DIY: Bass Sensor and Neon Light

n305er

Known Member
Jan 25, 2005
- Penang -
www.n305er.com
Originally posted by sky_lor@Mar 29 2005, 19:36
actually i used to mod computer chasing. and i installed the light that u all talking about into my chasing and my fren's one. it's from i-cute, around....25 or 30 if the price is still the same la, from lowyat. it come together with the bass sensor and u can adjust the sensitivity of it. so u can "tune" it untill the level that u like. the light is look really cool, but i break mine already...when i open the chasing. i am thinking to install it to my car, under the seat or dahsboard mayb, and then connect to the light suiz...so when i on the light at night then it's will on...anyone got any idea?where to get the power supply and how to connect to the suiz?hope someone can help...and if got anyone wanna try it out plz let me noe...i am kaki DIY also...used to mod pc chasing....haha....now wanna start with car...so...happy DIY
[snapback]851622[/snapback]​
Yup... I'm also a PC case modder. :)
That's where I got my idea from...

Actually, the PC's 12V and car's 12V is about the same. Perhaps the current is slightly different but I'm not too sure...

Once you found a 12V wire in your Car, you can then install a molex directly to the wire and connect them to your sound sensor, then from the sensor to the inverter and from the inverter to the CCFL...

Actually, I have sources for Luxeons LEDs which are way brighter then CCFL. you can just connect those LEDs directly to a regulator or resistor and then connect them to the sound sensor... LED blinks better then CCFL and lasts longer...

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Anyone done this?? i still got no time to do this...concentrate more on engine bay DIY... B)

max1984

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
S.Alam
www.akiwaautobahn.com
anyone did already?interested to know also..

max1984

Known Member
Sep 17, 2004
S.Alam
www.akiwaautobahn.com
:)

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Time for DIY + Money for DIY > Resource Available :lol:

Being very busy in other DIY...this one later lar...somemore still don;t have ICE...install also not nice <_<

mie4385

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
PJ/TTDI/KJ
just want to share....i bought those dirt cheap dashboard lights that uses the ciggie lighter.
For about RM5 a pair, cut off the socket and hardwire them to the sub. wires / terminals...
works just fine...and follows the bass...althought the lighting not so perfect but it works if
you put up the volume a bit....for the budget and trendy bling bling....

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil
i may have some lobang to give u all in the ccfl light come with inverter and sound module, just pm me for detail, btw, i tried my ccfl used everyday to install in my car, fine after 5 hour running. and i off it after 5 hour, the rest i dunno, since the light can tahan 5 hour, i think it can still tahan until it reach it's lifespan about 3000hour? check on website later. the current from car is 12-14v, so maybe we need to modify a power supply unit to make sure it only pass 12v to ccfl, will update it later. and i think the unit only cost a few buck, happy diy

howiechoo

8,000 RPM
Jul 25, 2004
Bukit Jalil

alex_wky

Mar 25, 2005
did this a long time ago.
Power source: ciggie lighter socket.
CCFL Yellow wire ==> center pin of the cigaret lighter plug
CCFL black wire ==> side curvy thingy of cigaret lighter plug

i salvage the cigaret plug from a RM20 motorized air pump. Don't worry if you get the wiring wrong in the first try. It won't fry the CCFL or the engine.
Just DON'T short circuit the two wires together. sparks will fly and may drain the battery.

siong

Known Member
Nov 14, 2005
alex_wky said:
did this a long time ago.
Power source: ciggie lighter socket.
CCFL Yellow wire ==> center pin of the cigaret lighter plug
CCFL black wire ==> side curvy thingy of cigaret lighter plug

i salvage the cigaret plug from a RM20 motorized air pump. Don't worry if you get the wiring wrong in the first try. It won't fry the CCFL or the engine.
Just DON'T short circuit the two wires together. sparks will fly and may drain the battery.
hey cool alex.. do u mind share with us what u did???? any photo or anything to give us a clear shot??

ken12292703

Drives a shopping cart...
Nov 14, 2003
SoMeWhErE
Hello bros and siss,

DIYing CCFLs in the car is nice but CCFLs won't last long. I have burned 2 tubes after using 3 months. The brand is Coolermaster Twin with Sound Activated Sensor. It is sensitive and good. I bought it for RM40 for 2 tubes with sensor. I'll upload some pictures if i get my digicam working.

Okay, about the working voltage. 14.4V of car is okay for Coolermaster Twin Tube series. I tap it onto "Ignition" switch wire which it runs my air ionizer. Will update more later. Have to go lecture liao. Bye. :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mr. Solarturbine....is there anything wrong with you, your hand or your head?

WTF!!, are you doing keep simply disliking other people's post even disliking the forum R&R. You just do for fun or what? Yup, you've got my attention and You're not gonna like it. I've seen your way of replying to other people's posting and its really childish and F**king stupid to me....If you are having erectile problem then I advice you better don't come in here, if you are a wannabe super negative...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience