Engine Setup for Drag and Track

aramis

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Cyberjaya/KL/PJ
www.scuba2u.com
Can somone enlightened me about a good setup for drag and a good setup for track?
Many times and many people usually dump in many performance parts into the car without knowing what is it good for. Some parts are good for low-end, other, for top-end.

So, can some sifu enlighten me on this. Xenix, can help?

:)

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Originally posted by aramis@Nov 10 2004, 14:06
Can somone enlightened me about a good setup for drag and a good setup for track?
Many times and many people usually dump in many performance parts into the car without knowing what is it good for. Some parts are good for low-end, other, for top-end.

send ur car to Japan for Jun, sure ur car will get complete track/drag setup as u wish.

Xenix

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Kuala Lumpur, P
honda_fans.tripod.com
If you can spend like what Jin said.. Sending the engine to be engineer oversea.. then for track you can send to JUN/Spoon/TODA. as for drag you can send to Ericks Racing.

Aramis, If you wish to push the engine to the limit you got to choose either one. You can't have both setup in one engine.. Many things to looks into it.. If you wish to play track..

As for parts that benefits both setups are like changing the
.valve spring for safer high revving
.hi-cam for more intake and exhaust
.clucth set for more grip
.flywheel for better thorttle respone
actually many many more parts to be mention.

But the is certain parts that is not suitable for both setups like
.oil cooler only for track, as too cold engine doesn't benefit drag car
.four thorttle more for track, as drag engine normally doesn't rev too high while four thorttle power only comes in around 7~7.5k rpm. So if your drag engine is mean for only 8.5 rpm then it is no point putting in this parts

Many more to explain la.. hard to say it out in one time..

aramis

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Cyberjaya/KL/PJ
www.scuba2u.com
Xenix, very useful information. Please do post some stuff when u have time. thanks! ;)

to make it simple, lets say I want a drag car. What do I need/don't need?

zero4

6,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
no car is able to setup for both drag and track at the same time. you have to choose either one. like what ck has just mention, track setup requires

- chassis to be strengthen and lighten
- tweak ur chamber setting
- oil cooler
- no need change cams cause track requires mid range power
- good tires (slicks if possible)
- good engine management setup
- etc etc

Xenix

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Kuala Lumpur, P
honda_fans.tripod.com
What you really got in your mind right now..

Even the handling setup is different for Drag and Track. Hard to explain there la... If you wants we can tok when we meet.. susah la.. have to type type.. and some mechanical thermes I dunno how to give out the correct spelling.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Originally posted by zero4@Nov 10 2004, 14:40
somemore when u got a good drag machine, u need to practice launching, that one not easy
install a "Launch Control" / "Roll Control" like F1 can b done oso......

Xenix

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Kuala Lumpur, P
honda_fans.tripod.com
Launching is very easy.. Just attend BOBO launching School.

RM10 per session per 10 minutes. Estimated 5 launches. For BOBO fans club who have "I (Heart) 5050" sticker on the car.

RM25 per session per 10 minutes. Estimated 5 launches.

Xenix

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Kuala Lumpur, P
honda_fans.tripod.com
Jin, For your information F1 teams (those rich one la) like Ferari, McL.. The pilot doesn't launch the car. It is the Enginer team that launch the car from the computer control room. And the ECU the are running is a 2 way comunication system which means they can change and configure the setting withount touching the race car. All in the computer room. FIA tried to ban this but they found out it is nothing they can really do.. As IT people should know that they can just simply can the transmitting code and signal and FIA will never able to find out. And the Pilot only takes control after the car is lunch by the team enginer.

And for WRC the pilot is the one who launch the car.. If you watch WRC you will see them releasing the hand brakes during launch.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
Originally posted by Xenix@Nov 10 2004, 14:44
Launching is very easy.. Just attend BOBO launching School.

RM10 per session per 10 minutes. Estimated 5 launches. For BOBO fans club who have "I (Heart) 5050" sticker on the car.

RM25 per session per 10 minutes. Estimated 5 launches.
< For BOBO fans club who have "I (Heart) 5050" sticker on the car.>

how bout "i have BOBO's Seat in my Car"...ehehehehe

aramis

500 RPM
Nov 20, 2003
Cyberjaya/KL/PJ
www.scuba2u.com
no ler. Im not asking for a car for bothe track and drag.

What I need to know is what is needed for a track car and what is needed for a drag car.

Xenix

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Kuala Lumpur, P
honda_fans.tripod.com
Originally posted by zero4@Nov 10 2004, 14:45
hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

u forgotten to mention entry fee is 500 bucks CASH lah ck
No la.. that is the price he is charging la.. Ask him and see.. Hahahahaha

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
Originally posted by aramis@Nov 10 2004, 14:06

Aramis, I'll try......

For drag : With budget constraint as a factor, I would strip and lighten my car as much as possible. So all other irrelevant things that can be cut or taken out, do it. And even to the point of lightening myself :lol: :D Increase power at high rpm (rather than peak power at a lower rpm), which can be done by an EMS, or changing of extractor to 4-1. Low tyre pressure in front, with wider tyres + rims in front, and vice versa at the back. Suspension set up front soft, rear hard. Front camber as zero as can be. U also need quick gearchanges. Last but not least, use higher octane fuel, aircraft fuel if you've got any pilot frens. ;)

For track : With lightening of the car, there must also be chassis strenghtening, i.e. anti roll bars, strut bars, roll cage, and whatever other bars u can think of - for handling and your own safety. Harness + bucket seat. A good set of tyres, pref. semi slicks. A good alignment job. Front shud hv more camber than rear. A good brand of coolant. A cold air intake. New engine fluids, i.e. gb, engine, brakes, clutch, power steering etc. Engine shud not rev higher than 8k rpm, if u love ur car. Easy on the gearchanges, i.e. do not change gears as if u stole the car.

My 2 sen. But I'd like to merge both of the above ;) most of the time.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

While i was watching a video about Windows 8, a topic on his RSS feed make me want to find.. When i found it.

Well i have no comment.. what do u guys think?? great??

for me it sucks..

Mitsubishi fans u have been warn..

this crazy art is made by Dirk Skreber

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience