Install trumpet inside plenum. Any difference???

alan_ee90

Known Member
Oct 4, 2009
cheras
actually is not recomended to use high cam, now a lot modification is not using high cam la, bcs the timing will not stable also, but if got ppl use it then timing still stable pls let me know. and then better to keep the vvt......actually if u need performance a lot thing u can do....

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
Hai to all,
I'm thinking to install trumpet on my engine (AE111 BT) but dont know which type should I choose coz I'm planning to put the trumpet into my plenum...coz I've scouting and there are 2 types..which 1 can be fitted nicely into stock plenum w/o any modification...thnx

Attachments

nappx

2,000 RPM
Sep 13, 2005
kLaNG-kEy_tEE
if want to use trumpet inside plenum..onle short type & medium length can be used also..
it depend on length..

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
I think for BT 2" long trumpet should be just nice as anything longer will cause air intake starvation. I believe using IMEC 1" trumpet should also improve responsiveness as well.
Also note that the trumpet mouth type and length also plays major role in improving the air intake velocity.
Basically I just DIY the trumpets by modifying stainless steels cups which were welded into the flange... hehe

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
actually is not recomended to use high cam, now a lot modification is not using high cam la, bcs the timing will not stable also, but if got ppl use it then timing still stable pls let me know. and then better to keep the vvt......actually if u need performance a lot thing u can do....
u can't play with vtecs without high cams. fyi, 272 cams still give stable idling. u won't go FAR without cams. that's the most obvious HP gains compared to other mods (except BOT). u need another piggyback or standalone to further fine tune ur cams settings. just my 2 cents:smokin:

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
hmm..but,how we know that the trumpet height coz normally seller didnt give the details on the dimension?if we buy then it wont fit, then it a waste&need to send to the machine shop..IMEC trumpet that I've saw, normally the pricetag is bout 400++ wor,lot xpensive than the aluminium or alloy trumpet:hmmmm2:

j_l200s

Dec 16, 2004
hmm..but,how we know that the trumpet height coz normally seller didnt give the details on the dimension?if we buy then it wont fit, then it a waste&need to send to the machine shop..IMEC trumpet that I've saw, normally the pricetag is bout 400++ wor,lot xpensive than the aluminium or alloy trumpet:hmmmm2:
It will not fit if the tapak is different. BT trumpet cannot fit SVT tb and vice-versa. That's the only issue of 'cannot fit' that i can think of.
regarding the length, u can ask the seller to measure for u. shouldn't be a hassle if the seller wanna do business.

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
pcmoddingmy: interesting with your DIY. can u show us the step?
Basically u just need 4 pieces of stainless steel cups, can get them from any indian shops near masjid jamek or brickfields or any other shops selling indian cookware n stuff like that. Various sizes available from 2" all the way to 4". Then for the flange, u can try to source them from exhaust pipe shops or CNC them if you have a fren working with CNC machine. To get the flange dimension, you can either go to chopshops/workshops to measure it (look for BT ITB) but note that BT and SVT ITB has different sizes. Don't use the rubber trumpet that comes stock with the ITB because the diameter is smaller than the actual ITB's mouth.
Then once you have the SS cups and flange, just need to weld them together and cut the bottom part of the cup. You can also use super strong glue (JB weld) to glue the cups to the flange but the result might not be nice for your eyes, unless you don't plan to showoff ur trumpet to your buddies I guess it doesn't matter how it looks if its inside the plenum...as long it does its job right.
Happy DIYing!

Mouse

Known Member
Jul 29, 2007
Kelantan
Thanks a lot! will do it tomorrow...
the flange will make it at friend shop..

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
firstly the sound from the 'open' trumpets is 'sweet'.
its function is to improve the 'flow' characteristics into the engine.
The actual gain is marginal except @ wide open throttle-without air filter restriction.
If installed inside plenum should use shorter trumpets lest the clearance from plenum body actually restricts air flow.As pcmoddingmy indicated you got to match diameter of trumpet to ITB.
It does not affect FC-usually its driver 'foot happy' becoz of the sound..hehe
Coupled with high compression pistons and high cams is when it actually gives a significant advantage.

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
That's why I'm so eager to install the trumpet coz wanna feel myself how 'sssswwwwweeeettttt' the sound is....later,might be poisoned by sifu2 to be one who had a 'heavy-footed disease'...hehehe....but,I've read from the previous thread that open trumpet is not advisable coz the dust and harsh particles could enter into the engine same goes to the owner who use a subaru-like bonnet cos when in a rainy day, water could enter the engine via the trumpet.....hmmm,need to think very very wisely when imaging all these thing could happen:hmmmm:...sory aaa if I'm so talkative

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, I'm not sure if I open this at the correct section, if no, Mod pls let me know. =)

This is the seller:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/exterior-and-body/368407-rx7-re-amemiya-bodykit.html

1 or 2 years ago i contacted him for Gt wing and rear bumper, and i met an accident where my custom rear bumper koyak d, to avoid hassle and save time, i decided to get a plug and play bumper from him, but when i call him this morning, the phone number changed owner...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience