Satria-gti performance enhancement

KGhee

Feb 9, 2008
To fellow enthusiast out there, need some opinion on what is the most optimized engine performance i can get with a ~rm5k budget. My current ride is all stock, no mod done. As for the performance range, looking at increasing the low-mid rpm range. As of now, looking at either NA mod or supercharging (not sure if within budget though). Appreciate the feedback.

KGhee

Feb 9, 2008
Guys, thanks for the suggestion. Couple of questions though:

Aaron: What do you mean by the MIVEC head? Just the cylinders head?

Boyzone: For low-boost BOT, does that mean the engine internals (heads, rods etc) need not be changed? And, how much would this mod improve the drive-ability in the low-mid rpm range?

Bear with me if some of the questions i have here is a little amateur-ish :P

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
To fellow enthusiast out there, need some opinion on what is the most optimized engine performance i can get with a ~rm5k budget. My current ride is all stock, no mod done. As for the performance range, looking at increasing the low-mid rpm range. As of now, looking at either NA mod or supercharging (not sure if within budget though). Appreciate the feedback.
5k for supercharging or turbocharging is barely enough... i would suggest NA mods...
- full tuned length exhaust mod
- drop-in k&n air filter
- lightened crankpulley
- safcII / emanage
- port n polish intake

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Guys, thanks for the suggestion. Couple of questions though:

Aaron: What do you mean by the MIVEC head? Just the cylinders head?

Boyzone: For low-boost BOT, does that mean the engine internals (heads, rods etc) need not be changed? And, how much would this mod improve the drive-ability in the low-mid rpm range?

Bear with me if some of the questions i have here is a little amateur-ish :P

Yup, no need to change.
low boost will not give u strong pulling, just a comfort like saloon car :biggrin:

mizi0604

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
change to mivec head...if you want to change head only oso can,but need to add Rspec to active mivec but the power is not as strong as if you change the whole things...better to get head,ecu,wiring,intake,throttle body,extractor and bla bla bla or all above your block change to mivec parts...

within 5k budget,i think you need to sell back your 93 head and all above your block,then it will be enough coz to get mivec head and bla bla bla is so expensive now...:biggrin:

long live to MIVEC~!!!:driver:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
just curious..if 4g93 change to mivec head..do JPJ 'kacau' if they conduct 'operasi'..is it illegal or legal?

Bump: just curious..if 4g93 change to mivec head..do JPJ 'kacau' if they conduct 'operasi'..is it illegal or legal?

mizi0604

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
just curious..if 4g93 change to mivec head..do JPJ 'kacau' if they conduct 'operasi'..is it illegal or legal?

Bump: just curious..if 4g93 change to mivec head..do JPJ 'kacau' if they conduct 'operasi'..is it illegal or legal?
it is legal bro,they only check on your block whether you punch number on it or it is original...they also check on your exhaust system sumtimes...dont go straight below your fuel tank...but mine also straight below tank...:biggrin:

just slow down your car if u facing the jpj road block,dont use very noisy muffler...

TIPS: jpj loves to stop your car if you hood is in black colour and white body...thats what i heard from jpj itself...:biggrin:

xinghonh

1,000 RPM
Aug 25, 2006
bot it...max can go 1 bar...but muz use thicker gasket and a good setup
mine got ard 214hp 0.9bar
cheers!

aarion

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
KL
you have to ask yourself. TURBO or NA. then we will do the recommendation. TURBO no end. NA got limitation but i would say enough for street and even occasional track.

KGhee

Feb 9, 2008
Hmmm, after some thinking thru...i would prefer to stick with a NA setup. Main reason is i'm more interested in improving the drivability of the car in the low-mid range.

gtiwtks

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
KGhee,

Just follow bro skywalker recommendation if you want low mid range for NA way ... It would be better if you can add in a street cam... like 268... Else you can go for turbo kit... no need to high boost... confirm increase low mid range... some one selling at the market place... installation plus tuning only less then 5k.... check it out...

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
BOT might casue u more...in case if u need to up boost, u have to mod oil pump, low compression piston, intrercooler

My 1.8 MIVEC:love: is not that power...maybe i don't put enogh $$ into it...!!!

But can play with BMW brand new 5 series geh...:burnout:!!!
But don't compare with GSR lah...:banghead:

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
anyone modify simems based 4g93p ??mind share most of the ppl recommended convert to mmc based, my pocket not deep enough to convert mmc. any recommendation beside change to mmc??

mzs_15

Known Member
Dec 24, 2007
Putrajaya
change to mivec head,also the wiring and ecu..then install RSM..n the power always come..
if u use the same block ur engine number is the same..jpj akan cek no enjin.only change the mivec head..

fevernova_xx

Jan 9, 2007
anyone modify simems based 4g93p ??mind share most of the ppl recommended convert to mmc based, my pocket not deep enough to convert mmc. any recommendation beside change to mmc??
totally agrred. siemen based gti is like a curse. cannot do any tuning.i change to gsr ecu altogether..

mivec RS

Mar 6, 2009
hai bro new guy here ,
i already did 1.8 gti plus mivec head with flat piston(81mm) . 150whp .
:biggrin:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
I will suggest go for BOT, boost at 0.7bar very safe, and the power curve are linear... : ) tried before very attractive, perhaps just add a nigger radiator then nery nice for daily drive...

Im driving 1.8mivec, but not recommending him to change to mivec head leh, cos very leceh, and power really so so only (although can outrun lexus IS250:thefinger:maybe he isn't playing but i knew he was) unless rev high, furthermore he still using ori gb right?? is it close enough for mivec roar??

Last edited:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
If you wanna modify, go for the best la...later on, half hanging here and there...or later will complain not enough power.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys..

i've just bought a 2ndhnd Satria 1.3(M)..

my prob is, it comes without the user's manual.. :banghead:

is there is anything that i can do(fast n easy) to get it.. :idea:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience