HELP!!Jerking Satria GTI???

Joyride

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
My friend's GTI got a serious jerking at low RPM. The mechanic had serviced the throttle body, checked the ECU, sent the injectors for service, check plug cable, tested cylinder compression but still can find the problem.

This is the latest model with siemen ECU. No problem at high rev. Only jerking and engine stall during low speed cruising or when traffice is slow.

Any one out there come a cross problem like this?? Please advice....

Thanks!

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
the engine got die while dropping gears annot? mine does. from 3rd gear to 2nd gear, engine dies... at corner maut summore... lucky never bang divider.. -.-"
all i can say is.. SIEMENS IS THE BEST ECU IN THE WORLD!

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
aiyaa, like that, better change engine laa..ehehe..or get a stand alone ecu..;)....it's time for microtechhhhh!!..ehhe

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
I had the same problem - Water in petrol tank

I had the same problem. The mechanic checked everything. Even swapped the ignition coil and spark plugs with another car.

Last resort, checked the fuel filter. It was filled with water and mud and sand.

Then to confirm, my mechanic took out my petrol tank.. true enuff.. water and mud in the petrol tank.

After changing the petrol tank and fuel filter.. the jerking stopped at low rpm..but as soon as I reach 4500 rpm, the jerking started again.

So this time, took the injectors out for servicing. They found water in my injectors too. So after servicing the injectors, everything was fine. No more jerking.

gggti

Known Member
Apr 1, 2005
n/a
try to unplug the battery cable so that MAYBE the ecu will forget the error,
from my experience it works!!!
NOTE : THIS MAYBE MY VERY OWN CASE. WELL, U HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE
BY UNPLUG THE CABLE N PLUG AGAIN.

Joyride

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
Initial D,
Thank for sharing your experience. I tell my friend about it.

gggti,
Good idea and you are right. Nothing lose to try. Thanks.

Joyride

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
I did ask him to change to MIVEC head. Solve the problem and can up grade too at the same time. But you know la... always is the M shortage...

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
it's either fuel filter stock, low timing(just go to shop n adjust) or spark plug old.

psyk

Known Member
Feb 22, 2005
how did u get water, mud and sand in your petrol tank eh initiald?

gsr

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
PJ
Visit site
hehe InitialD part-time rally driver :D

yup...... what u guys mentioned r possible things to check for
try checking the power TR unit as well (dunno if it's still being used on siemen ecu)

d3s

500 RPM
May 1, 2005
KL
InitialD,
well i really wonder how sand, water even mud can b found inside ur fuel tank?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
How mud and sand and water got into my fuel tank?

Well.. it depends on which petrol station you go.

Some petrol station's underground tank might have a leak and water and soil might sip into the underground tank. Old petrol stations tend to experience this problem. So that's how the water and mud was found in my petrol tank.

Also try to avoid low lying petrol stations or avoid any petrol stations that have been thru a flood.

Also there are moisture in the petrol tank as our country is quite humid.

I lodged a complain and submitted a record of all the petrol stations that I frequent in the past 6 months. True enuff... I noticed they were digging up one of the petrol stations that was on my list. I guess they were patching up the crack in the tank or something.

Last edited:

RSGT

Known Member
Jun 23, 2004
Hi Joyride,

The symptoms that your friend has experienced is the same experience i went through before. the problem was with the speed sensor that is located behind the meter panel. it costs only RM25 and after having it replaced, no more jerking till today.

anyway mine is a 2001 MMC ECU SGTI. its worth having the speed sensor replaced first cos its the cheapest option and to my knowledge, the speed sensor for all SGTI's are the same including the SIEMENS model.

by the way, the speed sensor is available at any spare part shop, they are quite familliar with this.

cheers

Joyride

Known Member
Dec 15, 2004
RSGT,
Thanks for sharing your experience. The mechanic told him may be is valve leaking. Gotta re-grind valve. It's just only 3 years old car. And never modify. How come the valve can worn so quickly. Now my friend said when give a full trottle the engine then to take awhile to rev up and like got a little back fire too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there all,
Just wanted some expert opinion on whether I should turbo charge my Honda Accord year model 2001? I like the size and everything but I feel some lack in the power side hence, my interest to give it a little boost.
I have even opted for other cars in the market such as Caldina, Legacy, etc...but none of em' actually fits in my bill in terms of cost and have quite content with the Accord which I have however, as mentioned, I just need a little boost with it.
Would...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience