JPJ woes...

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
bcos its christmas + New year + Haji season.

I am using freaking loud exhaust, but i passed the puspakom test (of cos done by runner) if road block by JPJ surely be stop? how they define exhaust mod? i still can add on silencer if too loud.

btw, do JPJ officer accept "kopi" ? what's their rate?

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
Norns said:
lolz !!

Eh, wanna tumpang thread a while ...

jpj n police road block wad different arr ? so far i only kena police roadblock onli, they ask me show licensed n check road tax, then ask me go home jor :p

if i modify to big exhaust n lowered car, will kena tembak from roadblock arr ?? the police no do anythin to me oh ^^
i am driving for 14 yrs & been thru many blocks & all of my previous car's exhaust muffler has been changed to loud ones but i was never fined at any road block but.........2 days ago at a police road block they fined me for changing to loud exhaust(ubah suai eksos) , the block was near inti college in nilai & there were only 2 policemen wearing traffic uniforms & i guess they expected me to make some offer which i didn't......

1 month ago i was stopped at a jpj block but they didn't say a word....my headlamps are tinted dark , my car is fully tinted with gold dust color except front , the top of both my front & rear windreen is pasted with non see-thru total black tint & my exhaust is modified....the jpj guy just checked my roadtax only !!

LuKa

500 RPM
Jul 14, 2005
Kedah
JPJ officers n police are still human too... sumtimes they just close 1 eye if ur car is just a bit illegal... sum are strict from a-z, sum just wanna fill their summon quota, sum want to make extra cash... n sum just simply jealous n dunt like ur ride,n sum r just kind n informing u of ur mistakes n letting u go with no tickets

but.. basically.. if ur ride doesnt attract attention.. then they wont notice ur illegal mod...

too dark tints are illegal.. so make sure u can see the interior from outside the car.. that goes for both,police n jpj.. if its not dark n they can see ur facial expresion.. they wont even put the sunlight machine test thru ur window.. or ask u to go for inspection..

exhaust mods, has no prob if its big.. just make sure u have a few bullets to suppress the sound n a muffler is a must... the most illegal part about exaust mod.. is that u cross the piping under the Fuel Tank.. that is illegal and dangerous.. so make sure no straight flow under tank.. if u insist,then change the fuel tank to AWD types.. they cant charge u since the tank is design to fit a piping in between it..

to play safe with bumpers n body works.. just add a bit of skirts,lips,canard,defuser.. thats it.. or change to custom made bumpers for ur car.. like promote for protons.. at least it doesnt belong to other car makes, then u r safe.. usually lancer/evo bumper or front body will get in troble..

miirage bumper has less tendancy to get in trouble... maybe the design isnt much different n less attraction, but try not to use the Mirage ASti version.. it attracts attention..

headlights n rear lights are not allowed to be tinted black/red... if u wish to do so... u must make sure all the light will lite up as it is.. like signal:yellow,reverse/white,brake:red.. front head lamp must use normal stock yellow halogen bulb.. if u wish to change,make sure it is only white or stock yellow.. nothing more than that like blue,purple,too yellow n etc.. for either bulbs/HID

under carrieage lighting, indoor cabin lights,blinking,knight rider side to side n strobes are illegal, if its been lit during moving on road.. u can have em.. but make sure it is used stationary or non road use

car paint change u need to register.. it may not be important.. but on paper it is... for insurance claim, to make police report, n etc... there will be complications when it is differ from the paper

n dont forget.. if ur car is dirty n bringing the dirt to the road.. they have the rights to give u a ticket... dont be surprise.. usually dirty lorry's with dirt n soil will get em..

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
nice info..thanks Luka..

i always dream to put knight rider light at my front hood... but now..cry..cry..

avaultz

Known Member
Apr 7, 2006
hmm...

some of them just gila kuasa ma...

but guys.... if use promote bumper sure got no prob passing jpj inspection rite..

but how bout those new brand bumper n bonet?? sumthing call Vid design??? hope my spelling is rite...
is use this type of bumper will kena tangkap or not?

planning to change to this brand la...

Lord_darkslide

Known Member
Oct 19, 2005
since we r in the subject... any1 have experience wit carbon fibre (resprayed or not) bonnet at jpj blocks???

thanks

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
the spray itself wouldn't get u in trouble; but the look itself would get them suspicious to check more stuffs..
really....all this blocks and things depends on luck.
I got stopped in front of 3K AMW during a night time JPJ operation before hari raya. Stopped at the road side; the inspector checked my 6K HID, open up my bonnet (nuthin much) somemore asked me whether or not turbo. I just happily said original...
Than he asked me to leave. While leaving, he took a peek at my exhaust...damn I'm scared. But he just usher me off.
BUT
after 1 week; I dun even dare to drive to work so took LRT. One fine noon, my friend borrowed my car. Than how unlucky, got blocked in a JPJ operation somemore. This time, the officer threaten to tow the car back to puspakom. But they can't seem to pin point the "kesalahan"..
First say exhaust muffler big; than say my front 12inch big tint, somemore later say it's my "thermal wrapped" extractor! (really stupid) Luckily my friend's father called my friend and somehow the father know someone inside....so settled by my friend.
That's why I say it all depends on luck!
Being through also polis operation my car also passed...
But usually when I saw one, I'll try to get out of it lar....save trouble.

KSL

500 RPM
Nov 6, 2004
Subang
Visit site
sighs... jpj = uselss

Elmo_X

Known Member
Aug 8, 2006
sorry off topic awhile
im asking behalf of my friend ,he doing BOT on 4G15
when passing road blocks will he be block??

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
Elmo_X said:
sorry off topic awhile
im asking behalf of my friend ,he doing BOT on 4G15
when passing road blocks will he be block??
He can cut the stock Benwara muffler (which is quite big already) and connect it to his piping. Then use a front-side-mount intercooler and spray it black. The more stock the car looks the higher the chances of getting through.

G161Z OHV©

Known Member
Jan 25, 2004
Catcity
Can anyone help me with this? Im using full 3 ince with Big 4.5 ince MULUT Exhaust n the bubble sound very loud.. i was wondering can i pass the roadblock? im using Subaru Forester.. or can i just say that the exhaust come with the car?

another thing is my car also come with the black glass at the side n rear.. i hav the puspakom test glass result with all pass. can i just show it to them when they tahan me n go? anyone experience this before? too many JPJs N Police roadblock now

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Bring your documents along if u confirm they already approved ur tint n all ...

Don't be scared of the JPJ if u really have the documents, screw them man if they still wanna bully you.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
buble sound is the sound of subaru......wohoooo!!

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
LOL .. bubble forever ...? :biggrin: i like two bubbles ... muahHAHAhahahaa

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Currently using evo twin pot + ebc green stuff need to change to aftermarket brake disc rotor (slit) endless , project mu, dba. Which 1 has the highest C/P upgrade from stock disc rotor and which brake pad to pair with. Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience