Simple Question: why choose TOYOTA instead of HONDA?

trdturbo

Known Member
Dec 20, 2004
SCOTLAND,UK.
Visit site
All bro and sifoo here,

Just wanna do simple survey about TOYOTA vs HONDA?

why you chose Toyota instead of Honda?

is it Honda car too expensive?Design?Performance?

Why Choose Toyota?please state it out.

Curious about you guys opinion.

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks alot~! :)

shamburke

2,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
trd,

my dad kinda own a Corolla 1.3 GL 1987...
been driving the car since 87.... b'4 he sell it off.....

for me its simple..... i found that the maintenance cost is slightly cheaper as compared to my friends honda..... so the conclusion is that honda is over priced ..... when you go to a spare shop.. mentioned honda jer... abis... moreover... i found that toyota parts can be used by many models... like my GB oil seal.... i've using oil seal as KE20...

cheers...

george8724

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2004
Kelana Jaya
Visit site
i choose TOyota is simply bcoz The parts are easy to get and find, parts oso cheaper than Honda, durable, reliable and the most important thing is the name TOYOTA... :)

TOyota Boleh......

ryuichi

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
i choose toyota b'cos it's a MCSB ....cannot keep up with honda......
furthermore, performance parts very expensive for toyota....

p/s. have to mention like this if not all ppl get toyota n then spare parts price go sky rocket

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
"Get The Feeling"...instead of "The Power Of Dream" what dream2... :D
only in M'sia honda are expensive...

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
Toyota parts.. AE one all can use.. such as the suspension and parts... even the more than 10 years AE.. the later AE111 also can use.. can exchange here and there..ask any mechanic and when they see Toyota also happy.. kekekeke

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
I compare my house's honda and toyota..honda 5 years old..toyota already 13 years old..but too bad honda's internal start to have proton feel..idle time..the dashboard got cit cit sound..things start to peel off.. For the old toyota..until now still so nice..reliable!

george8724

500 RPM
Dec 17, 2004
Kelana Jaya
Visit site
fritz said:
I compare my house's honda and toyota..honda 5 years old..toyota already 13 years old..but too bad honda's internal start to have proton feel..idle time..the dashboard got cit cit sound..things start to peel off.. For the old toyota..until now still so nice..reliable!

i m totally agree with Fritz.... As i have said earlier, Toyota is durable and reliable mah.... Not like Honda, the whole car starts to have cit cit sound lah then here koyak there rosak after 5 6 years... No offence ya Honda lovers... although i m a bit Anti Honda coz those Honda always like to bully ppl just bcoz they have a big V(irgin)tec... last night kena cucuk by 1 of the civic ek9 for no reason and then somemore giv me international sign lah... duh.... :(...

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
1. somewhat toyota has less connection with 'rice', compare to honda or proton
2. toyota old school model came in FR
3. western country's survey shows over the years toyota's reliability is on the top compare to all other jap cars, honda came in second
4. toyota's technical info is more interesting IMHO compare to honda
5. toyotarian in forums is nicer to talk to, almost no insulting/flaming/bashing, all civilized ppl. not that honda forumer are bad or something.. but some minority forumer in ICE forum are real 455h0l3.
6. i grow up sitting in one, and now i'm the driver of the same car i grow up in.

Ray

Known Member
Jan 26, 2004
Since i used this Toyol since 2003.. hehehe
I knew that alots of parts can be use in any model...
From AE85 until AE111.... got so many same parts lor..
so... now got Hafkat shop selling Toyota Parts 3 times cheaper than Honda...
For me... the performance ... it same as Honda...

Honda got name.. coz why aaaaaaaa? coz brand laa.... Likes Adidas vs Antioni! hehehheehe

-e f i n i-

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Kuching
Visit site
I do not know why i love Toyotas.. Just the name and the engines maybe.. and also cuz Toyota makes plenty of FR.. whereas you see.. Civics, Accords, Preludes.. all FF....only S2000....
Actually i also don't know why i like Toyota.
Toyota also has more FR car selections.

To me its just like, you saw this girl, you like her, but you don't know why u like her.

Last edited:

2slow2steady

500 RPM
May 22, 2005
p.j
all the toyota's and honda's i tested and prefered...

accord vs camry=camry(comfort,luxurious,powerful,nice headlamps hehe)

crv vs caldina=caldina(no fight)

altis vs civic2000=civic(very nice 2.0l,yet impressive)

harrier vs dmx or what ever..i forgoten=harrier(try it ull love it)

supra vs nsx=nsx(cant resist the sexy look)

above is my choice...
diff ppl have diff taste...cheers :D

goosfrabar

Known Member
Mar 20, 2005
Pee Jay
Visit site
i have been using toyota ll my life. From 1980 ke70 to Corolla SEg to unser to supra (still have) to altezza.

i find toyota is very reliable (seldom break down), economical, designed for sports and family, veryeasy to drive and very confortable.

Honda is more to style and power. Honda's design is based on being different, cool, attractive to young generations. Honda targets mainly for young adults but TOYOTA targets all range that's why they have so many models compared to honda.

In terms of engine durability, have u seen a racing old honda using old engine and beating a lot of new technology engine?....i haven't, most old honda like the Si models, eg, accords...etc all have to mod into new v-tec engine to be powerful.

When it comes to toyota, the engineers put a lot of passion in designing a very impressive and durable engine everytime they design a new car. until now thw 4age engine is still the most powerful in its class and most durable (damn susah tu pecah).

Even the trademark for drift is a TOYOTA AE86!

toyota have proven to the world that they are the champion in Automobile anywhere in the world making them the No.1 best selling automobile in US, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, South Africa....etc.

If u want to know more bout TOYOTA MOTOR INDUSTRIES, then wait.... i have to check wif my files.:cool:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To fellow enthusiast out there, need some opinion on what is the most optimized engine performance i can get with a ~rm5k budget. My current ride is all stock, no mod done. As for the performance range, looking at increasing the low-mid rpm range. As of now, looking at either NA mod or supercharging (not sure if within budget though). Appreciate the feedback.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience