Re: hks fcon v or greedy e-manage blue

standalone vs piggy back bro..of cos go for s/alone la..hehe

vesparado

Jul 13, 2010
johor bahru

ooo like that aa...tq tq...
my car right now all standard...future do know laa
so can i use standalone on standard engine...
what the benefit when i use it on standard engine...

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009

ain't hks-fcon v is piggyback? :D

well i would go for fconv......i think both were comparable in capability..... in your situation fcon would be much easier since its tuned. bear in mind if the half cut is almost the same spec as yours of course...meanwhile emanage u need to tuned it first....no point just plug it in only..

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang

ain't hks-fcon v is piggyback? :D

well i would go for fconv......i think both were comparable in capability..... in your situation fcon would be much easier since its tuned. bear in mind if the half cut is almost the same spec as yours of course...meanwhile emanage u need to tuned it first....no point just plug it in only..

http://www.hksusa.com/info/?id=3654

viperxs

Jul 6, 2006
There are 2 f-con v, HKS F-Con V Pro and HKS F-Con....F-con v is piggy back unit while V-Pro is standalone

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
vesparado: urs ada "pro" ke xde?..hehe

vesparado

Jul 13, 2010
johor bahru
mine dont have pro..only fcon v..silver color casing
i want attach that fcon picture..but dont know how to upload ..
that pic in my pc..
how aa...

viperxs

Jul 6, 2006
which one is better is quite subjective. I would suggest that you would carefully think and plan on what you plan to do with your car.
If you plan big might as well go for a bit expensive route which is standalone rather than have to go through the hassle to sell off the thing you don't want later on
Another point to consider would be will it serve the purpose you want it to be or would you just simply want to have it in your car just to gain a tiny few hp?
If you asked me I would go for either v-pro or pfc but ultimately I would choose pfc due to reason of easier to find tuner here etc that knows the climate here rather than go for Japanese tuner and pay expensive sum...money that I would rather be spending on beer instead :D
What is your plan? How about budget? Maintenance wise (you don't want to drive all the way from KL to SG to have it tune for example do you unless you are hardcore and have time for it as well)? etc... Time (you need time off now and then to have it retune) ? Do consider all these options

vesparado

Jul 13, 2010
johor bahru
tq tq for reply..i really apreciate that..
my engine right now all standard.i thing i want keep it standard aslong as posibble..
if i use programable ecu in standard engine have any diffrent k..
or better i just use that standard ecu..
tq for sharing tip with me...

achelone

Known Member
Jun 3, 2009
well after some searching for any info it gets confusing a bit....found something here:-

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/963224

post by farique seem to indicate that hks-fconv pro (its a pro version) although a standalone ecu but it need original car ecu to work on. WTF....although feature wise it superior in some way compared to power fc (waayyy better than e-manage) getting it tune here will be a hassle......not many tuners know to fiddle with it and the software to tune this item only found by HKS official partner / distributor...... sooo be warned for the hks unit.... meanwhile e-manage...many tuner know how get it work and tuned....might be safer choice if u change many parts in the future....

if u want to keep it stock, standalone is not the answer unless u have no choice....like campro and siemens ecu that can't be altered with piggyback. standalone are freaking expensive and for stock car it only able to free 10-30hp at most. piggyback can do the same with less cost.. my 2 cent....and its your money, its your choice :D

wej7219

Jan 10, 2005
for the owners of those new expensive cars they prefer every gadgets in the car are functioning in its original condition. as such you need the original ecu in there to control all those things, and use the vpro for engine performance.

if you are building an all-out-racing-car and won’t be bothered with all those gadgets then you can remove the original ecu and use the vpro just like microtech, haltech etc.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Arnold Schwarzenegger has one and the Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page have one in their garage - the roadster from Tesla. Now the electro car manufacturer will hit the market with a 4-door limousine and space for 7 person.

With a range up to 450km and 45-minute QuickCharge, the Tesla Model S can carry five adults and two children in quiet comfort – and you can charge it from any outlet, without ever stopping for gas. The mass-produced electric vehicle offers...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience