What the hell is wrong with JPJ ?!

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
Alright, here's the deal.

I'm in the process of buying a car (stock, local), as it is compulsory to have it inspected by Puspakom, the used car fella insured me that there will be no problems because the car is all standard.

According to the fella, it will take a day, most 2 days. He said Puspakom was not able to read the engine number properly, apparently there was some "dirt" on it. So why couldn't they just...oh I dont know, clean it?.

So Puspakom directed the used car fella to go to JPJ to get some sort of letter. A week later, JPJ said the letter is ready. But the used car fella said he "cant get an appointment" with the JPJ..wtf? Is this complete bullshit? Is the JPJ not happy that they are no longer getting "ang pow" on a regular basis?

Anyone else run into this problem before, first time I'v heard it, and I'm experiencing it first hand.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Excel,
Looks like the car dealer is just plain screwed. Any chance of you getting your dough back and buying the car else where? If chances are good that you'll get your dough back, buy it else where. Else, give `em hell! hahaha

eshamz

Apr 7, 2008
I think the problem came from the car dealer not JPJ or puspakom......I myself few times sent my car and my friend car to puspakom for inspection and the service is about half an hour....no problem with puspakom so far....why the car dealer want to set appointment with the JPJ....if the car and the engine is in stock condition just walk in jer laaaa bro........no need apointment....unless the engine is already convert or in "ROJAK" condition.......I myself never set an apointment with JPJ just walk in jer....

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
I think the problem came from the car dealer not JPJ or puspakom......I myself few times sent my car and my friend car to puspakom for inspection and the service is about half an hour....no problem with puspakom so far....why the car dealer want to set appointment with the JPJ....if the car and the engine is in stock condition just walk in jer laaaa bro........no need apointment....unless the engine is already convert or in "ROJAK" condition.......I myself never set an apointment with JPJ just walk in jer....

Totally agreed with eshamz, the car u're buying "might" have problem.

That's no way the engine number cannot be seen. For ur information, last time i used to think that the MR2 engine number is really... really... & extremely hard to see. and when i brought my MR2 to puspakom for inspection when i about to sell it, those puspakom guys got it done in 15mins.

why don't u ask the dealer take the car and go to puspakom one more time together with u. Tell him u wan to see the inspection urself. (If he refuse and gives u lots of stupid reason then u have to becareful on the deal) Also, make sure the engine number matches the one printed at the car registeration card one. (if possible ask the puspakom guys to show u also, u have the right to know as u're the new owner/ buyer)

What if the car that u're going to buy is a "Joint" car, and the dealer is trying to "settle" the problems with the JPJ or puspakom guys. (this is a real case scenario) Careful when u're buying a car. Good luck.

Last edited:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
I've only paid a small down payment..but this way too much of an inconvenience. Took me a good long time to find a suitable car, now thinking of looking for another, headache.

Let say it get sorted (eventually). With all the proper paper with the corresponding numbers all match on paper & on the car, then all will be well right? Wont encounter problems in the future?

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
*touch wood* if your car is a joint car..then in the future you will have problem selling it. (Did u bring ur mechanic to check on the car before u pay d/p?)

As for your engine number, if it matches the one printed on the car registration card then it will be fine. Mind telling what car u're buying?? does it come with a moded engine?

Last edited:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
*touch wood* if your car is a joint car..then in the future you will have problem selling it. (Did u bring ur mechanic to check on the car before u pay d/p?)

As for your engine number, if it matches the one printed on the car registration card then it will be fine. Mind telling what car u're buying?? does it come with a moded engine?
I didnt bring a mechanic, but I sort of know what to look for in a "cut & joint" car. No welding anywhere near the door, door sills, a-pillar, fender...body panels looks straight, gaps look even as well. Did I miss anything?

Its just a standard Proton with 1 prior lady owner.

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
Ohh i see. But make sure the car doesn't involve in major car accident. To be honest, i myself don't really know how to see whether its a joint car. Therefore, most of the time i'll bring the workshop guy together with me when buying a car. :) Again...all the best on your new ride man! :)

nokia

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
Well, there must some problem there on that car. Just leave it and ask for refund else choose another car.

The puspakom checking is very simple.
For name transfer, they just check the chasis (joint car), Chasis code and engine code. They dun care the car can run or not. Oh ya.. tinted. They ask u to remove it on the spot.
I even see b 4 the car is towing to do inspection. (old car for restoration)

The process is about half an hour or less, but the q to wait for your turn take more then that.
Total charge is RM45. Jpj charge RM105 for name transfer. (amount not accurate, but its about there)

Here is my experience which i see b 4,
1) Car been towed to puspakom do inspection for name transfer.
2) Joint car, the puspakom took half an hour to remove seat, pillar cover, go under the car to check everything. Once the confirm its joint car, then they will suspend it and owner cant bring back the car. And long stories goes on.
3) Approved with terms. The car have accident b 4, some pillar, bell housing is joint or re-weld. This car must send for safety checking, have record in puspakom in terms of getting approval. If there is no record in puspakom, then they will request u to do safety checking 1st b 4 approved for name transfer.
4) Tinted. Some of the car have heavy tinted. In terms of getting approval, the owner must tear it off on the spot in puspakom. Of coz, sumtimes i can see some car just walk away with it.

Please refer to puspakom website for further details. This may help.

I suggest u walk in to puspakom with the car dealer. So u can understand the whole story.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
I guess I'll have to let go of this one,.. :banghead: Back to searching..

Apparently one digit on the engine number cant be see on the car (wtf?), my guess, an accident caused other parts to hit the engine or something.

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site
that's weird...How did u notice the 1 digit engine number disappear?
That was the start of the problems. Puspakom said cant see the serials clearly, told to go to JPJ for some paperwork. Then on the day suppose to collect, say cant get appointment :banghead:. Next day pulak say the guy that suppose to sign all the papers are not in pulak.. If drag on like this, dont know what else excuse I will hear.. So the people can go fly kites, I take my business somewhere else.

Fed up la

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
puspakom inspection wont take so long with all proper document

just sent my car to endorse engine,with noisy muffler,noisy clucth,heavy tinted.only tinted not pass,so buang the tinted on the spot.kaotim..

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006

just sent my car to endorse engine,with noisy muffler,noisy clucth,heavy tinted.only tinted not pass,so buang the tinted on the spot.kaotim..
fuiyyyooo noisy clutch sia....power!!:burnout:

ExceL

1,500 RPM
Jan 6, 2004
Ampang/KL
Visit site

that's alarming :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

?

Want to find the clear type one....

i know whoever do the CF bonnet will cover the top with this item..

but i dono where to find this item la???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience