DIY: Bass Sensor and Neon Light

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
ken12292703 said:
Hello bros and siss,

DIYing CCFLs in the car is nice but CCFLs won't last long. I have burned 2 tubes after using 3 months. The brand is Coolermaster Twin with Sound Activated Sensor. It is sensitive and good. I bought it for RM40 for 2 tubes with sensor. I'll upload some pictures if i get my digicam working.

Okay, about the working voltage. 14.4V of car is okay for Coolermaster Twin Tube series. I tap it onto "Ignition" switch wire which it runs my air ionizer. Will update more later. Have to go lecture liao. Bye. :D
hey bro.. take your time for the pix.. i will be waiting... really wanna do disco in my car... it's cool man... aha

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Hie, sorry for the waiting.I would like to apologize that my cam's quality is not that good. The light is much more brighter as what i took. One thing i notice about CCFLs are it gets brighter when you on it longer.

The first picture is where the twin tube pack is being saparated into 2 parts under the dashboard that's left side and right side.

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
This is the module with the adjuster, switch and a vibration transducer. I have cut the part out where it secure in the PCI slot of a computer. So, it looks compact. By the way, this is hidden under the dashboard with double sided sticker. :D

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
By the way, this is the trunk part. Sorry that it is messy. :D The light is much more brighter than what i snaped. :D

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
That's the trunk module. Notice that i didn't cut off the metal that is used to secure the module to the PCI slot.

The second picture is the inverter that is being tied up the trunk. The CCFLs is being hidden behind the 2 indoor white lamps. :D

Happy DIY. :D

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
One more thing is that, DIY at your own risk. You must be careful and if you are a beginner, please unplug the (-) negative terminal of your battery or vice versa to be safe. Double check the connections and make sure you are correct and not guessing. If not, fuses will blow only larr. :D Hahaha.

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
yo bro bro bro! man i think this is abit hard for beginer like me... see the wiring n placing also i kecut de... haha.. hey bro thankz alot.! ya the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wanna try ler.. hehe

ken12292703

Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
No no bro, it's easy actually. Haha :D How will you learn it? Easy, bring your car to any car electrical shop or accesories shop. Say that you want to pull out wire from "ignition" or "light". They will do it and you observe really really carefully and ask questions. Like student and lecturer. Haha :D

This module only uses very little current. That's why you can pull out wire from anywhere. If those heavy lights and applications, you need to rewire and put relay.

Haha, happy DIY. :D You can try.

Put some guts and open up your middle console to see the ciggy lighter wires. Try try and sure can. :D

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
ask them pull out??? then then?? no need put back ka?? i plan to do this... er.. get those L.E.D lights.. those sold in the computer shops.. decorating the cpu one... then then i wanna get a bass detector lo.. the bass detectod can put anywhere liou ma... so so the L.E.D light i gonna get current from the ciggy place... just needa get the socket.. but the bad thing is... we can see wiring...ugly ugly...

sky_lor

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
done mine too, using the cooler master ccfl. the ccfl i use is purple. it look just great during the night, not too bright and the light is look cool. tap the positive from the cigar lighter wire and negative to the car ground. hope it will last...

sky_lor

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
ken12292703 said:
Hello bro sky_lor, where are you from? Good to hear that you have done it too.
hei yea...i am from PJ. now going to DIY sound proof my car with bitumen strip + insulfix i think...haha...happy DIY

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

print out the pic outline that i wan cut

here is the sticker...

stick the outline pic on the sticker..& follow the outline cut..wif cutter

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience