Drivers License

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
I was wondering, what should a P licensed driver do in order to change to CDL license.

1. When to do it? After P license expires or before? If before..how long before P license expires?
2. How much will it cost? Will it cost some $$ or no $$ at all?

Thanks.

gagek7

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
seremban/tambun
1-P licences expires in 2 years.by the time it expired go to jpj and renew it.they will give you the standard licences (the one that everyone else using...same looking licence like P but without the P)

2-renew licence will cost u rm30 per year.so if u want to renew 2 years, u shud pay rm60 la...(can check the cost with jpj, maybe now up already.maybe 30 something now...forgot la).

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
I just renew my P license to CDL last 2 days at JPJ wangsa maju..

1. You can only renew your P to CDL 5 days before your expired date. Only can renew 1 years.. If you renew on your expired date or after (not more than 12 months), you can renew 1 years or 3 years or 5 years...

2. It cost RM30 per year.. If 3 years, then RM90, 5 years RM150.

Bring you P license, a license size picture and money..

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
I thought they said if you renew after your P expires, you must retake the whole exam again?

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
I thought they said if you renew after your P expires, you must retake the whole exam again?
No la.. Cause the counter officer told me.. I went there twice.. First, I went there 10 days earlier before my expired date.. Then she told me when only can apply.. Then I asked her, if after expired date can renew? He replied, don't over 1 year lor.. But, sure the faster get cdl, the better ma.. Hehe.

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
apu..how long did it take for you to renew your CDL? You know, the last time i went to get my P, took me about 2 hours waiting thre. So sien -.-

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Ok, it only keeps getting worse... this latest incident really starting to scare me, these rempits are reckless dudes who don't care at all about their victims sufferings and if they really do have guns...god bless us Malaysians then...

With a gun they would be able to intimidate a lot more ppl and im sure they would not hesitate to shoot or kill given their recent track record of recklessness... The authorities really got to get cracking against these rempits before things get worse...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience