Honda Civic FD2 VS Toyota Camry VS Honda Accord

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
No pulling out now. You challenged me and you're gonna go through it. Stock vs stock. And if you think an ancient tech 1.8 is going to have anything on the equally ancient 2.0/2.4/2.5 you're dead wrong man.
But my very ancient 2.0 can whoop the 2.4. He need to soup his up....hahahhahahhaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

thats the best fc even when cruising on highway?
imho:
for 2.0 vs 2.4, the difference in speed is not numerically significant.
what significant is how quick ot can get there.
Yup, 2.0 also can get to that speed but slower to reach it.....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But my very ancient 2.0 can whoop the 2.4. He need to soup his up....hahahhahahhaha:biggrin:

Yup, 2.0 also can get to that speed but slower to reach it.....:biggrin:
Ya, my ancient 1.8L can whoop the ancient 2.0 too. Did that with another friend's car. :biggrin:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Are you kidding?

"No replacement for displacement"

Anyway, speed wise it all depends on the car itself. Some have speed limiters to 180 or more. My own 2.0 can quite easily hit top speed. I'm sure 2.4/2.5 will be equally easy. The larger the displacement, the less effort the car needs to trundle along. But don't expect good FC the bigger the car. A 2L car will have at best 10km/L to 12km/L at most. Expect less for a larger CC car.

I believe the quote you were looking for was...bigger is better.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Mine is ancient 4 spd AT, yours is already modern tech with CVT and newer than mine :biggrin:
Never gonna pull out, i was challenged by u leh :rofl:

Teana I think with the right bodykit will look good, somehow I feel that Teana would whoop Camry's ass
But even more ancient 1.6 litre 4A-GE in light bodies like AE101, AE111, AE92 can somehow challenge these heavy 2.0 and 2.4 litre wor. :rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But even more ancient 1.6 litre 4A-GE in light bodies like AE101, AE111, AE92 can somehow challenge these heavy 2.0 and 2.4 litre wor. :rofl:
Ya, even my 1.8L no match for it. Take Altzza 2.0L 3SGE Beams for example, also can take on many higher cc cars.

So not really no replacement for displacement geh hehe!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Ya, even my 1.8L no match for it. Take Altzza 2.0L 3SGE Beams for example, also can take on many higher cc cars.

Displacement does matter if other factors like cam setting and compression doesn't come into calculations. All those old Toyota VVT engines are designed with aggressive cam settings to make them rev into high rpm while producing enough power. Newer engines all leaned towards better FC and emissions.

If want to talk about throttle body and valves, 4A-GE Silvertop and Blacktop also win many newer engines already. 4 throttle with 5 valves per cylinder. :adore:

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Displacement does matter if other factors like cam setting and compression doesn't come into calculations. All those old Toyota VVT engines are designed with aggressive cam settings to make them rev into high rpm while producing enough power. Newer engines all leaned towards better FC and emissions.

If want to talk about throttle body and valves, 4A-GE Silvertop and Blacktop also win many newer engines already. 4 throttle with 5 valves per cylinder. :adore:
agreed on the tuning of newer engine.
experienced the latest civic 1.8.
even slamming the paddle with econ mode off,it feels like pushing a kancil.
the engine seems to be very reluctant to rev and go fast.
the ride is oso jittery.
my engine debut in 1998 and the difference is huge even mine had clock 180k km.
of course the newest engine has better fc as mine is not as complicated.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
the ride is oso jittery.
You're using Honda engine? It can't be helped. Newer engine nowadays are not focusing on response or power. Many are using drive by wire throttle as well.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
the ride is oso jittery.
That slow even on 1.8 new civic? Hmmm...that day only one hybrid 1.5L civic struggling to keep up it seems. Tried to catch up with me but wasn't playing along I just want to get home soon.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
You're using Honda engine? It can't be helped. Newer engine nowadays are not focusing on response or power. Many are using drive by wire throttle as well.
nope,it was my friend ride.
so u can keep on guessing abt the secret abt my ride...hahaha

even if the newer engine has the power on paper.
it does not seems to translate on the drive

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

"Challenge" = ? Drag race? Top speed? Street driving?

Give me a 3.0 Teana over a Altis anytime. And if you're gonna start talking about turbo like Mr-wise-guy-vr2turbo then I might as well bring in Rotary to the talk.

Anyway, we're digressing, Back to TS topic

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
in term of reliability,does the accord is the same as camry?
if yes then nomal maintenance is the same cost.
so in general,maintenance is the same.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
in term of reliability,does the accord is the same as camry?
if yes then nomal maintenance is the same cost.
so in general,maintenance is the same.
I think Toyota parts are slightly cheaper than Honda. Well says those who own both T and H before.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Give me a 3.0 Teana over a Altis anytime. And if you're gonna start talking about turbo like Mr-wise-guy-vr2turbo then I might as well bring in Rotary to the talk.

No bro, 4AGE and 3SGE Beams still NA ma...:biggrin: no turbo.
(3.0L vs 1.8L Altis how to compete...at least match against IS250 F Sport 2.5L V6 ma :rolleyes: )

Ya ya back to topic :biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
nope,it was my friend ride.
so u can keep on guessing abt the secret abt my ride...hahaha

even if the newer engine has the power on paper.
it does not seems to translate on the drive
Probably due to the weight of these newer cars and better sound insulation. Although you are going fast, but it doesn't feel fast. That could be the reason.

I think Teana only got 2.0, 2.5 and 3.5... 3.5 using VQ35DE

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think Toyota parts are slightly cheaper than Honda. Well says those who own both T and H before.

Ya ya back to topic :biggrin:
Maintenance cost is only one of the thing. Best still is for TS to test drive all three option and see which he prefers to drive. Cheaper maintenance but don't like driving it also a problem....:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bros,i just put semi lock lsd in my gb and having prob to find drive shaft left & right.
Any ideas from what kinds of drive shaft i can use similar with E3 semi lsd drive shaft.Tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience