Another SVT problem

SilentSeeker

Jun 20, 2010
Kuching
Hello to all members here,

I shall have a brief intro here since i haven't properly make an introduction at the newbies section. Am from Kuching Sarawak and bought an ee100 with SVT auto in it two n half years back. My knowledge on car was somewhat a bit above beginner level. :)

This problem occurred to me three weeks back. I was driving and then suddenly the car keep on having this misfire sound coming from the exhaust and my RPM went bonkers, when i lift of my pedal fully the car engine went dead. When i start the engine again it runs but RPM bonkers, kept on having misfire and black smoke coming out from the exhaust.

I manage to get it home some how and i notice when this "event" occur my RPM will only reach 2k even with my pedal fully stepped down. If i put it to N (free) the RPM will go bonkers :stupid: (up and down up and down if no step on will stale)

Within this 3 weeks this problem come and go. At best 2 days no event. I've clean my throttle bodies, AFM, ISCV and whatever that can be cleaned up to my knowledge. So far only left o2 sensor (saw the wire got a bit scar when i change exhaust) and ECU haven't check.

So far the mods made are: ( they came along when i bought the car)
1. Spark cables, red ones (dunno brand)
2. Iridium spark plugs
3. A gearbox oil cooler
the rest quite stock.

After reading for 2 weeks in ZTH i finally decide to post this trouble up and hope for guidance from all fellow members here. I sincerely hope that it wasn't the ECU. Am under quite heavy budget constraint. All help are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

edit: This 3 days one more new thing i notice, this event occurs more in the morning when i first start my car (still driving it daily cos only 1 car). Second or third time i start it won't happen but sometimes it does.

Last edited:

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
Try swap your ECU with others and give it a try. Just a quick test.

SilentSeeker

Jun 20, 2010
Kuching
Thanks to those who has replied, its very hard for me to swap ECU with frens here cos we dun have the same car and spec. And i dunno if there's a rolla club here :) . Anyway, i've already contacted Dr ECU and still under progress of waiting. Will update on anything whenever possible. Thanks. Happy Driving :driver:

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Levin818 business booming le...

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
He not just a Dr ECU...

when ever you mentioned his name in ZTH...surely he will emerge and reply your posting...:proud:

i think dia ada bela laaa....ngeh ngeh ngehhhh

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
He not just a Dr ECU...

when ever you mentioned his name in ZTH...surely he will emerge and reply your posting...:proud:

Maybe always google his own name:hmmmm: hehehe......

SilentSeeker

Jun 20, 2010
Kuching
LOL, its always fun to be in a forum full of active ppls. And they really share. Been on few other genres of forums and most of them MOST are selfish. They dun tell tale all. Hide hide abit, and when u face real problems they emerge as the hero. A typical old setting for superheroes movie if you ask me. ;)

Really appreciate all fellow members here. Since the past 4 days i only able to read until page 58 of toyota forums under ZTH :stoned: and really saw you guys really share. Happy that i did join in.

Cheers.

suma_

Known Member
Jun 3, 2005
DU
He not just a Dr ECU...

he got extra "6th sense" - ECU-check sensor
kihkihkihkih....

SilentSeeker

Jun 20, 2010
Kuching
So yesterday (sunday) i've already taken out my ECU for a look thru and yes, there are kaput-ed caps and hangus-ed resistor. Here are the pictures i've taken.

My ECU cover code:

Dr ECU was able to tell wats tore off in less than a min. 1A180.

The caps leaking. Circled the black stains.

Have already contact Dr ECU, now jus awaiting confirmation of banking and shipping details.

Cheers

SilentSeeker

Jun 20, 2010
Kuching
The long awaited day has arrive!! Got the package, see if i can have time to swap it out later on when after work. Btw, jus some questions. Dr ECU got mines svt ecu? roughly wad pricing? Erm, NA or Turbo better hor?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We arrived again to a brand new Audi A6 Hybrid. Being driven for abit, the owner did not even wash the car and we were already called to come do up the car. For a un-washed car it looks quite sleek and clean from a distance. We have always received questions like "which car brand produces the best quality paint besides supercars?" We have to say Audi has...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience