Install trumpet inside plenum. Any difference???

Sil80-13

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2009
Hi sifus,

Plan to install trumpet for my BT engine but will install back with the plenum as well. Is there any difference compare to standard?

Any difference in sound even I install the trumpet with plenum as well? And better response & power?

Need your kind advice. Thanks.

feliccw

Jan 24, 2007
hi,

i did that b4 with my BT 20v, well.....there is difference......
1. You wont gain alot of HP(without tuning)
2. Engine is a bit raw(noisy) like tsuchiya's AE....
3. Ur rev will be able rev up fast fast especially 4-7K rpm
4. Ur low end torque will suffered.....
5. Best to combined with it open pod filter like K&N

I guess it is quite close to open trumpet, yet more user friendly for the street. No harm to giv it a try. I had my fair shares of experience with this mod, yet i still find keeping it stock will be more suitable for my driving style.

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
You won't gain much of it.... waste money project only...
Unless you got higher piston compression and high cam... then only you can feel it help... or else with using stock engine, it was waste... FC also will turn high, car will cloak, engine very noisy, some more engine bay also will dirty, and even at raining day also engine running not smooth.

stock BT engine + ARC intake box + Tom carbon fiber induction box + Open pod = will get better result than you install the Trumpet

Last edited:

anuar_fadzli

500 RPM
May 10, 2005
kl
You won't gain much of it.... waste money project only...
Unless you got higher piston compression and high cam... then only you can feel it help... or else with using stock engine, it was waste... FC also will turn high, car will cloak, engine very noisy, some more engine bay also will dirty, and even at raining day also engine running not smooth.

stock BT engine + ARC intake box + Tom carbon fiber induction box + Open pod = will get better result than you install the Trumpet
is it very high or just little bro(FC). how bout car thet only use cam pulley. is it worth to used this project

dreamboy

500 RPM
Sep 18, 2005
penang
is it very high or just little bro(FC). how bout car thet only use cam pulley. is it worth to used this project
Hi, Using adjustable cam pulley is depent on what setting you like, either better low end power or better high rev power. FC is depent on your right foot also:biggrin: ....he he

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hi, Using adjustable cam pulley is depent on what setting you like, either better low end power or better high rev power. FC is depent on your right foot also:biggrin: ....he he
No... Same styling with driving... The FC will turn high as well...
Using cam pulley only is just fine tune our engine... Not much different too

dreamboy

500 RPM
Sep 18, 2005
penang
With the trumpet the rpm clim after 5k shoot very fast to rev limit loo.........the sound Vrooogggoooorrr Vtec killer sound......wah damn syok looo heheh.....

Last edited:

anuar_fadzli

500 RPM
May 10, 2005
kl
just install, what i feel pick up much better but top is drop from before. fc same like before. just not doing any tuning. plug and play oni

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
ya sound difference.... i'm using short red trumpet in side BT plenum, driver side trumpet have to cut a bit to fit in the plenum. more roaring power... :biggrin: