Walbro installed for stock BT

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
Hie all,

i've installed Walbro fuel pump for my stock BT auto. after i installed it, my car full tank onli can run 300km top. compare to before can run more than 400km full tank. izzt too much for stock BT auto? i m thinking of changing bak to stock fuel pump or any suggestion can forummers advice me.
thx.

E6XLancer

Known Member
May 2, 2010
1 Malaysia
A fuel regulator must be install after you changing to Walbro pump...im also get same problems like you after going with Walbro pump last 3 months...im sets 2.3 bar on my SARD regulator & now fuel running too much save & powerful...mines also A/T...:biggrin:

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
You need emanage to tune it
i m planning to install Unichip. but budget not enough at the moment.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

A fuel regulator must be install after you changing to Walbro pump...im also get same problems like you after going with Walbro pump last 3 months...im sets 2.3 bar on my SARD regulator & now fuel running too much save & powerful...mines also A/T...:biggrin:
u mean now with SARD regulator, save fuel & powerful? full tank can go how much km? thx
by the way, any other brand other than SARD?

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Actually what's the purpose of installing Walbro fuel pump on your "stock" BT?
The stock fuel pump is insufficient for the fuel supply?

As stated above, its recommended to install an adjustable fuel regulator since you've upgraded the fuel pump.

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006

As stated above, its recommended to install an adjustable fuel regulator since you've upgraded the fuel pump.
before install walbro, i got the problem = more than 50% throttle my car will stall like 1 to 2 sec (feels like no fuel coming). then onli the power will start coming. ask the mech to check here n there cant solve the problem. so i try search in the internet n saw in a forum which they had a problem similar to mine, solution change the fuel pump or fuel pump filter. at tat time, i have no 2nd hand ae101 fuel pump. so decide to get the walbro. tat how the story goes.
but after install the walbro, i din know the fuel consumption so high. mech recommend me get a piggybak to tune, but no budget. rite now cannot tahan already. so seek for advice

20V Trumpeteer

Known Member
Jan 2, 2010
Kedah
As u've said u didnt have enough budget to opt for piggyback, then opt for FPR 1st to reduce the fuel waste...mine also have similar prob b4...beginning with change the fuel pump,fuel filter, install FPR, pour injector cleaner but yet still have the 'chocking' feeling...later cannot tahan edy, take out the engine to do full overhaul and till now, problem solved...that's my experience...it's also part of the learning experience to know more bout ur ride

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006

I'm using a 1JZ fuel pump on my BT auto. I did feel the difference in responsiveness as compared to the fuel pump that came with the halfcut when I changed to the 1JZ pump.

However, I do not have a FPR fitted coz the tuner said no need wor...:confused:

For town driving, I also can get only about 330 km/tankful but if outstation driving decently, can get about 480 km/tankful. Quoted for RON 95. When I was using RON 97, the mileage was even better.

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
As u've said u didnt have enough budget to opt for piggyback, then opt for FPR 1st to reduce the fuel waste...mine also have similar prob b4...beginning with change the fuel pump,fuel filter, install FPR, pour injector cleaner but yet still have the 'chocking' feeling...later cannot tahan edy, take out the engine to do full overhaul and till now, problem solved...that's my experience...it's also part of the learning experience to know more bout ur ride
just installed the Works FPR, coz no stock for SARD & TOMEI. RM430 includes hose, meter..... watever needed. the pressure is just below 3 bar. my mech try adjust down but seems cannot aledi. so i will just have to wait n c wats the result comes out after a few days of driving.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

I'm using a 1JZ fuel pump on my BT auto. I did feel the difference in responsiveness as compared to the fuel pump that came with the halfcut when I changed to the 1JZ pump.

However, I do not have a FPR fitted coz the tuner said no need wor...:confused:

For town driving, I also can get only about 330 km/tankful but if outstation driving decently, can get about 480 km/tankful. Quoted for RON 95. When I was using RON 97, the mileage was even better.
mine onli drive in penang. Was using Shell RON97 since then.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
:listen: Forgot to mention that my BT is fitted with a piggyback already; e-manage blue.

nicholas1007

500 RPM
Mar 20, 2006
:listen: Forgot to mention that my BT is fitted with a piggyback already; e-manage blue.
With ignition n injector setting? My mech recommend me Unichip with a custom extra switch to switch from using 95 n 97.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Nice... Where did u buy that walbro ? Mine to share.. Wanna buy too.. But takut tak ori.. Kindly advice... Thanks
I bot it in Penang. Northern Garage

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Had done my exhaust and open pod in speedwork, not really happy with the craftsmanship, they are even terrible than wei yip.

Get to main point, I had some question here. The exhaust setting they give me was like this
it was a straight flow, and I dunno why, I`m a automatic transmission. They said i`m using open pod, so I should use straight flow.

Anyway, The exhaust system by speedwork are using stainless steel piping and extractor only, the muffler and resonator part are metal spray...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience