DIY: Exhaust Fire

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
anyone knows how to do this?

can we just source for a used ignition coil from the scrap yard and connect it to a 12V?

Brand new Exhaust gas ignition system
Produces flames from all single pipe exhaust systems
Full fitting instructions and parts supplied
Fits all cars except those listed below

****Not suitable for the following cars****

All Diesel Engines, Subaru Impreza, Toyota (Distributor Ignition), Honda Civic K8 3 door non VTEC, all engines under 800CC

the installation diagram

mrbear

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2005
my fren had done this project.. last week. IT WORKS!!

he needs ignition coil,12V .. kancil ones.. then relay.. switch .. some long wires. spark plugs.

it works.. im really impressed!!!

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
can share the installation pics..

price? :D

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
was quoted RM350 without installation.. quite steep..

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
how tat function? issit like misfiring system?

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
jus on da swith, and da fire will keep on go?

skyther

Jul 19, 2006
Perth, WA
... or just make a relay to cut the coil packs? What it'll basically do then is spit fuel through to your exhaust, which at high RPMs there'll be enough heat and fuel to make it go bang.

It'll screw up your valves + seals, cat and muffler though. :_:

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
this "fire king" thing is actually installed @ the end of the exhaust.. so the onli thing it'll screw up is the muffler.. will onli work with straight through exhaust.. hmm..

from what i know, it doesnt inject more fuel as well.. it onli burns up unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

the kit is basically an ignition coil + a switch.

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
cool eh... didnt c any kind of tis thing yet at kk... damn, KK so outdated.. pity ~.~ if got sell, i think i will buy it he he

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
waiting for mrbear to get some pics of his friend's setup.. ;p

ocphangaz

Known Member
May 24, 2006
ok we got 2 coils.. one is the primary coil for the engine, then we got the secondary coil for the spark plug at the rear exhaust.

both's (+) line is routed back to a momentary toggle switch. preferably a SPDT. the input is from the IGN from keyhole.

so on off position, the IGN from the keyhole will route to the pri coil. when the momentary button is pressed, the current will routed to the sec coil, leaving the pri coil without any voltage. thus the spark plug in the engine will not ignite the fuel mixture. the unburnt fuel mixture will travel out of the engine into the exhaust and being ignited by the sec coil at the tip of the exhaust.

how to use it? easy.. rev your engine to about 4k-5k rpm... press the button to re-route the current to the sec coil without leaving your feet off the throttle. when the button is pressed, the rpm will drop since there is no spark in the engine but there will be flame at the exhaust.. when rpm drop until 1500-2000rpm, let go of the button for the current to routed back to the pri coil to ignite the fuel in the engine cyclinder.

this is not something new, it's been around for few years. exhaust flames can burn the fibers in the muffler and damage the cat if there is leakage in the exhaust system.

smaller CC engine and exhaust diameter will have pointed flames (like gas stoves) and larger CC engine and larger exhaust vehicle will have "flame". Also larger CC engine can hold the flame longer than smaller CC engines. less than 1.6L can hold the flame no longer than 4sec.

hope this helps

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
lidat must cut which wire? or join the secondary coil to where? sifu pls provide some drawn pics if possible :D haha.. thks thks

there wun be ani problems if the sparks are not igniting when the engine is moving?

eghadi

Jul 25, 2006
yo...

Nieto said:
cool eh... didnt c any kind of tis thing yet at kk... damn, KK so outdated.. pity ~.~ if got sell, i think i will buy it he he
bro,i think you never seen that kind of thing in kk coz u never go round2 kk,my fren got ma oso the bettle use it.anyway,bro u from kk rite?hehehe,me oso.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi i am new here i am from the Caribbean
i jus buy a 4g91 carburetor engine and wanted to no what mods can i do with it
i thinking about porting and polishing it
also putting some weber
or even doing an weber turbo conversion
but i just don't want to do
can u all offer some advice
also what other parts i can interchange from the bigger brothers motor 4g92-93
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience