car cannot start

alantan350

Known Member
Apr 5, 2007
my car ae111, stock engine, when after the car drive for a long time, turn off the engine for a rest, then want to start again it cannot start. it is new battery, got click click sound but look like no power enough to start the engine, any sifu here got this experience before? what wrong with this? i already add a starter relay still the same.

ttom

Oct 11, 2005
seem like your starter motor carbon brushes has worn out.

kelvinyong83kh

Nov 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
this experience seem like similar to ya case last week !!!! .... actually added relay not use ... coz im facing the problem and added relay also ... the result still the same thing ...... you have to changed the starter seem you said got click click sound but look like no power enough to start the engine.. remember ... the starter have to get back from workshop if you wan it ... coz it can be repair 1 ......

IketaniX

Known Member
Dec 8, 2008
JB
if there's no starting sound(the engine turning sound),
try use a tool/stick to knock the starter motor a few times (below the intake manifold) and try again,
if it can start after doing tat,
high possibility your starter almost KO d,
have to change asap...

if still cant be started,
suspect to be alternator prob as batt nt charged properly till it run out power...

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
sh!t...my car also wont start...
standard ae101 engine with afr...

it can crank but wont start...dem...
it seems like fuel prob...is it fuel pump?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
For AE101 (20V and SEG) and AE111 SEG, if one fine day your car can crank but can't start, check your ECU first before proceed to change this and that.
It will save you from unnecessary spending.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
how to check ECU ar?hehehe....sorry noob...

i tried already to take out the battery terminal...to try reset...but still fail to start...

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
to check ecu, must take it out and open up to see whether got any leaks/burnt components inside....

then ask sifu wong whether still repairable or not....:D

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
how to check ECU ar?hehehe....sorry noob...

i tried already to take out the battery terminal...to try reset...but still fail to start...
The ECU is located right under the car radio. You need to unfold the carpet at the driver side, unplug the 3 socket, unscrew the bolt before you can pull it out. Its a bit chellenge.
Where is your location?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

to check ecu, must take it out and open up to see whether got any leaks/burnt components inside....

Tks Adeen,
So far AE101/AE111 4AFE/GE are 100% recoverable. But if it is AE101 GZE, then it really depends on owners luck. Or i should say, how fast the owner response when the car is giving a signal of having problem.

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
The ECU is located right under the car radio. You need to unfold the carpet at the driver side, unplug the 3 socket, unscrew the bolt before you can pull it out. Its a bit chellenge.
Where is your location?

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Tks Adeen,
So far AE101/AE111 4AFE/GE are 100% recoverable. But if it is AE101 GZE, then it really depends on owners luck. Or i should say, how fast the owner response when the car is giving a signal of having problem.

thanks adeen and sifu wong.

my car is now at my hometown in klang...my bro bring his fren to check the other day, pomen said fuel pump need to be change...now waiting for my salary to source a good fuel pump... :banghead:

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
confirm fuel pump not good ar...??
coz my ae92 supercas last time also like dat....
i changed fuel pump(becoz no fuel in rail when key@start)....
then found out that fuel pump has no power....
i did direct wiring to on button of the car and settle la...
so my ae92 supercharger fuel pump sitting at home dunno wat to do with it...
better u check carefully......(if not can take my fuel pump cheap2...hahaha)

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
confirm fuel pump not good ar...??
coz my ae92 supercas last time also like dat....
i changed fuel pump(becoz no fuel in rail when key@start)....
then found out that fuel pump has no power....
i did direct wiring to on button of the car and settle la...
so my ae92 supercharger fuel pump sitting at home dunno wat to do with it...
better u check carefully......(if not can take my fuel pump cheap2...hahaha)
o... :adore: then i will have it cek again when haf time...bz wif work lately.
and since this ol skool car is rarely driven...i tink its gonna take some time sitting at the parking for a while.huhuhu!

Adeen

2,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2006
kl
If no fuel is coming:
1) check fuel pump relay
2) check fuel pump
yup....true....
i think i had a wiring problem since I bought a fuel pump relay but still didn't solve the problem...
darn it...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys.. Gong Xi Fa Chai & happy holidays to all..

I really need a favor.. Would be glad if anyone can help me out here.. A real pening kepala case. I have a perdana sei which was converted to Mit. eterna v6 n/a.

The engine kaput already so last week i sent for another change of engine. This time i bought original perdana v6 (brand new) engine. The foreman did all that was necessary and pasang semula evrtg.

The problem now is we cant seem to start the engine. Since the engine is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience