Turbo Charge a Honda Accord year 2001 model?

roulette23

Oct 17, 2009
Petaling Jaya
Hi there all,
Just wanted some expert opinion on whether I should turbo charge my Honda Accord year model 2001? I like the size and everything but I feel some lack in the power side hence, my interest to give it a little boost.
I have even opted for other cars in the market such as Caldina, Legacy, etc...but none of em' actually fits in my bill in terms of cost and have quite content with the Accord which I have however, as mentioned, I just need a little boost with it.
Would really appreciate some opinions to this. Thanks in advance.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
i'm pretty sure it can be done, i hv seen this version accord with intercooler infront, and my fren accord same version, although din BOT but he also installed emanage to fine tune it... as long as software can be supported, hardware part will never be a issue... Soft boost for 0.4/0.5 should be good enough without sacrificing comfort and fuel efficiency, all you need is just a td04 turbine, intercooler, custom piping, blowoff and fuel management unit... Price wise, if just using normal local/thai/taiwan made item i think wont more than 7.5k, just my rough calculation...

roulette23

Oct 17, 2009
Petaling Jaya
i'm pretty sure it can be done, i hv seen this version accord with intercooler infront, and my fren accord same version, although din BOT but he also installed emanage to fine tune it... as long as software can be supported, hardware part will never be a issue... Soft boost for 0.4/0.5 should be good enough without sacrificing comfort and fuel efficiency, all you need is just a td04 turbine, intercooler, custom piping, blowoff and fuel management unit... Price wise, if just using normal local/thai/taiwan made item i think wont more than 7.5k, just my rough calculation...

Thanks for the insights. Really appreciated it, Zac.

Been quoted the price as well from a place in Kuchai Lama (can't remember the name of the shop) but the piggyback ECU they were supplying was PowerFC which not a whole lot of places knows to tune it.

Will still be searching around for another place which provides a better and more common piggyback system.

Really like the thought of stuffing a turbo kit as I still get to keep my ride.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
PowerFC is much advance than emanage blue, also more expensive lah, however if the tuner that mod your car is expert in tweaking pfc then it's definitely serve better than emanage blue... Do visit more workshop to compare their service, quality and price, post their package details here so that we can help you take look : )

I rugi alot cos too anxious to mod car, so take ur time...

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
7.5k for BOT + Management?

I'd say it's a fair price. By the way, which model of accord is it? CM or CF0 series?
2 of my club members successfully turbocharged their H22A. One running on Haltech another one, just play safe(low boost, standard piston, no mgmt) I'd reccomend you to check which other OEM turbo engines does have the same size piston as yours so that you can source it out cheaper rather than paying one lump sump of money to the shop.

If you're using the K20, better save more money and get the K-Pro for better degree of tuning K-series.

roulette23

Oct 17, 2009
Petaling Jaya
7.5k for BOT + Management?

I'd say it's a fair price. By the way, which model of accord is it? CM or CF0 series?
2 of my club members successfully turbocharged their H22A. One running on Haltech another one, just play safe(low boost, standard piston, no mgmt) I'd reccomend you to check which other OEM turbo engines does have the same size piston as yours so that you can source it out cheaper rather than paying one lump sump of money to the shop.

If you're using the K20, better save more money and get the K-Pro for better degree of tuning K-series.
Its the CFO series. Single Cam VTEC. Not a whole lot of set-ups for this engine, not sure why. Think the aftermarket developers decided to skip this model and concentrate on the CLs and CFs.

Need to get more info if there are some issues with doing such things to turbocharge a VTEC engine.

YRvi

Known Member
Oct 5, 2006
KL
I guess it's not that hard. Just do your research about the F20b internal parts, you may do need some parts from the Z32. It may be a rare conversion in M'sia, but it's a norm in US. Tonnka may produce the exhaust header if the price is right. By using TD04, VafcII should be sufficient enuff.

civic 0.5 BAR

Known Member
Jun 3, 2006
I guess it's not that hard. Just do your research about the F20b internal parts, you may do need some parts from the Z32. It may be a rare conversion in M'sia, but it's a norm in US. Tonnka may produce the exhaust header if the price is right. By using TD04, VafcII should be sufficient enuff.
vafc2 i think can not support.honda map sensor can not detect boost...
after boost it.ori ecu will blur.and idle like shit.
i test it b4.and finally i go for e-manage + map to settle it.
just my opinion.

---------- Post added at 09:52 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

chk out those spec r mag....taiwan ppl always bot their honda
Agree.Taiwan ppl very crazy on honda..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, where can i get adapters for open pod air filter , to be fitted with my original airfilter hose. (mivec engine)

The hose is 4 inches in diameter. Most accessories shop dont have the adapter, they only sell the air filter and then ask us to find the adapter ourself, except for apexi air filter.

I'm planning to buy an airfilter which has 6 inch inlet, and then i need the adapter to convert it from 6 inch become 4 inch

Chop shop have these adapters ar ?

Hope to hear from u guys soon :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience