Federal FZ-201 - Semi Slick

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i have not tried RT615s before so i have no idea how it would fare against RSR. however, if u drive with "sanity" i'm sure the RSRs will be able to cope with any conditions u could offer.
Same as my friend. He has tried the RSR but not the RT-615, so cannot comment either....

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
i myself tried RT215 many years back and not 615. also used federal RS but not RSR. RS is light-years ahead of RT215 in terms of wet grip but that does not answer ur question hehehe

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Pimpin, I'm rolling on RSR dry grip is superb, very progressive and predictable. On wet road its performance is still acceptable la...but I didn't try to run them over puddles of water to try the aqua planning....risky..

I think Remus used to roll on RSR on his R33. Maybe he would have a better feedback for RSR on big hp & heavy cars...so far I've seen people using RSR are on hatchbacks or performance sedan like Impreza and Evos. RSR is good for street use.

zamiex

Known Member
Nov 1, 2005
been using this tire for street use for about 2k kilometers now, grips well in dry... wet condition also not bad..

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i have not tried RT615s before so i have no idea how it would fare against RSR. however, if u drive with "sanity" i'm sure the RSRs will be able to cope with any conditions u could offer.
What's this sanity you refer to? I know not what you speak of my friend. However, one thing that I hated about semi slicks were the speed rating.

Same as my friend. He has tried the RSR but not the RT-615, so cannot comment either....
Thanks, I haven't come across someone else who has either. I was told to expect it to be very much like the AD08 in the wet however I've only used (unfortunately) the AD07 although that was on an STI.

Pimpin, I'm rolling on RSR dry grip is superb, very progressive and predictable. On wet road its performance is still acceptable la...but I didn't try to run them over puddles of water to try the aqua planning....risky..

I think Remus used to roll on RSR on his R33. Maybe he would have a better feedback for RSR on big hp & heavy cars...so far I've seen people using RSR are on hatchbacks or performance sedan like Impreza and Evos. RSR is good for street use.
How long have you run the tires bro? I find that for the first couple thousand k's semi slicks in the wet offer more than decent performance. I remember driving down in my GTR and passing Alor Star on the highway, the rain was so heavy and the highway so waterlogged I had to drive at 70-80km/h in the middle of the two lanes. Every once in awhile I'd hit standing water and the car would jump literally 3 feet to the left or right. That was tiring, having to correct the steering what felt like every milisecond.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
[PIMPIN];1063551079 said:
What's this sanity you refer to? I know not what you speak of my friend. However, one thing that I hated about semi slicks were the speed rating.

Thanks, I haven't come across someone else who has either. I was told to expect it to be very much like the AD08 in the wet however I've only used (unfortunately) the AD07 although that was on an STI.

How long have you run the tires bro? I find that for the first couple thousand k's semi slicks in the wet offer more than decent performance. I remember driving down in my GTR and passing Alor Star on the highway, the rain was so heavy and the highway so waterlogged I had to drive at 70-80km/h in the middle of the two lanes. Every once in awhile I'd hit standing water and the car would jump literally 3 feet to the left or right. That was tiring, having to correct the steering what felt like every milisecond.
Sanity? within the tyre limits loh......hahaha:biggrin:

Yup, some have tried this and that but not all. Not that easy to have tried all, unless got sponsor.....

Same as another friend of mine who is using the Evo X that comes with the Dunlop SP600. He mention very hard to drive below 80kph in the wet, and when tyres were worn quickly change to Max performance GY F1 Asy., Now on Michelin PS3.... Not track kaki.....:biggrin:

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
bro i heard singapore tire much cheaper if compare to malaysia..is that tru?if yes im gonna to order 4 pcs 19" tires..please advise bross...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
bro i heard singapore tire much cheaper if compare to malaysia..is that tru?if yes im gonna to order 4 pcs 19" tires..please advise bross...
Now, not sure. You still have higher exchange rate to deal with. Then going over to fit and drive back?
Last time my friends tried to dirty them before driving back. One got caught.....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Pimpin, they have been on like 6k mileage...I hit standing water yesterday at about 90 and the car did felt like sliding a bit to the sides but it gain grip after I pass the puddle. If there was no standing water then it perform quite decent but raining time I also don't go very fast...

pinecitygarage

Known Member
Aug 22, 2009
SoCal & Baguio
baguioautoforums.com
i myself tried RT215 many years back and not 615. also used federal RS but not RSR. RS is light-years ahead of RT215 in terms of wet grip but that does not answer ur question hehehe
funny, i got the same experience.

use the Rt-215 a few years back at Streets of Willow springs doing 30 minute sessions with other cars and great survivability and consistency for a total track seat time of 2 hours 30 minutes.

currently using the Federal RS for Hillclimb, Circuit and slalom here in the Philippines now for 2 years, durable tire with great grip, just takes a little longer to get to great operating grip temp at the circuit track, great treadwear at 180.

looking at the RS-R's for replacement, but would definitely want to try out the FZ's

Tevs

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
what are the current prices for the 15 and 17 inch FZ tires
Federal normal tyres for road use and for Motor sports use are distributed by two different companies.
Normal tyres distributed by A-One Tyre
Motor sports distributed by Key Vector

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys. I have a Honda City gm6 2014 v spec. Want to know 16mm or 19mm Ultra racing anti roll bar works better for my car as i feel the car floating during highway drive. My car is all stock and tyre is cc6. I am not a fast driver and I just want my car to be stable when I am on highway.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience