Greddy Emanage, Ultimate & V-Manage

RSI

Known Member
Dec 22, 2005
hello guys.

now a days notebooks doesn't have serial ports anymore but bunch of USB port. I have a notebook that doesn't have any serial port and the emanage blue need to use a serial port to connect. Can i just get any USB->Serial converter to make it work? How much one cost? Is there anyway that i can test the connection without fixing it to the car?
Get from computer shop about RM30 or so. To power emanage on your desk. Connect a 12V source (+) to the Red wire and (-) to the black and connect it to the PC via the support tool ---> USB serial adaptor ---> PC USB port.

RSI

Known Member
Dec 22, 2005
I used to go to N1 with my modified 4G18. He simply increase 3WHP only using newly installed emanage. WTF... then I went to Links. Increase another 12whp. So, Links are better than N1....
You should go back to N1 again and do a dyno run and see if you actually made 12whp over his original 3whp increase. If you get say another 2whp or none, then you know who is a better tuner..

EG6SiRT?

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
Nobody seems to be able to help..?? Poor thing...pity me..

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
does anyone outta ever installed MAP sensor to read on Emanage other than Greddy map sensor? maybe other aftermarket MAP sensor...how does the wiring works? does it goes the same MAP wiring on stock and connect map wire from emanage to ECU? im using p30 ecu wit E-blue..any ideas or experienced from anyone...??honda stock MAP can only read max 0.9-1 bar max, need to change it, my leg cannot tahan already...Tried to change it to 2.5 bar MAP but engine just cant idle. Maybe i got it all wrong...
yea maybe u got it wrong. almost all map sensors i know outputs 5v max. so ur 2.5 bar sensor wont give good results. unless u use emanage/piggy to retune (which would take some time)

use ur stock map sensor to ur stock ecu but put a small tee wif an aquarium 1 way valve to release boost from the stock map.

get a map sensor which reads boost ( try this prof. from ipoh dat makes the protech ecu...he has nice motorola sensor) connect it to the tps input of emanage. this way, u can use larger main injectors wif smooth fuelling control both on and off boost..emanage injector trim works really well

have fun. take care

RSI

Known Member
Dec 22, 2005
use ur stock map sensor to ur stock ecu but put a small tee wif an aquarium 1 way valve to release boost from the stock map.
Use Boost limiter cut function and set clamps to 2.9V for all RPM tables. That way ECU never sees boost. No need for pneumatic clamps since emanage already can do it.

EG6SiRT?

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
yea maybe u got it wrong. almost all map sensors i know outputs 5v max. so ur 2.5 bar sensor wont give good results. unless u use emanage/piggy to retune (which would take some time)

get a map sensor which reads boost ( try this prof. from ipoh dat makes the protech ecu...he has nice motorola sensor) connect it to the tps input of emanage. this way, u can use larger main injectors wif smooth fuelling control both on and off boost..emanage injector trim works really well

have fun. take care
Good thing, but if u re referring to the motorola map sensor, that was the 2.5 bar map sensor that i was referring to. Do u mean I still connect the stock Map sensor and at the same time connect the other map sensor to emanage tps input? or just the 2.5bar map sensor only?Do i still need to connect to the original map sensor wiring? damn blur la..any help would be a great help..

EG6SiRT?

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
Use Boost limiter cut function and set clamps to 2.9V for all RPM tables. That way ECU never sees boost. No need for pneumatic clamps since emanage already can do it.

RS, when we do that clamping for 2.9v for all rpm tables, what will be that max boost the stock MAP can handle? Any effect when u clamp it to 2.9v? sori, still exploring all the functions in Emanage...

RSI

Known Member
Dec 22, 2005
RS, when we do that clamping for 2.9v for all rpm tables, what will be that max boost the stock MAP can handle? Any effect when u clamp it to 2.9v? sori, still exploring all the functions in Emanage...
Basically what it does is that the ECU will handle everything below atmosheric pressure and emanage handles the engine once you are in boost.

So once in boost the ECU will have steady values as if it were NA engine and your emanage map will +/- onto that steady ECU map.
That is when you use additional injection map to maintain proper air fuel ratio under boost.

For emanage blue, effectively u tune the engine using TPS as load below boost and using map sensor when in boost. That way your map will be nice and clean and easy to understand.

In your additional injection map lets say you have 12.5:1 AFR at 0 bar.
if you :

+10% @ 0.1bar
+20% @ 0.2bar
+30% @ 0.3bar

+100% @ 1bar

You will maintain more or less 12.5:1 AFR whenever in boost.

Clamping at 2.9V only prevents ECU from seeing boost but emanage will still be able to measure boost. The max boost you will be able to read is ~0.8 bar in your case. That is the limit of the Honda stock map sensor.

To know the maximum value that a map sensor can read assuming you are at sea level (much higher altitudes will render this formula invalid):

Turn on the engine. Don't start. See the voltage of the map sensor. Lets say 2.78V

Use this formula:

Maxboost (bar relative) = (5/<mapsensor voltage with ign on but not start>) - 1

so

(5/2.78) -1 ~= 0.8 bar

for a mitsubishi sensor

(5/4.1) -1 = 0.22 bar

Last edited:

ericfey7

Known Member
Jul 22, 2006
to all sifus here,
Does any map is suit for toyota altis?(e-mangae blue)
or anyones have installed into same car b4 ??
can it adjust ignition ?

thx

EG6SiRT?

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
Basically what it does is that the ECU will handle everything below atmosheric pressure and emanage handles the engine once you are in boost.

So once in boost the ECU will have steady values as if it were NA engine and your emanage map will +/- onto that steady ECU map.
That is when you use additional injection map to maintain proper air fuel ratio under boost.

For emanage blue, effectively u tune the engine using TPS as load below boost and using map sensor when in boost. That way your map will be nice and clean and easy to understand.

In your additional injection map lets say you have 12.5:1 AFR at 0 bar.
if you :

+10% @ 0.1bar
+20% @ 0.2bar
+30% @ 0.3bar

+100% @ 1bar

You will maintain more or less 12.5:1 AFR whenever in boost.

Clamping at 2.9V only prevents ECU from seeing boost but emanage will still be able to measure boost. The max boost you will be able to read is ~0.8 bar in your case. That is the limit of the Honda stock map sensor.

To know the maximum value that a map sensor can read assuming you are at sea level (much higher altitudes will render this formula invalid):

Turn on the engine. Don't start. See the voltage of the map sensor. Lets say 2.78V

Use this formula:

Maxboost (bar relative) = (5/<mapsensor voltage with ign on but not start>) - 1

so

(5/2.78) -1 ~= 0.8 bar

for a mitsubishi sensor

(5/4.1) -1 = 0.22 bar
RS,

Very good info. Thanks. Im currently running on E-Blue, but currently only set the Airflow, Igni adj map...dont really understand on additional injection map , boost limiter cut and anti engine stall setting. really need to explore those..

EG6SiRT?

Known Member
Nov 19, 2005
RS, isnt additional injector map in E-blue to control the spray of the injector by percentage?

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
boost limiter

you are so right. however, i was kiasu so i used both. the 1 way valve releases positive pressure from the stock map (which was not meant to be pressurised in the 1st place......)

140dB

Known Member
Mar 27, 2005
johor
Good thing, but if u re referring to the motorola map sensor, that was the 2.5 bar map sensor that i was referring to. Do u mean I still connect the stock Map sensor and at the same time connect the other map sensor to emanage tps input? or just the 2.5bar map sensor only?Do i still need to connect to the original map sensor wiring? damn blur la..any help would be a great help..
i used both sensors.
stock map connect to stock ecu
boost map connect to emanage tps input

this way, all my emanage maps(airflo,add. inj., ign timing etc) are tuned based on manifold pres vs rpm. very nice for me. i tuned my bot myself on the dyno in less than an hour wif this setup.

RSI

Known Member
Dec 22, 2005
RS, isnt additional injector map in E-blue to control the spray of the injector by percentage?
Yes, correct. Every 0.1 bar is rougly 10% more air, so if you also extend the Injection 10% you will arrive to roughly the same AFR.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone know a good toyota workshop, not their service centre plss.. it cost a bomb to send old car to them, i am using toyota corolla 1992. need to do a complete engine overhaul..

looking for area in KL or Selangor..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience