review on federal 595evo tyres

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, sidewall is nice.

Heard that the performance is not bad. Something like the Hankook V12Evo.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
can it be used at sepang for track days???
Not a track kaki, but based on my limited knowledge, best to use hard sidewall tyres for the tracks. Air pressure also in the 40psi region. If dry track semi slicks are best, that is why extreme tyres are most suited but expensive.
Having said that, as far as I know the 595 Evo have soft sidewall like V12Evo, so it to be used in the tracks, maybe need more air pressure.
Since tracks are more about handling faster corner, you should look into asymmetric pattern instead of directional patterned tyres.....my 2 sens

Kent_Goh

1,000 RPM
Jun 30, 2008
www.xd-auto.com
Better then Hankok Ventus V12 on side wall & grip.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Currently using.

It's a good grippy tyre on the dry, but on the wet it's like any other tyre. Have to be careful with mildly wet roads when speeding. Have slided a few times but the tyres recover quite quickly in the wet.

In the dry I've yet to find its limits but have made it scream quite a lot. Have never tried on track so no idea.

Personally I think it's a great 'value for money' tyre. Kinda noisy though.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Not so good grip in the wet, but how is the aquaplaning, since it is direction patterned?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Not so good grip in the wet, but how is the aquaplaning, since it is direction patterned?
I'm not a fast driver. Never have been never will be. So the best I can tell you is 80km/h on a patch of water half an inch high will not aquaplane at all. The only issue is gripping in a corner and emergency braking without ABS.

Cornering when wet - will grip at the initial turn in then slide sideways for about a second and by then your balls would've shrunk and you'd be going much slower.

Emergency braking in the wet - It'll stop a whole lot faster compared to Yoko S-drive and recovers faster than the Falken 912. But is no fight for Michelin PP2 and PS3. I'm not even going to bother to talk about GY NCT5 and other crap tyres.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm not a fast driver. Never have been never will be. So the best I can tell you is 80km/h on a patch of water half an inch high will not aquaplane at all. The only issue is gripping in a corner and emergency braking without ABS.

Cornering when wet - will grip at the initial turn in then slide sideways for about a second and by then your balls would've shrunk and you'd be going much slower.

Emergency braking in the wet - It'll stop a whole lot faster compared to Yoko S-drive and recovers faster than the Falken 912. But is no fight for Michelin PP2 and PS3. I'm not even going to bother to talk about GY NCT5 and other crap tyres.
New tyres will not aquaplane at 80kph. The F1 Asy., that I had earlier was good in wet corner, now can play slide also with the Blue Streak Stiletto. Anyway, the 595 Evo should be around the S-Drive class. ZE-912 is comfort performance and should be one rung lower. PS3 however is Max performance and is one rung higher....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The sensation of speed is determined by the size and type of your car. The smaller the car, the faster everything seems to be.

Let's discuss.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience