Reasons Not to buy Honda City.

AutoBlackie

Known Member
Jul 16, 2004
I've a fren always praise his City. What does Vios have to say bout this? Vios is so straight, no CVT EPS and nice stuff to attract and no "fun" factor. However, Honda from feedback, not so durable. Man I'm torn between these arguaments.
Wat IS THIS after 2 YEAR on the ROAD still no clear winner???? :lol:

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
Wow.. this is very subjective matter I would say, that's why until today there is no clear winner.

I agree on the outlook part, Vios does look more handsome. But one thing I don't like is, it has a very small cabin. The passenger legroom really need more space.
Honda some how is more generous in term of legroom and cabin design.

AutoBlackie

Known Member
Jul 16, 2004
Toyota really long lasting la. CVT already got some what, start clutch problems. Aiya if no such thing I can see it as a clear winner le ......
Ah but then, Honda City = Fun.....really confused. Can't they make nice looking, durable and fun car meh!!!

DJmobile

500 RPM
Dec 13, 2003
from my opinion, vios is a winner compared to city..
B)

Jasper

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
www.skype.com
from a person that drive a honda i still think VIOS looks nice with TRD bodykit and all .. for City nehhh honda designer nowdays well what i can say getting worst :(

engine wise .. hehhehe dunno

quottro

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
Klang Valley
Visit site
and well...that practically reduces the power lost at the transmission for the vios..hence, a more responsive ride with better handlin'....yet the only drawback would be the shorter legroom compared to the city....width is about the same...

however, not forgettin' the city VTEC is about 60 to 80 kg heavier than the vios...

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
CIty <--- what we called " kereta terbalik...the back can be front n the front can be the back...look wierd maaaa..."

Viios <--- nice to see, nice too hold, once make ur heart broken, considered sold...heeeee

AutoBlackie

Known Member
Jul 16, 2004
LOOKS = Vios
HANDLING = Vios
SOUND INSULATION = Vios
ENGINE MUSCLE = Vios
RELIABLE = Vios ( as compared to some CITY's probs with CVT start clutch)
WIFE approval Factor = VIOS

CABIN SPACE = CITY
FUEL CONSUMPTION = CITY
POWER AT WHEELS = CITY ( thanks to CVT) but about the same as Vios
PRICE = CITY (for 2 ABS, EBD)
FUN = CITY (7-speed squential gear changes..nice)

Have a freind with Civic 1.7. Can't chase CITY iDSI when going up hill (Gentings), thanks to CVT effectively keeping the car in good powerband all the time. No lag like conventional auto when gear shifts cause CVT don't shift.
But then what good if it is not durable? :huh:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
i know of people who buy cars because of the marque's reputation. Some on friends recommendations. Some like to be one of the "jones's".

Dman, many guys like City cause "honda". and pick up wise, it pretty good. (sat in friend's city)

Well, you know Toyota very conservative in specs and they prefer "longer lasting impression" in overall ownership.

at least it not a Plotong

Master D

Known Member
Nov 26, 2004
KL/JB
Visit site
I think that the dampering on the City is slightly better than that of the Vios....

But one thing I cant stand is the City's friggin UGLY butt.....no offence to all you Honda blokes but the designer really went out of his way to screw the outlook of the car man! :lol: :o :P

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The second part of Japfest '11, to be frank, this event is so huge, it's really hard for one person to cover everything. You have to be here yourself to know what I actually mean. But i figured, i'd just to snap whatever that i found interesting and experienced muscle strain the next day due to the physical stress just walking around the circuit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience