! .. hope u can share something after inspection and make the world out there to realise the reality .. :)

peachmonkey

Known Member
Jan 4, 2006
Back from JPJ!!

The officer in charge checked my lights (which I had changed back to the original color) and he said that they were ok. However his 'buddies' commented about my front bumper saying that I had 'tukar kepala'. Got asked if my car was a wira or a lancer. The guy also checked my engine and the serial number.

The officer than asked me to come into the main building with him to process the light inspection. He told me to change the bumper back but he didn't issue any letter or ask me to come back for any inspection. He also said 'pandai-pandai lah kamu' if I got caught next time.

Guess I was pretty lucky this time considering the fact that I did not register my car's color change yet.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

all sifu here, i m new here. is that who know what is the prosedure for transplant engine?is that we can take back the part belong to our own car after modified?normally how we know that they will use all the part of the halfcut, if they dint do as what they provide can we as them to do for us?10s lot guy.hope u can help me.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience