Drivers License

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
I was wondering, what should a P licensed driver do in order to change to CDL license.

1. When to do it? After P license expires or before? If before..how long before P license expires?
2. How much will it cost? Will it cost some $$ or no $$ at all?

Thanks.

gagek7

Known Member
Apr 25, 2005
seremban/tambun
1-P licences expires in 2 years.by the time it expired go to jpj and renew it.they will give you the standard licences (the one that everyone else using...same looking licence like P but without the P)

2-renew licence will cost u rm30 per year.so if u want to renew 2 years, u shud pay rm60 la...(can check the cost with jpj, maybe now up already.maybe 30 something now...forgot la).

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
I just renew my P license to CDL last 2 days at JPJ wangsa maju..

1. You can only renew your P to CDL 5 days before your expired date. Only can renew 1 years.. If you renew on your expired date or after (not more than 12 months), you can renew 1 years or 3 years or 5 years...

2. It cost RM30 per year.. If 3 years, then RM90, 5 years RM150.

Bring you P license, a license size picture and money..

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
I thought they said if you renew after your P expires, you must retake the whole exam again?

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
I thought they said if you renew after your P expires, you must retake the whole exam again?
No la.. Cause the counter officer told me.. I went there twice.. First, I went there 10 days earlier before my expired date.. Then she told me when only can apply.. Then I asked her, if after expired date can renew? He replied, don't over 1 year lor.. But, sure the faster get cdl, the better ma.. Hehe.

QuickRide

Known Member
Aug 31, 2007
apu..how long did it take for you to renew your CDL? You know, the last time i went to get my P, took me about 2 hours waiting thre. So sien -.-

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Found this video and it was a miracle that both mother and child survive the accident from a reckless truck driver....

Lucky it was left hand drive...if not the mother is a goner...

Looking at the condition of the car, I thought the mother and child would be dead.
Is a miracle.

Next time I'm gonna be careful driving besides this trucks. Especially cornerings would stay behind them instead of driving beside them man....scary...:afraid:

<iframe width="640" height="360"...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience