Honda Civic FD2 VS Toyota Camry VS Honda Accord

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh. Now the lastest one has a 2.5, not 2.4 anymore.
I suspect that 2.5 has the LSD. My friend's a 2.0
Oh! he even run against latest model.......:stupid::biggrin::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Oh. Now the lastest one has a 2.5, not 2.4 anymore.
I suspect that 2.5 has the LSD. My friend's a 2.0
I think you mean VSC and TRC. Vehicle Stability Control and Traction Control

kenvy11

May 20, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I can only compare between Camry and civic as my family had those two rides, not mine but I do the driving every weekend.
You will be surprise that Camry has a lower maintenance cost compared to the civic and hassle / problem free.

The civic seen more mechanics than me seeing doctor over headaches and fevers!

If you are looking for a reliable and comfy car, go for Camry! however having said that,
do give accord a test drive as it wouldn't hurt you anyway!

I would like to stress again that it's my experience with this two cars not a absolute answer.

Do update us your opinion before you purchase and after you purchase to give people with similar problem a chance to enlighten themselfs!

Regards,
Acer1810
i may drive fast always, its habit. but not kinda fast & furious.. lol... wifey love fd2 more than other 2 , well.. women only know the exterior, never know other.. maintenance + fuel = hubby's $, why on earth she got to give a damn??! hhahaha..

if i can get the body kit for Toyota Aurion Sportivo / TRD, that would be perfect then!!!

I would go for Camry. Toyota would suit your requirement. Not into top speed/acceleration means u r not into performance. More into comfort. Is either the Camry or Accord.

But I would choose Camry over maintenance cost and reliability and FC :biggrin:
Thanks matey!!! yes.. generally, toyota spare parts are cheaper than Honda.. rite?

For maintenance : Camry > Civic / Accord.

But this is highly dependent on whether you're buying completely new cars. If all new then your 1.2k per month may not be enough for all 3 cars unless you have a high down payment. If used car then the above is true. If new car then it's more like Camry > Accord > Civic. The civic is generally a very problematic car.

Personally looking at what you're using the car for, I'd choose the Accord (assuming you're talking about the latest 2014 model). Purely because it's more kitted out than the Camry and is very much a better car to drive.

Also, the Camry is very very high in the "stolen car" list. In fact it was #1 in 2013 so I would be spending a LOT on security for the car if you decide to buy the Camry.

Lastly Camry is running on a very old technology engine. It hasn't changed much at all since the 2nd model Camry, only exterior upgrades.

But Toyotas will forever conquer the resale value market as the best value so if you're not planning on keeping the car long, Camry is better. A 5 year old Camry right now can still command 100k which is stupidly ridiculous if you ask me.
i have never thought about getting new car but 2nd latest batch, where its priced 80k - 100k, depend its CC.. which i m comfortable in payin d monthly installment

I remember flipping through a friend's Camry service booklet. Seems to have LSD. :o
dude, what is LSD? seriously, got no idea.. dont mind to share?

Nothing to do with LSD or whatever. I'm highly tempted to say driver problem.. but I know there is no replacement for displacement and since I'm driving a 2.0 as well, I know it's got one helluva lot of power. So if that Camry was a 2.4, then you better give way cuz there's no way either one of your cars will be able to outrun it.
is the differences between 2.0 & 2.4 huge? in term of speed? well, i still got to drive highway, im not kinda patient guy, 140-160km/hr frm KL-Penang is the best... 2.4 better then? what about driving in city? these CC hv mch different each other??

---------- Post added 08-12-2014 at 12:08 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was 08-11-2014 at 11:58 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

is the Toyota camry (XV40) has the VSC / TRC?

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008

IINM Auto Cars no LSD one wor...

i may drive fast always, its habit. but not kinda fast & furious.. lol... wifey love fd2 more than other 2 , well.. women only know the exterior, never know other.. maintenance + fuel = hubby's $, why on earth she got to give a damn??! hhahaha..

if i can get the body kit for Toyota Aurion Sportivo / TRD, that would be perfect then!!!

Thanks matey!!! yes.. generally, toyota spare parts are cheaper than Honda.. rite?

i have never thought about getting new car but 2nd latest batch, where its priced 80k - 100k, depend its CC.. which i m comfortable in payin d monthly installment

is the differences between 2.0 & 2.4 huge? in term of speed? well, i still got to drive highway, im not kinda patient guy, 140-160km/hr frm KL-Penang is the best... 2.4 better then? what about driving in city? these CC hv mch different each other??

You can google up what Is LSD, but don't bother cuz your camry don't have but no harm knowing more. :biggrin:

Ya I like the camry that you are referring to. Newer designs I don't like. Go for 2.4L better.
Having extra horses is better than having less.

At least anything wrong, u can speed up and flee. Example road bullies or stalkers.
Seems from what I heard ya, spare parts cheaper.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Maybe your wife like FD2 because smaller and easier to drive?

LSD is Limited Slip Differential

2.4 much better power then the 2.0. Comes with more goodies like VSC and TRC....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Bro. Service booklet la. Listed as hardwares those, not the software.
Listed with engine oil, gear oil, brake oil la.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Yup it is, IINM. I pedal to metal that bugger still so near behind me. Couldnt even pull away an inch haha! Just testing. So, die la I 1.8L sure lose to your 2.0 during drag haha :rofl:

Seldom got Altis try show power one wor...usually Vios haha! U bully NA cars la haha!

Lucky u didnt if not hard to catch up with VR's Galant.
Well, i'm oso on 1.8 twincam with single VVT.
Then again i dont know what 1.8 are u driving, it could be down to weight, balls, material of the balls.
Of course i cant tapau Camry but surprise the camry with loads of lower rev torque.
Eventually the Camry will overtake....until, a corner appear....
If the Camry's tinted is clear, u can see how the look of the driver on the rear view mirror soo sick ofseeing an old Waja sticking to its tail...hahahah.

On normal wide,straight road..no way a normal 1.8 can get close with camry with both driver having same level of skill.
On kampung road its a different story. Every inch of the road surface count and a surefooted car with super feedback will prevail.

bro sf, we might want to set up a 1.8L cant-get-away-from-camry club.

On the topic,
I will pick the accord..why?
I want to be different.If not mistaken the drive is better.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Well, i'm oso on 1.8 twincam with single VVT.
Then again i dont know what 1.8 are u driving, it could be down to weight, balls, material of the balls.
Of course i cant tapau Camry but surprise the camry with loads of lower rev torque.
Eventually the Camry will overtake....until, a corner appear....
If the Camry's tinted is clear, u can see how the look of the driver on the rear view mirror soo sick ofseeing an old Waja sticking to its tail...hahahah.

On normal wide,straight road..no way a normal 1.8 can get close with camry with both driver having same level of skill.
On kampung road its a different story. Every inch of the road surface count and a surefooted car with super feedback will prevail.

bro sf, we might want to set up a 1.8L cant-get-away-from-camry club.

On the topic,
I will pick the accord..why?
I want to be different.If not mistaken the drive is better.
Mine just extra alphabet than yours only. 1.8L VVTi :rofl:
Now that you say yours is 1.8 VVT I dunno what car u r driving :rofl:

I only know 1.5 VVT is suzuki swift or was it 1.6 VVT? :hmmmm:

Good idea...1.8L CGAFC Club :rofl: Nice name.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
cos its an unker's car right? I almost bought the camry 2.4V. :biggrin:
There's no other car that's more unker than the Teana or Sylphy. Camry not as unker as Teana. But try side by side the unker car and it'll whoop your ass man. Personally, spec wise and driving wise, I prefer the Teana over the Camry anyday.

Yup it is, IINM. I pedal to metal that bugger still so near behind me. Couldnt even pull away an inch haha! Just testing. So, die la I 1.8L sure lose to your 2.0 during drag haha :rofl: .
No pulling out now. You challenged me and you're gonna go through it. Stock vs stock. And if you think an ancient tech 1.8 is going to have anything on the equally ancient 2.0/2.4/2.5 you're dead wrong man.

The FD2 is more handsome inside and out compared to your other cars. You might be better off with the 2.0 FD2. But space loses out to the other cars.

Sort of. If you compare the lower entry level cars (City vs Vios), then Toyota cheaper. But the more expensive range Camry vs Honda, Toyota still wins but that's not saying it's cheap. It's not.

Are you kidding?

"No replacement for displacement"

Anyway, speed wise it all depends on the car itself. Some have speed limiters to 180 or more. My own 2.0 can quite easily hit top speed. I'm sure 2.4/2.5 will be equally easy. The larger the displacement, the less effort the car needs to trundle along. But don't expect good FC the bigger the car. A 2L car will have at best 10km/L to 12km/L at most. Expect less for a larger CC car.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
There's no other car that's more unker than the Teana or Sylphy. Camry not as unker as Teana. But try side by side the unker car and it'll whoop your ass man. Personally, spec wise and driving wise, I prefer the Teana over the Camry anyday.

No pulling out now. You challenged me and you're gonna go through it. Stock vs stock. And if you think an ancient tech 1.8 is going to have anything on the equally ancient 2.0/2.4/2.5 you're dead wrong man.
Mine is ancient 4 spd AT, yours is already modern tech with CVT and newer than mine :biggrin:
Never gonna pull out, i was challenged by u leh :rofl:

Teana I think with the right bodykit will look good, somehow I feel that Teana would whoop Camry's ass

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Anyway, speed wise it all depends on the car itself. Some have speed limiters to 180 or more. My own 2.0 can quite easily hit top speed. I'm sure 2.4/2.5 will be equally easy. The larger the displacement, the less effort the car needs to trundle along. But don't expect good FC the bigger the car. A 2L car will have at best 10km/L to 12km/L at most. Expect less for a larger CC car.
thats the best fc even when cruising on highway?
imho:
for 2.0 vs 2.4, the difference in speed is not numerically significant.
what significant is how quick ot can get there.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just to let u guys know that skunk2 fake intake manifold has arrive on our shore.
so for those potential buyer,be aware what u paid for.what i'm afraid of is some
of the shop pass it as genuine item.i'm not saying that they purposely sell u a fake
1 and claim it to be genuine but some of them doesn't even know how to tell the
different.that's not all,some of their supplier don't even bother to tell them.
for those of u who don't know how to differentiate between them,just look
at the vacuum...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience