DIY: How To Apply Vinyl To JDM Fog Light

miib14

Dec 14, 2009
manchester
heres the how to on the ones me and my cuzn did...
we did these on his Almera Gti but this can be done any fogs..

Gave it try was realtively easy to be fair
It took about 15min to do the fog lights

Tools Needed
1.Hairdryer
2.squeegee
3.Stanley-Knife
4.Soapy Water

First thing to do is to clean the foglight to get any dirt or debris off.

Next thing to do is to lay the film down, and peel the vinyl away

Heat it up to make it more flexible and easier to work with and then spray the soapy water over the sticky side

Spray the foglight with the soapy water then flip the vinyl over and lay it onto the foglight. then start to push the water out, best thing to do is start from the curves of the light. keep the hairdryer on it during this stage.

This is what it should look like when all the water has been pushed out

End result

On my Cuzns car

When foglights are on

GOOD LUCK

can also be used anywhere really...

iv just done it to my rear lights...

before

after

Last edited:

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
good write up...but is that a special grade of tint sheet yr using? my understanding is fogs run very hot and most installers wont even try to install tints onto fogs as they'll just deform and burn off in spots...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
did some searching and i dont think it's been sold over here in Malaysia. if it is...i'd like to try it out myself...sort of protection for my fogs since my past sets were cracked by stone chips...

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
melvin...where u buy? i've been searching high and low but cant find. no problems with high heat from the fogs?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear sifus,
any idea if i could DIY a timer for the air-cond fan to spin after i turn off the engine?
my idea was to cool down the engine/engine bay with just only the air-cond fan... means like after u turn off ur engine, of course la the engine compartment will be hot, so if there's such thing as a timer to make ur fan to spin and blow air into ur engine compartment to cool down ur system? :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience